Sportsnet: Burke says outscoring your opponent is "Beer League" really likes Campbell/Clifford trade.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You guys really need more evidence that the Dubas model isn't working? How many more years to we need to regress before you guys get it? He took this team from a franchise points record when handed to him...to the nonsense we saw this year. Unacceptable.

Honestly, the best season to have wash away. Cause it was a train wreck. It's official it was Kerfoot for Kadri now. lirl
He tried to improve team. It failed. Rookies are going to make mistakes. I was hoping he traded Barrie for a pick but we did have injuries. and now he needs to realize Kerfoot is brutal and he needs to move him as a part of a package for a 3rd line PK centre who can forecheck. It is da old saying if u sit on your hands you are not going to get better. He at least tried. Kinda like when you get into a fight. Sometimes you are gonna lose and get knocked out. A big part of da fight is showing up. Too many are scared and we don't need those types either.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would it be a surprise to anyone if he doubles down and re-signs Barrie? (assuming the player is willing)

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
He tried to improve team. It failed. Rookies are going to make mistakes. I was hoping he traded Barrie for a pick but we did have injuries. and now he needs to realize Kerfoot is brutal and he needs to move him as a part of a package for a 3rd line PK centre who can forecheck. It is da old saying if u sit on your hands you are not going to get better. He at least tried. Kinda like when you get into a fight. Sometimes you are gonna lose and get knocked out. A big part of da fight is showing up. Too many are scared and we don't need those types either.
This isn't house league man. Tried......
So we should let him keep trying until he figures it out?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I said that you can't win with 4 players making 1/2 the cap. As you say a large bump in the cap is needed to allow Dubas to add to the core but we may not get that bump in the short term.

Not even large. 83m is all we need, more than that would be gravy.

Reactions: ToneDog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This isn't house league man. Tried......
So we should let him keep trying until he figures it out?
This is his year to get it right. If he doesn't and makes a bonehead move like resigning Barrie then he will be gone. But I think everyone knows we made a mistake including Dubie. I am not saying i know this for a fact because I don't. But I hear enough around team to believe that he realizes it. The biggest single issue in this offseason will be how he improves our defenders. If he truly want to get out GA from running around 3 per since Keefe took over to closer to 2.5 per then we need a much stronger defensive defense. Going with Muzzy Holl and then Rielly Dermy and then Sandin Lily is not going to cut it. It may work for da CAP but it won't achieve his goal.

Reactions: ToneDog

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You guys really need more evidence that the Dubas model isn't working? How many more years to we need to regress before you guys get it? He took this team from a franchise points record when handed to him...to the nonsense we saw this year. Unacceptable.

Honestly, the best season to have wash away. Cause it was a train wreck. It's official it was Kerfoot for Kadri now. lirl
LMAO!!!!

Yeah, sure, as long as you ignore the Babcock blip, and an awful run of injuries.

But nope, only Dubas.

The lights flicker dimly....

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
This is his year to get it right. If he doesn't and makes a bonehead move like resigning Barrie then he will be gone. But I think everyone knows we made a mistake including Dubie. I am not saying i know this for a fact because I don't. But I hear enough around team to believe that he realizes it. The biggest single issue in this offseason will be how he improves our defenders. If he truly want to get out GA from running around 3 per since Keefe took over to closer to 2.5 per then we need a much stronger defensive defense. Going with Muzzy Holl and then Rielly Dermy and then Sandin Lily is not going to cut it. It may work for da CAP but it won't achieve his goal.

Cap allowing I hope/ expect one of Tanev/Hamonic/De Melo/Braun/Gudas to be a Leaf. Round pegs..

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
It took him 2 years to figure out we need D? We've needed D for decades. And he made the blue line the worst it's been in a while. His plan last year went in the complete opposite direction of that. It was so obvious dumping Hainsey was gonna go bad for our top pair. Big Mac all over again. He doesn't even learn. MUH YOUTH! he doesn't understand balance it seems.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
LMAO!!!!

Yeah, sure, as long as you ignore the Babcock blip, and an awful run of injuries.

But nope, only Dubas.

Again....you guys never have any success to argue for your boy. Only excuses.

Maybe one day.... :) It's everyone else's fault right?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I don't think injuries or Babacock made him trade Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot. Did they wave Big Mac 2 years back too and make us lose a ton of points cause we had no backup? How bout letting Hainsey walk so we could get Barrie and oh...put Cody Ceci on the top pairing with Morgan who of course struggled mightily? Injuries and Babs do that too? :)

He destroyed the blue line last year. Made a meh D AWFUL.

ALL Kyle.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't think injuries or Babacock made him trade Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot. Did they wave Big Mac 2 years back too and make us lose a ton of points cause we had no backup? How bout letting Hainsey walk so we could get Barrie and oh...put Cody Ceci on the top pairing with Morgan who of course struggled mightily? Injuries and Babs do that too? :)

He destroyed the blue line last year. Made a meh D AWFUL.

ALL Kyle.

The Marleau and Z contracts handcuffed Dubas a bit last year. Good thing is that Barrie and Ceci are done here. Hopefully Dubas uses the cap space wisely and signs somebody that can improve our D. Rielly's return was refreshing. Too bad it was only for one game and now the season is all but going to be done. Not many want hockey in July and August. Cancel the season and start the new season in early to mid September.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
The Marleau and Z contracts handcuffed Dubas a bit last year. Good thing is that Barrie and Ceci are done here. Hopefully Dubas uses the cap space wisely and signs somebody that can improve our D. Rielly's return was refreshing. Too bad it was only for one game and now the season is all but going to be done. Not many want hockey in July and August. Cancel the season and start the new season in early to mid September.

Yeah, I don't see how the season isn't done. Saved Dubas imho. We missed he was gonna get canned.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It took him 2 years to figure out we need D? We've needed D for decades. And he made the blue line the worst it's been in a while. His plan last year went in the complete opposite direction of that. It was so obvious dumping Hainsey was gonna go bad for our top pair. Big Mac all over again. He doesn't even learn. MUH YOUTH! he doesn't understand balance it seems.
You may be right here but I think he has seen da light. Rookies like it or not have to go through a learning curve. and he has been through all of them. To me he could have used another 2-3 years under Lou. Lou would have helped on contracts. But it is spilt milk. We are here now. and we aren't that far off here. once we sign Mik then I can say i don't think we have ever had top 2 lines as strong as next season.
We have to fix the 3rd and 4th lines and we need a stronger defense.
Rielly Hamonic
Muzzy Dermy
Sandin Holl????

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Maybe one day.... :) It's everyone else's fault right?[/QUOTE]

Well, one could suggest it's more than one person/issue that is at fault for this "delay" in winning the cup. But some need a singular scapegoat to back what is essentially their own opinion.

Reactions: 4thline

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
You may be right here but I think he has seen da light. Rookies like it or not have to go through a learning curve. and he has been through all of them. To me he could have used another 2-3 years under Lou. Lou would have helped on contracts. But it is spilt milk. We are here now. and we aren't that far off here. once we sign Mik then I can say i don't think we have ever had top 2 lines as strong as next season.
Rielly Hamonic
Muzzy Dermy
Sandin Holl????

Lou had a 9+ months to get Nylander done and couldn't, and has lead the Isles straight into cap hell worse than ours.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Rielly Hamonic
Muzzy Dermy
Sandin Holl????
Lou has given out some of the most terrible contracts......not sure why he is deemed a contract god. Marleau should be a lesson for all. He paid $6.25 per for 3 seasons on a guy coming off a 45 point season at the age of 37. In what world is that a better contract than Nylander or Matthews?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Rielly Hamonic
Muzzy Dermy
Sandin Holl????
Sandin was easily the biggest bright spot for me this year. Kids a player.
Dermott has it I think but needs some mentorship. The Blue line needs a general. Reily isn't that dude imho.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Maybe one day.... :) It's everyone else's fault right?
Not my boy, but I'm not flickering, either.

Some feel the need to blame one person as if that person plays for the players too.

It's a combination of factors. Dubas isn't excused either.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

General......Manager....
A CEO can't tell the board it's his employee's fault they're doing bad. He's the one that hired them :)
Before it was 'he needs his team and coach' And now that we have seen that and it's worse than anything Babacock ever delivered.....its other people's fault? And you're still blaming Babs?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
LMAO!!!!

But nope, only Dubas.

What was the 'Babcock blip'?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Not my boy, but I'm not flickering, either.

Some feel the need to blame one person as if that person plays for the players too.

It's a combination of factors. Dubas isn't excused either.
That's fair. But man....he just doesn't learn. Waving Big Mac hurt us for 2 years. Imagine having your backup booted from the room a week out the playoffs......Bled points this year. Doesn't insulate Kadri AGAIN (Babs also at fault for this sitting Martin) and Boston takes advantage again. Which makes Dubas pulls the trigger on a trade we never needed. Lets Hainsey walk to accommodate the Kadri trade salaries and decides he'll replace a successful top pairing veteran with Cody f***ing Ceci.

I'm sorry....but all that tells me he doesn't have a clue. Every move he makes is a disaster from the minute it happens. Just so predictably bad.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Leafs were starting to get healthy just before this shut down. Only the dimmest of the dim could say that it is 100% on the GM. Injury after injury, coaching change, and all the other ups and downs......and they are in the same place they ended last season, with only the leagues #1 and #3 teams ahead of them.

But sure, total failure.....fire Dubas. o_O

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->