Building the Leafs Defense

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We have one specific need: top 4 rhd.

Everything else is accounted for and we have depth coming up to replace players as needed.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
We have one specific need: top 4 rhd.

Everything else is accounted for and we have depth coming up to replace players as needed.

We need better talent on blueline not just a top4 rhd
A competent #2 goalie
2 Big forwards to replace Bozak & eventually JVR

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rielly = good #1
Jake = good #2
Zaitsev = good #3

the rest is easy

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Must wait until after expansion draft. Do you protect 7 forwards/3 D-men/1 goaltender or 8 skaters and 1 goaltender? Think right now the Leafs exposure comes down to Marincin? If other teams are facing losing a good player, they could be trading that player to Toronto for a player and a draft pick. The team realising they'll lose the player, but at least they'll have a draft pick instead of losing their better player for nothing. Or the Leafs could trade someone like Soshnikov who might not need to be protected for a player the Leafs can. It could be a very interesting trade deadline. Building the blueline right now though would be a mistake.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We need better talent on blueline not just a top4 rhd
A competent #2 goalie
2 Big forwards to replace Bozak & eventually JVR

We have prospects coming on the blue line.

Bibeau

Kapanen; Bozak isn't a big forward.

We can always re-sign those of whom we can't replace.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nielsen ranks right there with Dermott as quality defense depth. Its not instand gratification with them two but a writer can't just choose to ignore Nielsen. They can't just dismiss Shattenkirk either. Shattenkirk would be our best quaterback on the powerplay because of his vision and playmaking smarts.

Alzner would be a good veteran leader on the back end though i agree. Polak and Hunwicks spots are there for improvement. Its impossible to know what moves arepossible unless you are the General Managers. They could find another derensive gem out of Russia too.

I would not be surprised if they exploit another building inefficiency out of nowhere from Europe one little bit. I wonder who the best defensive defenseman in Russia is that will be free to negotiate with actually.

Is anyone up to speed on free agency from Khl players. I don't know where i could access that info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad