Movies: Bumblebee (December 21, 2018)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is this part of the Transformers movie storyline? If so, would I need to watch any of the past movies to watch this one? I've only watched the first two and I decided I needed a lifetime break from Michael Bay. But then I saw the latest trailer and looked really good while also including Soundwave and Shockwave as characters.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I just came back from seeing it.

I don't normally complain about these things, but my god it was a terrible movie with so many plot holes. THAT SAID, it is very much a kids movie and my nephew and niece loved it. Overall, I'd say it's still better than the Michael Bay movies (that I didn't give up on) and the 3 minutes of the war on Cybertron was worth it. Even the G1 Decepticon voices sounded like the original cartoons (but aren't the same voice actors).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Saw this on Friday with my buddy. Both used to watch the show in the 90's and both had the original G1 Optimus Prime and others. Definitely the best Transformers movie. 8½/10. Some pacing issues and a couple of slow moments bringing the score down from a 9. The music... :yo The ending also pretty much confirmed this as a reboot.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just saw this finally now over two years after release. As a kid who spent most of his formative years in the 80s Transformers we’re amongst my favorite toys and cartoons if not my favorite. I gave the Bayverse movies about a one and a half film chance before I stopped watching them. I would’ve never even bothered with this headache not heard someone say it was better than those. This film is definitely not perfect and I thought it lost some of its steam in the middle, but overall as a standalone I have to say it was a worthwhile Transformers piece. I thought the film was fun, it had some good emotion, wasn’t too campy and I loved the 80s soundtrack which wasn’t only just 80s but good 80s. Probably my biggest gripe was the performance of John Cena as I felt he definitely overplayed his part. Hopefully they do not make a sequel to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->