Post-Game Talk: Building Brock

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Thoughts on the documentary ?

So unbelievably happpy to have this guy on our team not only for what he brings on the ice but his character and values off the ice.

Super loyal guy and I wouldnt be surprised one bit if he was a Canuck his whole career.

Loyalty- when he said he isnt leaving his Waterloo team until the season was finished eventhough the USA-U18 team wanted him for a spring tournament. That could have seriously jeopardized his exposure and USA hockey could have snubbed him out for future tournaments. Brock didnt care. Loyalty.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
For me, what really stood out was the way he spoke about the positive things he did.

It was very genuine. He didn’t do those things for his image or because people told him to do it.

He did them because it’s what he wanted to do. He’s a good person.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
It says a lot about his character that he didn't just take that girl to prom for the kudos, but actually keeps in contact with her and visits her whenever he's in town.

Just a stellar person and a great talent.
Earlier this year there was a photo of the two of them on twitter, and some random *sshat said some disrespectful things about her- Boeser straight up let the guy have it. Seemed legitimately upset.

Being as young and talented as he is, being such a good looking dude, and living in a hockey-crazed market- I think a lot of other people would let it go to their head. Says a lot about what kind of person he is that he doesn't seem to have changed at all.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
They've already replayed it once (I know this because I PVRed the wrong one and was surprised to see it not show up the evening I thought I was recording it), and it will eventually go online.

It was a short and sweet feature -- the material is mostly well-known to Canuck fans, but it was still enjoyable. Weird to see a lot of brief Canuck Dane Jackson, too, who was one of his UND coaches.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Boeser, Pettersson and Horvat all cut from the same cloth...oozing character, humbleness and talent. You have to be happy about the future of this team.
Character means something to me when it comes to young talent, so happy with these 3 so far....they will also compliment Hughes who wears his confidence proudly and has a swagger to his game.

We don't have all the pieces YET...but with this core the future is very bright.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
It plays again tonight (Thursday) just before the Predators game. Sportsnet Pacific.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I have an almost 4 year old son, whose favourite sports player (let alone hockey) is Brock Boeser. I'm extremely thankful that he will idolize a man with good character, loyal, and strong work ethic. Our kids look up to these players, and it's phenomenal that the Canucks have got a little stable of them growing. Kane and Marchand are examples of exactly what I don't want my kids imitating.

The fact that his shot is ridiculously lethal is all gravy.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Really cool feature.
Some nice footage and interviews we havent had privy to.
The core group that is forming is truly something to be proud of on and off the ice.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
We can thank Boston for Boeser, they went full Pejorative Slur at the draft and changed every teams draft order or else Winnipeg was about to draft him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad