Butch's top 150 Prospect List

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fun list. Always fascinating to see. For instance, on the Bruins board, Bjork and Senyshyn were both ahead of JFK in pre-season voting. Although, JFK and Donato are probably the teams biggest risers.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Fun list. Always fascinating to see. For instance, on the Bruins board, Bjork and Senyshyn were both ahead of JFK in pre-season voting. Although, JFK and Donato are probably the teams biggest risers.

I was assuming Heinen, Bjork and McAvoy were all not considered eligible for this list. Bjork was in the NHL all season until yesterday.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
From a Habs perspective many are starting to think that Josh Brook might be our best prospect and yes above Mete, Poehling and Lindgren

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Merkley should be higher. 20 years old and 1,25ppg in AHL so far this season. I think he should be atleast 50 spots higher

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Interesting list, well done!

Just looking through the Leafs rankings, and I find them intriguing.

10. Liljegren
59. Kapanen
89. Woll (Any reason why he isn't in the goalie category?)
111. Nielsen
115. Dermott
117. Rasanen
143. Korshkov

My current Leaf's rankings are as followed:
1) Liljegren
2) Dermott
3) Kapanen
4) Korshkov
5) Woll
6) Grundstrom
7) Rasanen
8) Johnsson
9) Nielsen
10) Timashov

HM: Bracco, Brooks, Sparks, Rychel, Kara, Scott

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This goalie list is in order? Or just random order?

I think this is a very interesting list, with some bold calls in a good way. Would have been nice to see a few comments on at least the top 10 or 20.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Just be watching the Marlies, I don't know how the author could ever rate Nielsen so high, especially over Dermot. Did he just look at scoring stats?
Just going by math...and if the lists were accurate. An average team would have players rated as
15, 46, 77, 108, 139, 170.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Solid list! From an Oilers' perspective, was Benson close to making it? He's having a solid season and looks like he can be a good 2nd liner.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Impressive list. Bruins with 7 in the top 150, and I think you got the order of them almost exact. I would have Zboril in there too, but everyone will have some quibble. Nice job.

Was on my top 177 but i have to cut off some name . Still hope that he turn into third pairing defensemen

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Mason Appleton and le petit (brendan) lemieux should be on list. Perhaps near 140 mark. Appleton is Leading rookie scorer in ahl.

Jets very well represented already with at least 7.

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The most glaring omission is Igor Shestyorkin. He has a case to be top goalie outside the NHL and a top 10 overall prospect. Rangers fans who follow our prospects likely still have him above both Andersson and Chytil. He has the best numbers of any prospect goaltender, and it’s not because of the team he plays on.

Outside of that, this is a solid list. Good job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Just curious... why are Jost and Chabot included on your list but not Hishier and Patrick?

The Avs fan in me loves to see Makar at #1 even though my brain may not necessarily agree.

Good one.

Because Jost and Chabot played some AHL game and not Patrick/Jost

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
From a Habs perspective many are starting to think that Josh Brook might be our best prospect and yes above Mete, Poehling and Lindgren

I'm a habs fans and Josh Brook didn't impress me at all in camp and with team canada. For a big guys , he is very mobile but i don't have the wow factor for me but il close to make the top 150 . Maybe a have to pay more attention after christmas , i will try to watch Moose Jaw one time or two but i would be really surprised that at such a progression coming to exceed Mete and Poehling . Not a fans of Mete i think what we saw now it what we are going to see in 10 years just more experimented . Peohling is a very nice prospect , very intelligent and do whatever you want on the ice . I still do not know if he will become a top 6 foward or a jordan staal guy, but I know he will become a great player, especially with the progresson he has

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Solid list! From an Oilers' perspective, was Benson close to making it? He's having a solid season and looks like he can be a good 2nd liner.

Was in top 177 , cut off her name at the end . Benson is a great duo complement , so he could have an excellent career since he is drafted in the right place . Edmonton need some good wingers , and Benson had the hockey IQ and the Finnish to play Leon or McDavid .

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
The most glaring omission is Igor Shestyorkin. He has a case to be top goalie outside the NHL and a top 10 overall prospect. Rangers fans who follow our prospects likely still have him above both Andersson and Chytil. He has the best numbers of any prospect goaltender, and it’s not because of the team he plays on.

Outside of that, this is a solid list. Good job.

You're right , I did not pay enough attention in the goalie . Last year , i ranked them and Shestyorkin was in top 30 in my memory . I will add her

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad