Burns to forward

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I wouldn't mind, but I think his contract/age might be the more pressing concern. He may have more value as a trade target than he would at any position on this team now.

Now, if this were JONES TO FORWARD, that might be addition by subtraction from the net . . . :sarcasm:
haha but seriously, can goalies ever transition out of net? do they have the skills to be skaters?

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
No point, this year is shot. No point in screwing up Burns’ rhythm and practice routines to try to bandaid our forward group this year.

At this point it’s just riding out the season and working on the small things that they can carry over into next year.
We don’t need burns taking more abuse running around behind the net get smashed while forechecking. It can only hurt us as he’s not playing forward next year

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Rangers fan who was dragged to the NJ game last night... I haven't seen SJ in person in years, so seeing Burns tower over every other player on the ice was pretty crazy. He would be something special if he had more physicality in his game!

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Rangers fan who was dragged to the NJ game last night... I haven't seen SJ in person in years, so seeing Burns tower over every other player on the ice was pretty crazy. He would be something special if he had more physicality in his game!

He used to be that way. A couple years ago or so he just stopped playing like 2016 Burns - less aggressive in all three zones, not jumping into the play as much, relying on point shots for tips. I will say he's been a bit more reliable defensively in general, at least to my eye.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
when he played forward he was literally the best power forward in the league. unstoppable wrecking ball

Reactions: stator

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It was so long ago i can't really remember but i thought he came in and out of the lineup a few times during that season.
This is the way I remember it too. I also remember him kinda falling off at some point and some of us blamed the extra wear and tear from playing forward

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
I think he was butt-ended by Jonas Hiller’s stick when he played for Calgary. I remember he had a concussion because he was out when he, Tommy Wingels, James Sheppard and... maybe Desjardins live-streamed for charity on Twitch. Good times.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Burns as a forward also took a stick in the gums resulting in a sinus fracture

That's the most gruesome injury I remember any Shark enduring other than when Martin Havlat had pelvic floor reconstructive surgery

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This is the way I remember it too. I also remember him kinda falling off at some point and some of us blamed the extra wear and tear from playing forward

Its not even the wear and tear from being forward. Its just the way he went about playing the position, with him there was no coasting in the offensive zone it was balls to the wall and go.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He missed 13 games as a forward. Thats a mighty face injury if that was the only injury.
it was absolutely brutal.

Burns as a forward also took a stick in the gums resulting in a sinus fracture

That's the most gruesome injury I remember any Shark enduring other than when Martin Havlat had pelvic floor reconstructive surgery

that. i remember he continued to miss games for "sore gums" and we were like .. wha?

pretty sure it's why his top row has no teeth in front

he was mic'd up and it's on video somewhere too

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Jonas Hiller ugh.
One of the reasons I despised the Ducks back then along with Getzbald and Perry. I did like that Parros guy back then though, good guy, didn't think he would turn heel on us like this.

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad