News Article: Bus crashes killing over a dozen members of the Humboldt Broncos

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This had me in tears this morning. A bus carrying some lower-level junior hockey players crashed, killing half of those on board. A few others are badly injured.

'You are in Saskatchewan's hearts':14 confirmed dead in junior hockey team bus crash | CBC News

This is incredibly sad and just awful for the hockey community as a whole, and obviously the families and friends of those involved. I don't know if we allow donations sites, but if so and if anyone finds some, please share.

Also, sorry if this belongs elsewhere. I just feel like the hockey community always pulls together better than any other sport, and everyone should be aware of this tragedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ola

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This won't get the same media attention as the Yaroslavl air crash but in my opinion this is on the same level of tragedy. Extremely sad to hear that only half of the people on the bus survived

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So tragic. My condolence to all families and close ones of those that didn’t survive the collision, and a full recovery to those who did.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This won't get the same media attention as the Yaroslavl air crash but in my opinion this is on the same level of tragedy. Extremely sad to hear that only half of the people on the bus survived
I think this is so much worse. These were kids. Nobody over 20. They barely got a taste of what life should be about. As a dad it makes me tear up just thinking about it. A lot of these kids were from the same area, I can't imagine the impact on that community. Then my mind thinks the crazy stuff like players who were traded onto or off of that team and how sometimes the universe is going to put you in harm's way or take you out of it and when it does there isn't much you can do about it.

Reactions: Holocene

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think this is so much worse. These were kids. Nobody over 20. They barely got a taste of what life should be about. As a dad it makes me tear up just thinking about it. A lot of these kids were from the same area, I can't imagine the impact on that community. Then my mind thinks the crazy stuff like players who were traded onto or off of that team and how sometimes the universe is going to put you in harm's way or take you out of it and when it does there isn't much you can do about it.

Not to mention those on the bus that survived and lost tons of close friends that are basically family that may be dealing with survivor's guilt afterwards.

It's just terrible all around.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This had me in tears this morning. A bus carrying some lower-level junior hockey players crashed, killing half of those on board. A few others are badly injured.

'You are in Saskatchewan's hearts':14 confirmed dead in junior hockey team bus crash | CBC News

This is incredibly sad and just awful for the hockey community as a whole, and obviously the families and friends of those involved. I don't know if we allow donations sites, but if so and if anyone finds some, please share.

Also, sorry if this belings elsewhere. I just feel like the hockey community always pulls together better than any other sport, and everyone should be aware of this tragedy.

In lieu of 'like' or thumbs up, kudos to you, OP for bringing this to our attention.

As said, condolences.

"... and may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace."
Amen

Reactions: nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Horrible. The article mentions another bus accident in the 80's. That one killed 4 players and one of them was Lindy Ruff's brother. Hopefully the survivors all pull through and make full recoveries.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Words cant even begin to describe how i feel for all involved and their families. :(:(:(

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Awful, just awful. Players, coaches, broadcaster. Horrific for the families. Can't imagine what the parents are going through.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The GoFundMe page I linked to a few posts up is already up to $2M. Of course no amount of money can begin to ease the pain these families and survivors will feel for the rest of their lives, but it's still great to see. The Hockey Family always pulls together in times of need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->