Recalled/Assigned: Burmistrov on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Waiving Burmi is best for him. He gets a fresh start with another team. If he rocks the AHL then next year some NHL team will take a chance.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Dudley was high on him for some reason. As I recall he was viewed as more of a complete two-way forward who had a lot more to contribute that just offensive prowess (which obviously didn't translate at the NHL level). Other than Burmistrov, Dudley did a good job in a short time, but that was his biggest fail.

Kane and Bogo were pretty much ranked right where they were drafted (Burmi was drafted earlier than expected) but both were rushed, especially Bogo.

Burmi was a bit of reach but not nearly even on Scheifele level nevermind Morrissey level. He was a guy that was quite exciting in the junior game, he had fantastic hands. Nifty skater with great hands and a responsible two way player, many viewed him as Datsyuk lite.

See some draft preview stuff.
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-hockey-spy%E2%80%99s-2010-nhl-entry-draft-preview-%E2%80%93-alexander-burmistrov/

http://www2.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=39853

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62937

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62943

Remember too that Burmistrov had an electric rookie season. A PK beast that often showed off fantastic hands, after his rookie year he really did look like he had near Datsyuk like potential.

I wasn't paying attention to the Thrashers in 2010 so I appreciate your responses.

Thank you!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
What's interesting is that it happened near the middle of his KHL.

He was good in his first season in the KHL.
In his second season he was not.

Wonder what happened...

Edit: Can almost see where the descent began...
C1H3MBPVEAAFM_e.jpg

Did it coincide with his chat with Maurice?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
That is around the same time, yes.

I'm out now, but I had estimated relCorsi for KHL and it is a similar curve too, although his 2013 looks better and 2015 looks worse.

Interesting. Could Maurice have made some suggestions to Burmi as to changes he needed to make in his game to get back to the NHL? Purely speculation, but the more time Burmi spends under Maurice's influence, the worse he seems to get.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Interesting. Could Maurice have made some suggestions to Burmi as to changes he needed to make in his game to get back to the NHL? Purely speculation, but the more time Burmi spends under Maurice's influence, the worse he seems to get.

So in a 1 hr conversation, Maurice ruined Burmi's entire career? Come on now.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Good bye Burmi. You actually were my favorite player in season 1 of the return and had expected a solid career from you.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I think Maurice could potentially be a variable, but I would be highly skeptical he is the cause.

QoT is definitely a factor, because Burmistrov went from being a guy mostly with Kane, Welly, and Antro to a guy mostly with Stafford, Thorburn, and Lowry. However, it's not the cause either, as even when he used to spend time on the 4th line they would do relatively better with than without.

Could be many things: effort, substances, weird age curve, environment, mental, effort... or combination of many.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think Maurice could potentially be a variable, but I would be highly skeptical he is the cause.

QoT is definitely a factor, because Burmistrov went from being a guy mostly with Kane, Welly, and Antro to a guy mostly with Stafford, Thorburn, and Lowry. However, it's not the cause either, as even when he used to spend time on the 4th line they would do relatively better with than without.

Could be many things: effort, substances, weird age curve, environment, mental, effort... or combination of many.

on the intangible side, he strikes me as a guy who just isn't enjoying hockey any more

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Bumistrov on waivers? Shocking. [/sarcasm]

His play has always reminded me of the kid that got promoted from the community club scrub team up to AAA, a player that looked good in an unstructured environment but has essentially no idea of how to play a team game when it matters. He got by on talent; to say his game lacks structure is a gigantic understatement. Atlanta made a massive mistake by promoting him to the NHL sans any AHL time. Winnipeg made an even larger mistake by bringing him back from Russia a few years ago.

Agree with you on everything except it being a larger mistake bringing him back.

It was a low risk move bringing him back, well worth it to take one more look at an asset before cutting bait.
He was young enough to still have hope that it would click for him after his stint in the K, with a bit of maturity and understanding of what he needed to be as a player.

It didn't work out, but I wouldn't classify it as a large mistake.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Way back when....Claude Noel was supposedly the problem......now years later it is Maruice?.....

Seems this excusemeistering for Burmi, never stops. It should. This organization has wasted far more than enough time on this guy.

He can be some other teams pet project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad