Burmistrov vs RNH

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Burmistrov plays abit like Datsyuk, but doesn't or atleast not in my opinion, display any Elite skill yet.

RNH- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins does. He plays like a Joe Sakic type of player, and has alot more skill oozing out of him. I'd take RNH over Burmistrov every time.

Ashe

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatoon SK
Burmistrov plays abit like Datsyuk, but doesn't or atleast not in my opinion, display any Elite skill yet.

RNH- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins does. He plays like a Joe Sakic type of player, and has alot more skill oozing out of him. I'd take RNH over Burmistrov every time.

I'm not sure if you are serious?

Burmistrov's been over in NA for 3 years now?
was told he'd spend another year in junior if he didnt put on 20 pounds, and he did in 2 months. He's crafty with the puck, plays the 2 way game super well, and gets key PK time.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
RNH: Elite talent but risk
Burmistrov: safe pick, Datsyuk/larionov type.. Russian but has been in NA for a while and has stated his opinion on KHL already. Less talent than RNH

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
They don't. At all. They're two different kinds of players.

You have to be kidding. This is an excellent poll.

They play very a like. Both extremely poise and patient with the puck, great stickhandlers and elusive.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
RNH: Elite talent but risk
Burmistrov: safe pick, Datsyuk/larionov type.. Russian but has been in NA for a while and has stated his opinion on KHL already. Less talent than RNH

I have to say, saying Burmistrov is a "Safe pick" with less talent than RNH, yet at the same time saying he is a "Datsyuk / Larionov" type doesn't make any sense.

The point being, RNH will be lucky to ever come close to the talent, production and elite NHL level as Datysyuk and Larionov. These are two superior talents, and RNH has not come close to showing he is ever going to be on their level.

I like RNH a lot and would be over the moon if the Sens landed him, but realistically, he is unlikely to ever reach the level of Datsyuk or Larionov even if he maxes out his potential.

As junior prospects, they actually do play somewhat similar, although RNH is ahead in his development as a draft eligible prospect. However, Burmistrov has shown he has improved a lot by taking a regular spot in the NHL, so we'll see whether RNH can follow suit.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I have to say, saying Burmistrov is a "Safe pick" with less talent than RNH, yet at the same time saying he is a "Datsyuk / Larionov" type doesn't make any sense.

The point being, RNH will be lucky to ever come close to the talent, production and elite NHL level as Datysyuk and Larionov. These are two superior talents, and RNH has not come close to showing he is ever going to be on their level.

I like RNH a lot and would be over the moon if the Sens landed him, but realistically, he is unlikely to ever reach the level of Datsyuk or Larionov even if he maxes out his potential.

As junior prospects, they actually do play somewhat similar, although RNH is ahead in his development as a draft eligible prospect. However, Burmistrov has shown he has improved a lot by taking a regular spot in the NHL, so we'll see whether RNH can follow suit.

The only thing I disagree with is if RNH maxes out his potential, IMO he could be a Datsyuk type offensive centre. However, it's obviously nearly impossible to expect him to ever have the elite defensive game of Datsyuk. IMO, Datsyuk is the best 2-way forward in the NHL right now so it's obviously pretty unrealistic to get to that level, but they do play a similar style so I suppose it's possible.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

RNH is more talented, saying Burmistrov can be a datsyuk like player doesn't mean he will become a datsyuk it just means his style of play is similar.

RNH is a much riskier player as Burmistrov made the NHL for his defensive play, something i don't think RNH can rely on to make the NHL

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I personally don't think Burmistrov can reach Datsyuk's offensive ability, but I do think he can get close to him defensively. Just needs to improve on his faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad