burmistrov,m.granlund, r.johansen

BOS77

Jul 17, 2011
Nova Scotia
these are 3 of some of best young centerman out there imo,but speaking on point production only do you guy's see one as having an higher ceiling or one putting up more points in there prime.if you could have one who would you take.

Kitsy

Jul 15, 2011
Is Burmistov first line center material? I have yet to see him play and have a hard time finding anything regarding his ceiling.

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007
Granlund and Johansen would be above Burmistrov in terms of offensive production, but neither of those two would approach the defensive game of Burmistrov.

Mr Lahey*

I've only seen Johansen and Burmistrov live on several occassions, so I won't include Granlund, but I think Burmistrov will be the better player in 5 years.

Mr Lahey*

Granlund and Johansen would be above Burmistrov in terms of offensive production, but neither of those two would approach the defensive game of Burmistrov.

I'm not sure I agree with this: I think Burmistrov will be a better offensive player than both. I think he has better tools. That's not a shot at Johansen either, I really like his game, and I do think it will translate nicely to the NHL.

BOS77

Jul 17, 2011
Nova Scotia
burmistrov should see a good amount of ice time this year second line i would think.what about the other 2 granlund has a year on his contract yet i think,is johansen ready yet and if so is there a roster spot for him this year.
thanks for the info.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I haven't seen too much Granlund, but have seen an OK amount of Burmistrov and Johansen. Personally I'm highest on Johansen, think he's gonna be a really good 2-way C in the NHL, but obviously it's a bit early to say. Granlund is super talented with the puck, and you have to love his compete level, but he's quite undersized (especially if people are projecting him as a C), and and not as blazingly fast as many other NHL midgets, I'm not quite as high on him as some other people are. I think he's got 1st line potential, but not as sure he'll reach it as I am that Johansen will.

Johansen has a really great, well rounded game, he's got great size, high end puck skills/hands, real good hockey IQ/vision. Could stand to bulk up a bit, could be a bit more physical, and more of a good than great skater, but for the most part I just love his game and have been very impressed by him. I like the Spezza comparisons, and I really think the Jackets are gonna be set at C for a long, long time with the Johansen/Carter combo. Not sure there is a single drafted prospect who I like significantly more than Johansen.

Last edited:

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
Granlunds skating looked really good at prospect camp. Not a major concern to me anymore. And shiftiness is the name of his game. He didn't have problems in whc against nhl players. As he gets stronger, I see him being the best out of the three.. maybe Johanson

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think Johansen is a notch above in my books right now. But it's tough to say all that much when we haven't seen him playing against men like we have with the other two. I think the ceiling is higher there, but which of the 3 actually reaches their ceiling is another matter entirely.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I think it's almost impossible to know at this stage, because all 3 players possess certain traits that are elite. It's reasonable to say all 3 could be NHL stars because they all have some part of their skillsets which can be defined as very high end.

Johansen would seem the same safe choice. He seems to have less flaws (Size being one) than the other two. Whilst he has undeniably Offensive skills, his overall game is also very enticing. The other two seem to have an issue here or there that Johansen does not. Granlund isn't the biggest guy in the world and his speed has been questioned. Burmistrov also has the size problem and it's difficult to know whether he will truely be able to handle the physical grind of the NHL on a daily basis.

On the other hand, both Burmistrov and Granlund have special qualities. Especially Granlund ; his stick work and IQ are special. His stats are incredible and in historic terms for U-20 Finnish players, he's nearly untouchable. Players with his type of vision don't fail very often IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad