Proposal: Building for 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Basically the surgery is one that no active player has had and has come back from. The doctors think he could get by with physical therapy to rehab. Eichel and his doctor want the surgery.

It wouldn't be the first time a player has had a surgery that was once seen as career ending only to come back and be fine.

Thank you!

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Basically the surgery is one that no active player has had and has come back from. The doctors think he could get by with physical therapy to rehab. Eichel and his doctor want the surgery.

It wouldn't be the first time a player has had a surgery that was once seen as career ending only to come back and be fine.
just to clarify, are you saying guys have had it and it was a failure or no one has ever had it in the nhl?

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
just to clarify, are you saying guys have had it and it was a failure or no one has ever had it in the nhl?

No one has ever had it in the NHL. Some MMA guys have had it (I believe Chris Weidman is one), but no hockey players.

There are some fans who believe this is Eichel’s way of gaining some leverage to force a trade, and once he gets out, he’ll forget the surgery demand and say “it was about trust.” I’m not sure if that’s true; there’s a lot of smoke around this situation as both sides are posturing.

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
While I agree that is value is lower than if he had just come off a 30-40 goal pace I worry he may not improve his value much with CBJ's lack of playmakers and god awful power play. I'd trade him for the right (or even good) return.

So much depends on the next few months... can you get a playmaker to pair with Laine? Will the new coach have a vision for his usage? I would try to set him up for success this year before looking to move him.

Reactions: CBJx614

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So much depends on the next few months... can you get a playmaker to pair with Laine? Will the new coach have a vision for his usage? I would try to set him up for success this year before looking to move him.

I see you are new here. Unless we get one via trade it ain't gonna happen. Maybe Tex or Roslovic suddenly become playmakers extraordinaire but I doubt it.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Detroit says hello
Yeah , but our bad luck is destined to change , and with the formula tweaked this year , it pretty much fell in line with how teams finished . Buffalo , for example gets the #1 pick. We do this right , get a top 3 next yr , with the picks / prospects from Jones , Laine , Werenski , plus the 3 firsts this year , you could turn it around really quick , especially with Marchenko , Voronkov, and Chinakov added to the mix

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Buffalo is trading Eichel because of his neck issues isn't that a big red flag? I get they are pissed off at each other but yikes. Hopefully it lowers whatever the cost to acquire him is if CBJ are in the mix.

It goes far beyond that.

It’s a trust issue, it’s about being on the worst team throughout his career, it’s about the complete mess

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
I see you are new here. Unless we get one via trade it ain't gonna happen. Maybe Tex or Roslovic suddenly become playmakers extraordinaire but I doubt it.

That’s what I mean. Via trade or FA. The answer is not currently in-house. If the front office does nothing at center this off-season, it will be very disappointing.

(New to posting on hfboards but lifetime Sabre fan and 5 year CBJ fan since moving to Cbus. I follow and root for both teams now. Cheers)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yup, tank and make sure you get a top 3 pick . That should be the #1 goal.. anything else we are simply wasting time

That all sounds fine to me...

... just make sure you get Werenski, Elvis, and Bjorkstrand to sign off on your losing plan. If our assets continue to jump over board then we're really just going backwards.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I will say untill the trade happens.

Seth Jones at 2.7M for teams best prospect.
Best teams build through draft, Chicago, LA, Boston, Tampa, Pens and Jarmo and company should draft their core and let them grow together

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
While I agree that is value is lower than if he had just come off a 30-40 goal pace I worry he may not improve his value much with CBJ's lack of playmakers and god awful power play. I'd trade him for the right (or even good) return.
He doesn't need a playmaker. It's a myth. But coaches want to use his shot that's why they try to move him to Patrik. Laine himself knows to feed partners excelent. IMHO it would be better if nobody looks for partner for him to show his all qualities.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Many here are slotting Bemstrom onto the 2nd line and even the top line based on the player you want him to be.that player isn’t who he currently is or has shown. I’m hopeful he grows into a reliable NHL player, but to me he’s still a guy who’s still a question mark,

Here’s my first prediction for the coming year. Assuming he signs, Gregory Hofman will outperform Bemstrom, Foudy, Tex and Chinakov this season.

Reactions: Xoggz22

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Many here are slotting Bemstrom onto the 2nd line and even the top line based on the player you want him to be.that player isn’t who he currently is or has shown. I’m hopeful he grows into a reliable NHL player, but to me he’s still a guy who’s still a question mark,

Here’s my first prediction for the coming year. Assuming he signs, Gregory Hofman will outperform Bemstrom, Foudy, Tex and Chinakov this season.

I had slotted him next to Roslovic on a couple mock lineups. It's not so much my faith in Bemstrom, though I do think he has some promise, it's that we have strong winger prospect depth and chances are someone can step up and play a complementary role on a higher line. If it's not Bemstrom, then it's likely that one of Hofmann, Chinakhov, Foudy, Tex, Angle, TFW, etc.. can step up and surprise. In other words it would be surprising if there were no surprises.

Reactions: thebus88

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was thinking about Jarmo reaching out to Jukka Jalonen or Erkka Westerlund from Finland but why would he want Gerard Gallant in that mix?

First the most urgent need: Coaching

- Hire Gallant as headcoach
- Hire Jukka Jalonen as 2nd

I expect this duo would get the most out of the players. Gallant is probably well-known here and need no explanations. Jalonen has a history of success with Finnish national team and also on other surfaces. He always gets the best out of an underdog and the teams usually play much better than its parts.

Second: Centers

- Throw 8M x 5yrs at UFA Krejci and see if it sticks
- Offer Granlund 4M x 3yrs

Both are playmakers that this team lacks. Granlund has actually played 2C this year in Nashville.

Third: Stay-at-home D

- Offer Jani Hakanpää 2M x 3Yrs

Fourth:

- Offer Laine 7,5M x 2yrs or trade him for other pieces.

Fifth:

- get contract extensions done with Werenski & Jones. If that is not likely to happen - trade atleast one for C-help

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I didn't save it but I read somewhere that Friedman has spoken and mentioned the Flyers.

I don't like trading him in the division but it does give more opportunities to boo him during the season.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad