Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Burakovsky - Compher - Donskoi line was consistently dangerous last night, much more so than when Kadri has in the middle lately.

It's ironic because 95 & 72 were brought in to be the elusive second line wingers Colorado has been missing the last 2-3 seasons. And while they've produced like 2W's (for the most part), Kadri is quickly becoming the new Soderberg now that he's being flanked by Nieto and Calvert.

Kadri and Burakovsky make poor use of their linemates, and neither of them are talented enough to get away with on a consistent basis. This isn't a huge issue because i'd rather have players get the puck on net, but they still have poor chemistry together. The funny thing is I think Burakovsky - Soda - Donskoi line would have been a very good line with good chemistry. It kind of sucks that Soda was traded just as the team was getting over the hump, but at least Arizona is also a good team this year.

That was actually pretty poor asset management by Joe. If we had Soda we wouldn't have to worry about overpaying for a #3C at the deadline, and we could've rolled something like:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Nuke - Kadri - Donskoi
Burakovsky - Soda - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Jost

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Kadri and Burakovsky make poor use of their linemates, and neither of them are talented enough to get away with on a consistent basis. This isn't a huge issue because i'd rather have players get the puck on net, but they still have poor chemistry together. The funny thing is I think Burakovsky - Soda - Donskoi line would have been a very good line with good chemistry. It kind of sucks that Soda was traded just as the team was getting over the hump, but at least Arizona is also a good team this year.

That was actually pretty poor asset management by Joe. If we had Soda we wouldn't have to worry about overpaying for a #3C at the deadline, and we could've rolled something like:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Nuke - Kadri - Donskoi
Burakovsky - Soda - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Jost

I think Soderberg would still be with the Avalanche if he weren’t so god awful in the playoffs - both last year and throughout his career.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Burakovsky - Compher - Donskoi line was consistently dangerous last night, much more so than when Kadri has in the middle lately.

It's ironic because 95 & 72 were brought in to be the elusive second line wingers Colorado has been missing the last 2-3 seasons. And while they've produced like 2W's (for the most part), Kadri is quickly becoming the new Soderberg now that he's being flanked by Nieto and Calvert.

That's because they played against a level of competition they could handle. Pretty simple IMO.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think Soderberg would still be with the Avalanche if he weren’t so god awful in the playoffs - both last year and throughout his career.
and I think they traded Soda to make room for Jost at C.

Reactions: shadow1

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the plan when they traded Soda was to run with MacK-Jost-Compher-PEB down the middle with Bread finding a way to make Jost passable. Since Bread went elsewhere, Sakic had a plan B to go after Kadri with Jost as the #2LW or worst case #3C. Where Compher may rotate around. Compher was more destined to the #3C role than Jost. Really both as massive failures to evaluate their players... Jost isn't even close to a top 6 wing and maybe not a wing in general. Compher while he can play center, he's better on the wing. Saying that though, Compher has shown if you give him some legit talent on the wing, he can make an impact at center. Maybe Bread-Compher-Burkie wouldn't have ended up such a bad 2nd line.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Jost went from top 6 winger to 3rd liner to 4th liner to sitting for Tyler Toffoli in less than half a year. It's a shame because he was beginning to bud as a power forward

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think the plan when they traded Soda was to run with MacK-Jost-Compher-PEB down the middle with Bread finding a way to make Jost passable. Since Bread went elsewhere, Sakic had a plan B to go after Kadri with Jost as the #2LW or worst case #3C. Where Compher may rotate around. Compher was more destined to the #3C role than Jost. Really both as massive failures to evaluate their players... Jost isn't even close to a top 6 wing and maybe not a wing in general. Compher while he can play center, he's better on the wing. Saying that though, Compher has shown if you give him some legit talent on the wing, he can make an impact at center. Maybe Bread-Compher-Burkie wouldn't have ended up such a bad 2nd line.

This makes me very conflicted on if I'd still want Bread in that case. o_O

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure I agree, Barrie was always a goner. Avs simply didn't want to negotiate with him any more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure I agree, Barrie was always a goner. Avs simply didn't want to negotiate with him any more.

Barrie probably would have been an own rental in that situation, but I didn’t say a thing about Barrie in that post. ;)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Barrie probably would have been an own rental in that situation, but I didn’t say a thing about Barrie in that post. ;)
That's a fair point, however, you bring up Kadri in your post after mentioning Breadman and Leafs were not going to trade him for anything less than a Barrie or equivalent player, most notably a defender. That's why I brought up Barrie and I get what you're saying, but Sakic's plan B on Panarin was sadly Burakovsky.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's a fair point, however, you bring up Kadri in your post after mentioning Breadman and Leafs were not going to trade him for anything less than a Barrie or equivalent player, most notably a defender. That's why I brought up Barrie and I get what you're saying, but Sakic's plan B on Panarin was sadly Burakovsky.

Man.. Panarin would be a really damn good winger for Kadri stylistically.

There really isn't much in the way of creative wingers available right now either.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I think Burkie was destined to be here for a while. Avs had been rumored on him for a season plus at that point.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Do we even know if Wilson exists on this timeline?
Screenshot_20200110-193218_Chrome.jpg

We'll never know if we can't get our shit together.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I knew we'd see him drop off eventually, but holy cow does he ever go cold when he does. For a guy with such a good shot, I don't understand why he refuses to use it. He's absolutely the type of guy who could score 25-30 consistently if he'd just shoot the puck.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I didn't really want him but Hall was probably the best winger for Kadri.

In hindsight, I kind of want Hall now. :oops:

I still wonder if Sakic might go after him as a UFA, but like he did with Panarin offer a shorter deal. Probably won't get him, but I bet he'll try. Unless they find another trade, or go expensive on the 3C like JGP.

I hadn't really thought of Hall as someone who creates a lot for his linemates though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hall is pretty similar to Kadri in that he creates a lot of things on his own but doesn't really make much use of his linemates. I'm not sure they would be great fits on a line together. Hall is certainly more talented than Kadri and can create more with his individual efforts, but neither would really elevate the other most likely.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hall is pretty similar to Kadri in that he creates a lot of things on his own but doesn't really make much use of his linemates. I'm not sure they would be great fits on a line together. Hall is certainly more talented than Kadri and can create more with his individual efforts, but neither would really elevate the other most likely.

That's kind of how I viewed Hall, but haven't paid much attention to him in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad