TSN: Burakovsky almost went to the Habs

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Interesting how recent play will change a team's fan base view of a player. Not long ago Devils fans just wanted Marcus Johansson gone and would be happy for whatever they could get. Now after some recent success they believe he warrants at least a second round pick if not a first or they would prefer to just hold on to him. Same with Burakovsky, the third line consisting of him Eller and Connolly have played much better of late and has started to produce again offensively. Caps fans are not so sure now that it would benefit moving Burakovsky at this time as in the last 7 games he's had a goal and 4 assists. Seems his game is starting to pick up.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It goes to show how much management and coaching like Lehky.

Maybe it’s because I don’t think much of Bura at this point especially given his contract QO which may very well render him an UFA this summer but I’m not sure the takeaway from “Habs considered Lehkonen for Bura but backed out in the end” is a ringing endorsement to the unavailability or super high value of Lehkonen.

I agree Lehkonen is better but I mean it’s not like they turned down Lehkonen for somebody good. Or maybe I’m just underrating Burakovsky but he seems like a project at this point.

Anyways, yes the Habs are better off with Lehkonen, agreed there.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Which is fine because the Habs have no need to move Lehks. Habs fans around here complain about him being an offensive black-hole, but they complain about every player not essentially being a different player. He's had no offensive luck, that's for sure, but he's still solid defensively, can forecheck, skate hard, take a beating and get back up easily, a great third liner at this point. He does everything right except get his sweet shot off or have any offensive luck and is still pretty young. My $0.02.

I prefer lehkonen over Bura. The offensive black hole lehkonen has 24 points this year compared to 17 for Bura. he is one of the habs better 200 ft forwards. I don't mind trading him in a package but straight up he is worth more than bura at this point.

Reactions: McTusk

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I prefer lehkonen over Bura. The offensive black hole lehkonen has 24 points this year compared to 17 for Bura. he is one of the habs better 200 ft forwards. I don't mind trading him in a package but straight up he is worth more than bura at this point.

I don't like Lehkonen this season, but he plays with intensity and is a leader of the team, so I guess we should keep him over André, but I'd like André to play on the right side of Domi and Tatar. There must be a way.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I heard it on TSN 690 this morning from Dreger, this is old news. The teams talked months ago about this trade and basically the cost to aquire Burakovsky was Lehkonen and Habs backed off. No new news here.

Montreal may look back into this.

However his QO sucks.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Wonder if the Caps would have any interest for a guy like Hudon
Him and a later round pick might be good value for both teams unless a team out there is willing to overpay for Bura

There is a world of difference between Lehkonen and Hudon. I think there is less than zero chance the Capitals would trade Burakovsky for a package built around Hudon. Hudon isn't an NHL player and has no value.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
I would do it, but kinda feel like it's a low blow trading Finnish player for a younger Finnish player.

My 2 cents is that MB would refuse this trade because Lehky proved way more than Pulju did.
only reason to trade is because of his draft rank
Don't really understand how them both being Finnish would be a comparative in the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->