Waived: Burrows, O'Brien and Oduya

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Burrows I get

Can't believe nobody wanted Oduya even for like a 6th or whatever, cup winning D and intangibles and all that. Unless maybe other teams are scared of him reaching his bonus?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, goodbye Burrows.

What a disgrace our organisation has become

If we had any organization beyond Melnyk and Dorion... Dorion should be held to the coals for the Burrows trade and extension.

#ThePlan.... He could not move Oduya in the last what 2-3 weeks for a 7th?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If we had any organization beyond Melnyk and Dorion... Dorion should be held to the coals for the Burrows trade and extension
Never could have imagined the trade could possibly look any worse, even using hindsight.

Dorion is paid to do this. Normally you would face consequences, he receives 3 years salary

Reactions: Bileur

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think oduya gets traded after waivers, teams can stash him in the minors with a smaller cap hit and he becomes a #8 dman for playoff teams

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If we had any organization beyond Melnyk and Dorion... Dorion should be held to the coals for the Burrows trade and extension.

#ThePlan.... He could not move Oduya in the last what 2-3 weeks for a 7th?
Davidson got a 3rd

Reactions: bert

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
The exact moves I thought should have been done two and a half months ago.

Oduya and/or Burrows might be waived for the same reason the Senators waived DiDo - make it easier for acquiring team to send down.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We still might get a late pick for either one. It's not likely, but a team could only want them if they clear waivers and thus give the team flexibility to send them down without losing them.

Although my guess is that Oduya's bonus money makes him untradeable, and I'd be surprised if we get anything for Burrows.

Smart move would be to see if we could get an asset by retaining half of Burrow's salary. At that point, if he doesn't work out, a team could waive him and only be on the hook for about 300k in dead cap due to the 950k cap relief they'd get.

We'd still have one more retention slot available if we need it to dump another player, and we'd save 1.25M prorated for the remainder of this year, and for the entirety of next year if Burrows is just going to be in the AHL from now on. From that stand point, it'd probably be worth doing just for future considerations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad