Sportsnet: Burke says outscoring your opponent is "Beer League" really likes Campbell/Clifford trade.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
We were talking about Nelson, not Lee. Stop trying to BS like always.

You were dead wrong about Nelson with your doom and gloom assessment of his UFA contract.

He nearly eclipsed Nylander in points this year while playing a premium position.

I know you think you're a professional student of hockey, but sorry, once again you were professionally dead wrong.

*you* were talking about Nelson.

And while i admit im flattered you apparently pay very close attention to my posting history, I cant recall ever making a thread or strong position on Brock Nelson vs Nylander lol, but early days on that contract one way or the other. Imo id still prefer the guy whose over half a decade younger.

This strange exchange is going beyond Burkes comments on Clifford.....

Edit:typos

Reactions: Rocker13 and kb

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
And also remember, fudging numbers doesn't do the Leafs any favors either.

The top 7 Leafs players next year: $56.10 million
The top 7 Isles players next year: $40.5 million

Tell me what good you're doing comparing the caphits of the top 4 Leafs versus the top 7 Islanders players? :laugh:

Look who the Isles are paying to use that cap space, versus who the Leafs are paying .. There's your answer

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Its crazy this is even a debate. I think thats also being a bit low in Barzal too. Fun game with the Isles is guessing how many of those 2nd and 3rd tier guys Lous replacement will have to buyout

It's not a debate. A countering reply to that post is conspicuously absent from this conversation.

Reactions: Menzinger and kb

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
When the best players in the world are being paid several million less across the board for higher terms, that's going to matter in the end.

Who are "the best players in the world" making several million dollars less?

Ignore that all you want Joey, but you'll be disappointed by the result in the end.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying, that wanting worse players, doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: Menzinger and kb

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I wonder how this discussion would be going if we missed the playoffs?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The Isles were going down in flames when the season stopped. 7 game losing streak I believe.

Amazing people are still trying to pimp Lou and his mediocre signings around here.

well, ok.. maybe not that amazing.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The Isles were going down in flames when the season stopped. 7 game losing streak I believe.

Amazing people are still trying to pimp Lou and his mediocre signings around here.

well, ok.. maybe not that amazing.

7 game losing streak and still just 1 point less than our Leafs... with 2 games in hand.

If that’s going down in flames.... were we already at the crash site?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
lou wasn't good as the gm. the leafs were still soft and bad defensively when he was at helm. he also didn't build a great team even though he had the big 3 on his elc.

Reactions: kb

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
lou wasn't good as the gm. the leafs were still soft and bad defensively when he was at helm. he also didn't build a great team even though he had the big 3 on his elc.
But he got us a much better option at 1G for a very reasonable price, and the deal has looked better with time.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
But he got us a much better option at 1G for a very reasonable price, and the deal has looked better with time.
dubas didn't get an option for a 1G and the deal will probably look worse for us in the future. sam steel projects to be a 1C and he might reach that status if/when andersen won't be a leaf past 2021.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
dubas didn't get an option for a 1G and the deal will probably look worse for us in the future. sam steel projects to be a 1C and he might reach that status if/when andersen won't be a leaf past 2021.
So you're really going to attempt to argue holding onto the #30th overall draft pick would have been better than a #1G that took a 30th place team to the playoffs? Really?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So you're really going to attempt to argue holding onto the #30th overall draft pick would have been better than a #1G that took a 30th place team to the playoffs? Really?
no, i'm not because that's not true. what i said was that the deal will look worse over the future (from here on out) because sam steel will be a 1C and andersen might not even be a leaf in 2021

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
no, i'm not because that's not true. what i said was that the deal will look worse over the future (from here on out) because sam steel will be a 1C and andersen might not even be a leaf in 2021
The deal looks better and better, because Freddy is the best goalie we've had since Beflour. And only cost us the 30th pick, shouldn't really matter if the Ducks hit on it, because many other teams could have taken Steel and chose not to.

Should also be considering getting the best player in the draft made LL more comfortable giving away the late first. Also, we'll see if steel "will become a 1C", as his career high is 22 points rn... and Dylan Strome is a MUCH better player, who they are saying will never be more than a 2C on the main board lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad