Burns the best player on Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
finzup77r said:
Not a bad problem to have!
Someone mentioned on the Flyers board that in a few years the team may have to be renamed the Philadelphia Helicopters (strength down the middle, no wings).

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Stewart, Richards, Carter, Phaneuf, Dawes, are a few names of players who have been better then Burns IMO.
Phaneuf & Dawes!! :lol:
They are ok but nothing special ...
phaneuf positional play worry me a bit .. he try too much the big hit while he should keep it more simple .. and i'll get bashed for this but he's not very creative with the puck he always try to shoot on the net while other options would be better ...
and dawes is basically pure offense and nothing more he really dispointed me defensively, he still has a real nice shot and good speed .. he needs to bulk up a little bit and work on his defense if he want to compete in the nhl in a nearly future..
anyway team canada is very good but Burns played very good and better than dawes and phaneuf IMO..

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Kryoptix said:
Phaneuf & Dawes!! :lol:
They are ok but nothing special ...
phaneuf positional play worry me a bit .. he try too much the big hit while he should keep it more simple .. and i'll get bashed for this but he's not very creative with the puck he always try to shoot on the net while other options would be better ...
and dawes is basically pure offense and nothing more he really dispointed me defensively, he still has a real nice shot and good speed .. he needs to bulk up a little bit and work on his defense if he want to compete in the nhl in a nearly future..
anyway team canada is very good but Burns played very good and better than dawes and phaneuf IMO..

"Pure offense"? No one on Team Canada has played anything but 2 way hockey, otherwise they would get no icetime. Were you watching the games or just the highlight reels.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
"Pure offense"? No one on Team Canada has played anything but 2 way hockey, otherwise they would get no icetime. Were you watching the games or just the highlight reels.
ok so if you consider dawes a 2 way player .. maybe i'll consider Ribeiro a 2 way player **btw it's sarcastic ...
he's by far IMO the worst defensive player on team canada .. he just can't cover his opponent .. he was if i remember well directly responsible of 2 opponents goals on canada (on 7 goals they allowed!)

but on the other side of the ice he's one of the best !

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Kryoptix said:
ok so if you consider dawes a 2 way player .. maybe i'll consider Ribeiro a 2 way player **btw it's sarcastic ...
he's by far IMO the worst defensive player on team canada .. he just can't cover his opponent .. he was if i remember well directly responsible of 2 opponents goals on canada (on 7 goals they allowed!)

but on the other side of the ice he's one of the best !

Just a guess-was it two of your imaginary ones? Canada only gave up 4, or 5 if you include the Czechs third (disallowed) goal.

Edit; Dawes was not on the ice or in the penalty box for any of the 4 goals scored on Canada if I read the game reports correctly.

Last edited:

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
FlyersFan said:
Someone mentioned on the Flyers board that in a few years the team may have to be renamed the Philadelphia Helicopters (strength down the middle, no wings).

:lol: :lol:

Too Funny!

Lunaris

Sep 29, 2002
Mascouche, Quebec
Visit site
From what I've saw (all games beside today's game..), Carter, Phaneuf and Stewart were doing real great. (In fact most of the guys did well, but these 3 were more catching my eyes).

Also, for a guy drafted kinda late, Meech is doing a real great job. And after reading so much good about Coburn (and seeing him going so quick in last draft) I thought he would be more dominant than that. He is playing well, but... not what I thought it would be.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Lunaris said:
From what I've saw (all games beside today's game..), Carter, Phaneuf and Stewart were doing real great. (In fact most of the guys did well, but these 3 were more catching my eyes).

Also, for a guy drafted kinda late, Meech is doing a real great job. And after reading so much good about Coburn (and seeing him going so quick in last draft) I thought he would be more dominant than that. He is playing well, but... not what I thought it would be.
I think people really overrate Coburn's offensive potential. It is not on par with the other two of the 'big three' IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->