Recalled/Assigned: Burmistrov on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Way to send a message after that horrible effort last night.....oh wait, he didn't play..

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Most likely Burmi only has trade value once he clears. Interesting though Chevy is opening up a roster spot.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Hope that is only the beginning....team needs a seismic jolt....This is a very insignificant move

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Clearly, Burmi was spreading discord on the team and had to go. With this load off, we can expect the team to start playing like the champions we know they are. :sarcasm:

Well, at least the Thrasher Stink just dropped a bit. Hopefully more to come.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Buff next hopefully

I like buff but it sure seems like (and I stressed this a year ago) we need to get passed the old regime of buff running the room and wheeler and move on leadership wise. We let Ladd go, two left, they both are good players but that leadership isnt up to snuff maybe? Who knows

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
If he he is picked up then the Jets save about $ 800 k. The remaining portion of his salary.

They should have bought the final year of Pavalacs contract out and just have Phillips back up Commie for the Moose. They would have saved an additional 1.5 mill.

They kept Pass around as a 1.5 mill insurance option. Just like b4 when they traded for Budjai from Montreal.

Stafford is next b4 Feb 15 th.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I see the Jets retaining 600k to get him down to where there's no cap hit if he gets sent down. Also if he clears his value actually goes up a bit. If both happen I can see them moving him.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If he he is picked up then the Jets save about $ 800 k. The remaining portion of his salary.

They should have bought the final year of Pavalacs contract out and just have Phillips back up Commie for the Moose. They would have saved an additional 1.5 mill.

They kept Pass around as a 1.5 mill insurance option. Just like b4 when they traded for Budjai from Montreal.

Budaj is playing well of course, guy no one wanted and we had lol

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just as Uncle Sip predicted......but Sip we will trade Burmi, he's got value, no kids only good players have value, besides Grandpa Chevy doesn't make trades unless good players do bad things....

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I see the Jets retaining 600k to get him down to where there's no cap hit if he gets sent down. Also if he clears his value actually goes up a bit. If both happen I can see them moving him.

I'm thinking maybe there is a trade in the works, but only if Burmi is in the A so the team doesn't have to put him directly onto their roster.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm thinking maybe there is a trade in the works, but only if Burmi is in the A so the team doesn't have to put him directly onto their roster.

Burmi isn't going to the A for any team Jets included, Burmi will refuse any demotion after all he is still a top line C in his mind, never mind that he was as useless in the A as he has been in the NHL.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Burmi isn't going to the A for any team Jets included, Burmi will refuse any demotion after all he is still a top line C in his mind, never mind that he was as useless in the A as he has been in the NHL.

Interesting...you think Burmi doesn't report to the Moose? If he doesn't, I assume we save his cap hit the rest of the season?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Then he gets suspended and the Jets save $800,000 for the rest of the season and you can keep him away from the team. But I still think there is a possibility that any suitors are only interested if they don't immediately have to put him on their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad