Butler on waivers

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So if he's brought up and sent back again this year he doesn't need to clear waivers again? Correct?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So if he's brought up and sent back again this year he doesn't need to clear waivers again? Correct?

I think that's only for a month after he clears waivers. If they want to send him down next month they'll have to waive him again.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This kind of makes no sense to me. The 4th line from last year becomes our third line now? And Josefson is centering Matteau and Jansen? Expect that line to see maybe 5 minutes unless they start double shifting Kovy with them. Kind of a head scratcher. I still don't know why we have Barch and Cam to be honest. One I can understand but we don't need both.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
What a smart management move by Lou.

But wait, I`m pretty sure I`ve seen multiple posters push the panic button. How uncharacteristic.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
This kind of makes no sense to me. The 4th line from last year becomes our third line now? And Josefson is centering Matteau and Jansen? Expect that line to see maybe 5 minutes unless they start double shifting Kovy with them. Kind of a head scratcher. I still don't know why we have Barch and Cam to be honest. One I can understand but we don't need both.

Quit being such a pessimist. We're playing on the other side of the Hudson. Cangialosi is going to be screaming MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! tonight, and the few Rags fans who accidentally turned the wrong MSG channel on will get all teary-eyed.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
What a smart management move by Lou.

But wait, I`m pretty sure I`ve seen multiple posters push the panic button. How uncharacteristic.

True. But I think more people were in an uproar because they assumed he would make the team given his play in Albany and our lack of forward depth.

But then again, no one but the coaching staff was at those practices.

apice3*

Kind of surprised he didn't get claimed. I know he's not an elite talent by any means, but the Islander have been waiver happy, I thought a team like them would claim him.

apice3*

Better to sneak him through waivers now, but the move was a little confusing still.

In retrospect, it actually made sense. At the time, I had no idea what was going on because I assumed Matteau was going to juniors, but with keeping him someone had to go.

Very smart move by Lou to squeeze an extra day of camp out of Butler. Not sure how much it helps, but it can't hurt.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Kind of surprised he didn't get claimed. I know he's not an elite talent by any means, but the Islander have been waiver happy, I thought a team like them would claim him.

Someone pointed out in the team news thread that it was a genius move by Lou. If anyone claimed Butler that late, they would have had to move someone down for him, and it was already past the deadline. If a team claimed Butler and tried to move him down, he'd have to go through waivers again.

apice3*

Very good point. Never would have thought to exploit Tedenby's waiver exemption to keep a 23 man roster full for opening night.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Quit being such a pessimist. We're playing on the other side of the Hudson. Cangialosi is going to be screaming MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! tonight, and the few Rags fans who accidentally turned the wrong MSG channel on will get all teary-eyed.

Im not being a pessimist, I never said it wouldn't work. I was just surprised by the move as it makes no sense IMO. Clearly you know more about these things than I do though.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Damn right. I'm from the future. It says I signed up in January of 2013, but what it leaves out is, it was a week from now.

apice3*

The 4th line plays like a 3rd line anyway. If they can play like they did in the playoffs.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
The 4th line plays like a 3rd line anyway. If they can play like they did in the playoffs.

I'll concede that they played a huge role in our run with timely goal scoring and up tempo banging, but they also were pinned back quite a bit and benefited from good fortune at both ends of the ice.

I think we'll see a regression in their play regardless, and counting on them for third line minutes would be folly.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I been saying since the re signing of Salvador that this 8 defensemen thing is gonna be the root of problems, and that's what this stems down to. And the fact that management won't waive Janssen.

With the decision to send down Butler, and not Janssen, I wouldn't be surprised if a defenseman is not traded. I'm still thinking that we will, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just gonna wait, and see if someone on the defense needs to go to LTIR after so long.

apice3*

Janssen needs to be on the roster if Barch is out. Enforcers still play a role in the NHL.

Mory Schneideur*

:laugh: pure gold!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->