News Article: Bullying and backstabbing: the Ottawa Senators are pro sport's biggest mess

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No, we didn't, he takes home $1.4M more in NSH: Matt Duchene Income Tax Calculator Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Please provide a source for where Karlsson told the team he wasn't sticking around.

Oh right taxes, lol where did Duche buy a house and where did everyone say he was going? It’s almost like he planned ahead of time.
Karlsson strait up said I havnt talked with them since December, the ownership said he wouldn’t respond to contract negotiations, they both backed the same thing.
If players are going to demand more for taxes does that give smaller tax teams the right to demand players take less?
I guess it only goes one way, more money for players no matter what.
You can’t blame the sens if guys want to live in tax free states,but having to pay 3 extra million a year for taxes and 3 extra a year from currency exchange is not going to be a good thing going forward

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Oh right taxes, lol where did Duche buy a house and where did everyone say he was going?
Rumours to Montreal were more prevalent than Nashville.

Duchene also bought a house in Nashville in early 2018, as an investment property with no intention of living in it, why didn't you mention that as well?

Karlsson strait up said I havnt talked with them since December, the ownership said he wouldn’t respond to contract negotiations, they both backed the same thing.
Neither of these comments validate your claim. Please provide a source for where Karlsson told the team he wasn't sticking around, as you have claimed.
If players are going to demand more for taxes does that give smaller tax teams the right to demand players take less?
I don't even understand this question, players have agents and accountants, the player nor the agent are oblivious to the fact they will make more money in certain jurisdictions.
You can’t blame the sens if guys want to live in tax free states,but having to pay 3 extra million a year for taxes and 3 extra a year from currency exchange is not going to be a good thing going forward
The number was 1.4, not 3. Canadian teams pay in USD, there is no 3 extra a year from currency exchange.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Rumours to Montreal were more prevalent than Nashville.

Duchene also bought a house in Nashville in early 2018, as an investment property with no intention of living in it, why didn't you mention that as well?

Neither of these comments validate your claim. Please provide a source for where Karlsson told the team he wasn't sticking around, as you have claimed.

I don't even understand this question, players have agents and accountants, the player nor the agent are oblivious to the fact they will make more money in certain jurisdictions.

The number was 1.4, not 3. Canadian teams pay in USD, there is no 3 extra a year from currency exchange.

So he has no intention of living in a house he bought and I guess he had no intention of playing for the team he is playing for, the team everyone said he wanted to play for? Lol sure.
I claimed he refused to negotiate with the sens, both he and management said he didnt talk to them. Nothing states otherwise other than your feelings. At least I am saying what both parties stated.What are you going off?
Canadian teams earn Canadian dollars, what do you think happens during conversion to USD?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So he has no intention of living in a house he bought and I guess he had no intention of playing for the team he is playing for, the team everyone said he wanted to play for? Lol sure.
?
Why dont you for once take the time to actually read, and understand, a post, before replying with a bunch of irrelevant deflections?

supsens said:
I claimed he refused to negotiate with the sens, both he and management said he didnt talk to them. Nothing states otherwise other than your feelings. At least I am saying what both parties stated.What are you going off?
This is your claim: "Karlsson ignored talks and let the team know he wasn’t sticking around."
I am going off the fact that this was never stated, and you made it up.
supsens said:
Canadian teams earn Canadian dollars, what do you think happens during conversion to USD
This has nothing to do with what players are paid. Your reply makes literally no sense to your argument: "but having to pay 3 extra million a year for taxes and 3 extra a year from currency exchange ".
There is no magical extra 6 million, the tax difference was 1.4, and the currency exchange difference between jurisdictions paid to the player is $0.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Cool please explain why it was widley reported he wanted nto play in Nashville ? And then of all places thats where he went?
Do you understand in order to earn 1.4 million take home your looking at 2.8 ish in pay?
And I guess if you cant understand spending canadian money on American money costs you exchange rate... What can be said?
In Nashville 8 million dollars in ticket sales = 8 million for a player in Canada they have to earn 10.5 just to convert it to 8
My numbers were not exact but im sure you can figure out how it worls.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why dont you for once take the time to actually read, and understand, a post, before replying with a bunch of irrelevant deflections?

This is your claim: "Karlsson ignored talks and let the team know he wasn’t sticking around."
I am going off the fact that this was never stated, and you made it up.

This has nothing to do with what players are paid. Your reply makes literally no sense to your argument: "but having to pay 3 extra million a year for taxes and 3 extra a year from currency exchange ".
There is no magical extra 6 million, the tax difference was 1.4, and the currency exchange difference between jurisdictions paid to the player is $0.

Dean Brown finds out he bought a house in Nashville and asked him about it. As not to whip up the fanbase and media he says it is just an investment air b&b. Everyone shares a sign of relief and goes on thinking an extension is around the corner. Meanwhile his agent and him are working behind the scenes to make sure everything will transition smoothy.

Seems plausible.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Dean Brown finds out he bought a house in Nashville and asked him about it. As not to whip up the fanbase and media he says it is just an investment air b&b. Everyone shares a sign of relief and goes on thinking an extension is around the corner. Meanwhile his agent and him are working behind the scenes to make sure everything will transition smoothy.

Seems plausible.

I can't seem to find anything confirming this, but I thought it was a $300k place and the people in the tweet seem to be saying it's a 1200 square foot townhouse. Basically, there's no way Duchene is actually going to live in it if that's what is being implied. But to think he didn't have his eyes set on Nashville as his destination when purchasing this investment would be a little naive.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I can't seem to find anything confirming this, but I thought it was a $300k place and the people in the tweet seem to be saying it's a 1200 square foot townhouse. Basically, there's no way Duchene is actually going to live in it if that's what is being implied. But to think he didn't have his eyes set on Nashville as his destination when purchasing this investment would be a little naive.

1500 sq feet if i found the right place:
https://www.redfin.com/TN/Nashville/70-Fern-Ave-37207/home/60679194

Reactions: SPF6ty9

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Canadian teams earn Canadian dollars, what do you think happens during conversion to USD?
If he refused to negotiate, as you now claim, why wasn't he traded much earlier and why were we continually told by management that things were progressing?? Were they lying to the fanbase again??

Crazy thing is that if Dorion got off his butt and shipped him out earlier maybe the return would have been better.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If he refused to negotiate, as you now claim, why wasn't he traded much earlier and why were we continually told by management that things were progressing?? Were they lying to the fanbase again??

Crazy thing is that if Dorion got off his butt and shipped him out earlier maybe the return would have been better.
After the uber video came out it was clear Duchene had no intension of sticking around. Dohrion was trying to save face the rest of the way.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Like how Kawhi Leonard bought a house in southern California but was still considering resigning with Toronto.

Reactions: SPF6ty9

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Could it be he was the liar in this case. Hey you bought a house in Nashville are you moving there? No
Moves to Nashville.
Dorion is somehow the liar? Lol nice

The Karlsson

Hey I heard the Hershey factory offered you a job
“I don’t know I havn’t talked to them they probably would have paid me in candy bars.”
So I guess it’s now fact they tried to pay him with candy yes?

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The entire board should ignore and disengage. There's zero interest in any kind of genuine debate or behaving ammicably with peers.

This is the problem and the garbage that many people already discussed..
Hey everyone ignore the guy I disagree with....
Lol even tho he is wrong. And was shown to be wrong

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
This is the problem and the garbage that many people already discussed..
Hey everyone ignore the guy I disagree with....
Lol even tho he is wrong. And was shown to be wrong
Your claim about Karlsson was unable to be verified, you played yourself.

Your understanding of what CapFriendly is displaying with the tax tool is wrong, your understanding of exchange rates for NHL salaries is wrong.

I didn't make any claims with Duchene, other than showing that your argument isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

Do better.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Instead of posting more deflections you could just be an adult and admit you were wrong, posted a bunch of math that was wrong, and made claims that have been proven wrong.

1.4 how much does he have to be given before taxes to make 1.4 million?
If I’m so wrong

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The entire board should ignore and disengage. There's zero interest in any kind of genuine debate or behaving ammicably with peers.

I like to eventually just give up and agree with them.

Yes Supsens Duchene is a liar, Karlsson and Stone refused to negotiate, the locker room is full of cancers and now they are all gone, and the Ottawa Senators are rising to levels of success we have never seen before. :D

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I like to eventually just give up and agree with them.

Yes Supsens Duchene is a liar, Karlsson and Stone refused to negotiate, the locker room is full of cancers and now they are all gone, and the Ottawa Senators are rising to levels of success we have never seen before. :D

I said Karlsson said he never spoke to them and didn’t mention Stone, but yes Duchene lied about it.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well it’s good our organization is chalked full of character both on the ice and in the offices now the riff raft is gone. Exciting times are ahead.

Cool but everyone has to push some story to try to blame someone else because Duchene wanted to go cowboy.
I am not sure how you confuse that with ‘it’s good’ or an agrument it’s good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad