Waived: Burrows, O'Brien and Oduya

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Isn't it more the case that the organization didn't have anyone else who they thought was better to play with Karlsson? He has more experience than Claesson who I guess would be the other choice. I think the only other option would be to make a trade for one, but that costs assets & they would have to have sent back salary the other way that at least matches.

Still pretty bad to end up in a situation where Oduya is your best option at left D. From a management standpoint.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You’ve got to give something to get something. I can tell you… I don’t know how many deals… I think I’ve made 10 deals… I don’t know how many deals that I’ve made as the head of hockey operations here, as the general manager here, I’ve made about 10 deals or so. The one deal that I kind of gave myself a fist pump in the mirror the other day when I was trying to get dressed and doing everything… I was half-dressed when I was doing the deal. I was in my underwear… it was Alex Burrows.
We have a player similar to Dahlen in Francis Perron who was the Quebec League MVP – a smaller, slighter body with great hands and great skills. We didn’t give up a Colin White. You didn’t give up a Logan Brown. You didn’t give up a Thomas Chabot and we got someone that I know is going to play on our top three lines for the next two years and two months.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Maybe he refers to a literal wake up call in that Burrows potentially suffers from narcolepsy and routinely falls asleep on the ice, makes sense looking at his "play".

Maybe Burrows is stuck in the matrix, and Dorion is trying to convince him to flee the program before the Agent Smiths get him.

"Wake up, Alex... you need to run".

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Maybe Burrows is stuck in the matrix, and Dorion is trying to convince him to flee the program before the Agent Smiths get him.

"Wake up, Alex... you need to run".

Hmmm, maybe he gets out and can then upload a hockey program (similar to the kung fu one) directly to his mind so he becomes an expert?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->