Butch Goring is Insufferable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't understand how this guy is still commentating on NHL games. He sounds like the typical fan on the broadcast to such an extent it comes off very unprofessional. Has pet names for many players on the Islanders that he uses instead of their actual names. He's hooting and hollering every 50/50 call to be called in favor of the Islanders. I feel bad for Brendan Burke who is a terrific play by play guy that he has to carry around Goring. Goring often will interrupt Burke giving the play by play with knee jerk shouting at the refs that sounds like a drunk fan. Great hockey career, but Goring is not fit to commentate on NHL games. MSG has to get rid of this fool.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't understand how this guy is still commentating on NHL games. He sounds like the typical fan on the broadcast to such an extent it comes off very unprofessional. Has pet names for many players on the Islanders that he uses instead of their actual names. He's hooting and hollering every 50/50 call to be called in favor of the Islanders. I feel bad for Brendan Burke who is a terrific play by play guy that he has to carry around Goring. Goring often will interrupt Burke giving the play by play with knee jerk shouting at the refs that sounds like a drunk fan. Great hockey career, but Goring is not fit to commentate on NHL games. MSG has to get rid of this fool.
Even if you have a point on Butch ......he has a tom of company around the league.
Atleast Butch played the game, won championships.
He ain't showing off his clothes , playing a fashion coach, screaming at collegues about violence on hockey, ......un professional you say ? ......it's the norm.

Reactions: SI90

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
100% fair but this isn’t threads worthy. Butch messes up pronunciations but his breakdowns of the game are usually spot on and insightful. He knows his shit. This thread coming out of nowhere from rangers fan is just weird.

Yeah, I don't know why this needs to be a thread on the main board. And if it is it can be at least put in the form of a question rather than a rant.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Suggestion: don't listen to Butch Goring if you don't like listening to Butch Goring

Everything in the world doesn't need to cater specifically to you. You'll be okay if something exists that you don't like. It will be hard for you but you will be okay.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Butch tries so hard to be like Mickey Redmond. Problem is he's just not a likeable person.
This is where Ignorance is exposed. If you say he “doesn’t come off as likable” that’s one thing but he’s one of the most approachable and friendly guys you will meet. Walks around every game and talks to kids and and fans. Stays after games to take photos.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
OP wasn't satisfied with the three threads yesterday where these two fanbases shit in their hands and threw it at each other, so he made another one.

This is weird to criticize. It's always weird.

People take announcing way too seriously. It's not high-brow journalism. It's part of the tv production. It's entertainment. If Isles fans enjoy Butch (I think he's hilarious), then that's what he's there for.

If you want good analysis, honestly, login to HF and ask somebody who knows their shit. We have plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA