Butch's List of the top 175 Drafted Prospects

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Great list, but the one I’m curious about and I’ve seen him on multiple other lists, is Philippe Myers
Curious what you do/don’t see in his game to warrant not being on the list.
Unless I’m blind and completely missed it haha

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
He had a pretty good season so far (last year to) but honestly , didn't see that much of him this year

Thanks for the comment

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Six Canucks in the top 83. Not bad!
I'd probably have Tyler Madden above Juolevi and especially Dahlen but that's just personal preference.
Thanks for all the work!

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Six Canucks in the top 83. Not bad!
I'd probably have Tyler Madden above Juolevi and especially Dahlen but that's just personal preference.
Thanks for all the work!

I really like Madden at the WJ but i think that Juolevi could turn into a better piece in a lineup . But it's time for him to do something

Dahlen could be a better fit in a top 6 than Madden . Dahlen had the static ability to score and make play , Madden is more a bottom 6 player with lot of speed and aggressivity

The Canucks will be very good soon , Boeser/Horvat/Pettersen/Hughes/Demko it's a pretty good core

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I was sent down when i had do the final ranking , just put him here because that and because and had watch a lot of Mete game , so i find that interesting to rank him

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I would've had Romanov a bit higher because he won top D at the WJC but great list man

Had winning a Trophy is not a argument ... But Romanov was Ok at the super serie and at the world junior a challenge . I think he had good tools , like a little Doughty with less talent and speed , but he play the right way . But i like more the skills package of Vaakanainen or Ty Smith for exemple

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Thanks for this list Butch26

For guys like me, that are just novices, when trying to know the prospects, your list is like a bible. I posted a link on Canuck.com.....as we are always debating trades, this is just one more piece of info, to go into the puzzle.

Forgive me for asking, as I know Goldbin has graduated, but if you were to put him somewhere in this years ranking, as of today, where would you place him.

It would also be very interesting where you would put the goalies in the list...…but I understand why not.

It has to be a lot of work.....A lot!

Thanks again.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Thanks for this list Butch26

For guys like me, that are just novices, when trying to know the prospects, your list is like a bible. I posted a link on Canuck.com.....as we are always debating trades, this is just one more piece of info, to go into the puzzle.

Forgive me for asking, as I know Goldbin has graduated, but if you were to put him somewhere in this years ranking, as of today, where would you place him.

It would also be very interesting where you would put the goalies in the list...…but I understand why not.

It has to be a lot of work.....A lot!

Thanks again.

I would say between 45 and 60 for Guldobin . Dynamic foward with some offensive upside , but not always very effective . He had two good game when i had look at him , but we had to remember that he's already 23 years old . I think he will be able to keep a spot on the top at mid term

I dont believe i have the capacity to evaluate well the goalie so it's why i don't put them in the ranking , but if your questions i where i'd will place Demko , i think after Hart and the two russian boy , he's the boy

Reactions: zcaptain

member 147413

What are your thoughts on Bracco, Grundstrom, Durzi, Hollowell and Ian Scott?

Asking because myself and many other Leafs fans would put those prospects ahead of Korshkov and Rasanen.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I would say between 45 and 60 for Guldobin . Dynamic foward with some offensive upside , but not always very effective . He had two good game when i had look at him , but we had to remember that he's already 23 years old . I think he will be able to keep a spot on the top at mid term

I dont believe i have the capacity to evaluate well the goalie so it's why i don't put them in the ranking , but if your questions i where i'd will place Demko , i think after Hart and the two russian boy , he's the boy

Thank Butch26

My motive for asking was to get an objective opinion without and Trolls derailing it...…...personally, Goldobin;s offensive upside is fine, and is a top 6 forward in that regard, but he is a little spotty. Where Green has a problem with him is on the boards and defensively. He is 23 and that is why I ask, just trying to see if he had value, which is why I ask.

Again, I appreciate your view, very much. Thank you for taking the time...……..

I was great to read your analysis on all the prospects value...…..It gives us Canuck fans hope, despite some of the talk by Trolls on here......Merci beaucoup!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Very nice job - I'm sure this took many, many hours.

Pleasantly surprised to see Ben Gleason at 108. Could you elaborate on your thoughts about him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad