Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky to Colorado for COL 2nd and ARIZ 3rd (both 2020) and Scott Kosmachuk

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
By this logic, Adam Oates was essential to the Stanley Cup. Nor should the "I hate GMGM crowd" ever complain, because apparently every move he made or didn't make is essential to the Cup.
Certainly, Adam Oates made everything to decrease Caps chances to win SC, but they are still chances, nothing guaranteed. Ppl always speculate about chances of certain team to win it all, but the end of playoffs stops all talk and set values to the trades the team made. All playoffs teams have chances around 10% and more chances you get is better, but it's still a lottery, 8% can win, and 12% can lose. 12% team has made right moves at deadline (fans were happy), and 8% team missed to get a big player on the market (fans hated GM). In this case, which moves were right?

Reactions: kicksavedave

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
By this logic, Adam Oates was essential to the Stanley Cup. Nor should the "I hate GMGM crowd" ever complain, because apparently every move he made or didn't make is essential to the Cup.

Oates for all his wrong helped get Ovy back on track. McPhee helped build the foundation of this team, so yeah, they all f***ing contributed.

next?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Has anyone tracked the ultimate yield of the Stevens exit? I know it went as far as Mike Green.
1991 1st - Trevor Halverson
1992 1st - Sergei Gonchar => Shaone Morrrrissssonnn, 1st 2004, 2nd 2004 => Jeff Schultz, Michail Yunkov
1993 1st - Brendan Witt => Kris Beech, 1st 2006 => Semyon Varlamov => Filip Forsberg => Martin Erat + Michael Latta :(
1994 1st - Alexander Kharlamov
1995 1st - Miika Elomo

So I was wrong about Green, it was the other 2004 first round defensman. :thumbd:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
1991 1st - Trevor Halverson
1992 1st - Sergei Gonchar => Shaone Morrrrissssonnn, 1st 2004, 2nd 2004 => Jeff Schultz, Michail Yunkov
1993 1st - Brendan Witt => Kris Beech, 1st 2006 => Semyon Varlamov => Filip Forsberg => Martin Erat + Michael Latta :(
1994 1st - Alexander Kharlamov
1995 1st - Miika Elomo

So I was wrong about Green, it was the other 2004 first round defensman. :thumbd:
Wow. That's a tale of misery right there.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Super soft from missing a game... wow

Relax, most fans here liked Bura and all hope he succeeds there, but he did have a history of softness, injuries and taking half a season to recover any groove from them.

Legit, happy for his success with CO. But he's not an iron man by any stretch.

Edit, you also missed in another thread where I posted that he was back.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Looks like this was one of those trades that worked out for both teams.

Bura is proving to be a valuable add for our Avs, and you guys are rolling along just fine without him.

And you guys have some extra picks to use at the deadline.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looks like this was one of those trades that worked out for both teams.

Bura is proving to be a valuable add for our Avs, and you guys are rolling along just fine without him.

And you guys have some extra picks to use at the deadline.

pretty sure the Caps wont have the cap space to be shopping at the deadline. At the draft maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->