Line Combos: Build your Habs 2018-19 line-up (4th line C)

Who should be the fourth line center ?

• Jacob De La Rose

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Byron Froese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael McCarron

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Matthew Peca

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Andrew Shaw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
With a fully healthy line-up.

Max Domi (46,3%) - Jonathan Drouin (60,7%) - Brendan Gallagher (90,5%)
Max Pacioretty (72,4%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Nikita Scherbak (50%)
Charles Hudon (42,6%) - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - Artturi Lehkonen (52,4%)
xxxx - ???? - xxxx

xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx

xxxx
xxxx

Extras : xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

1st call up (forward) : xxxx
2nd call up (forward) : xxxx
3rd call up (forward) : xxxx
1st call up (defenseman) : xxxx
2nd call up (defenseman) : xxxx
1st call up (goaltender) : xxxx

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Where do you put Byron?

I forgot about Armia too

Max Pacioretty (72,4%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia
Charles Hudon (42,6%) - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia
Shaw - Peca - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia

extras: DLR/Scherbak/McCarron/Deslauriers

But yea we definitely have too many players on our roster.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This team has too many players...

Gallagher, Armia, Scherback and Lekhonen on RW... You need to decide which one youre going to invest your future in... Scherback is a given, he's the most talented of the group, Gallagher is the best and still relatively young and a leader. Now they either tell Armia he's a LW or they ship out Lekhonen, which would probably be stupid. Theres no vision on this damn team...

Pacioretty-Hudon-Byron-Domi is too much too.. Hopefully they ship out Pac and Byron for futures.

Drouin-Danault-Peca-DLR-Plekanec

It's like every damn line has 4 3rd liners and one top 6 forward... Quantity over quality Marc... we got it.

Personally, I think DLR and Peca have some juice to be squeezed out of them at C, and what better way to squeeze it out than to give them prime minutes ? Worst case scenario, we lose more games, were not going to win any, in any case. Best case scenario, we get one big center with defensive ability and a small tenacious one. Plus it gives us Drouin at wing, which boosts his value too.

But no, lets play DLR on the 4th line wing and play Plekanec on the 2nd line and Drouin on the first :laugh:

Reactions: Redux91 and bsl

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Granted, this lineup sucks. But there is actually a decent amount of depth. Four lines that can skate and score.

A fourth of Byron-Peca-Shaw actually is really nice.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
This team has too many players...

Gallagher, Armia, Scherback and Lekhonen on RW... You need to decide which one youre going to invest your future in... Scherback is a given, he's the most talented of the group, Gallagher is the best and still relatively young and a leader. Now they either tell Armia he's a LW or they ship out Lekhonen, which would probably be stupid. Theres no vision on this damn team...

Pacioretty-Hudon-Byron-Domi is too much too.. Hopefully they ship out Pac and Byron for futures.

Drouin-Danault-Peca-DLR-Plekanec

It's like every damn line has 4 3rd liners and one top 6 forward... Quantity over quality Marc... we got it.

Personally, I think DLR and Peca have some juice to be squeezed out of them at C, and what better way to squeeze it out than to give them prime minutes ? Worst case scenario, we lose more games, were not going to win any, in any case. Best case scenario, we get one big center with defensive ability and a small tenacious one. Plus it gives us Drouin at wing, which boosts his value too.

But no, lets play DLR on the 4th line wing and play Plekanec on the 2nd line and Drouin on the first :laugh:

I hope they will be patient with Scherbak but I doubt it. Because our team is full of solid NHL 3rd liners it might be hard for Scherbak to break through.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I forgot about Armia too

Max Pacioretty (72,4%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia
Charles Hudon (42,6%) - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia
Shaw - Peca - Artturi Lehkonen/Paul Byron/Joel Armia

extras: DLR/Scherbak/McCarron/Deslauriers

But yea we definitely have too many players on our roster

I said it when we signed Peca. We have too many bodies. If Peca is here to take a kid's place then it's a bad move. MB will have to move players once the team is healthy (if it ever is cause Shaw might be done for the year).

On whichever team pays the highest for him :)

Petty much my opinion too.

Last edited:

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Granted, this lineup sucks. But there is actually a decent amount of depth. Four lines that can skate and score.

A fourth of Byron-Peca-Shaw actually is really nice.

They have a fantastic depth of wingers, they can ice at least 5 lines of winger combinations that are about 3rd line quality. Problem is that they have only one legit top nine natural center in the lineup in Danault. Not only is wingers the only thing this organization drafts and develops well, they keep trading their best assets for more wingers. MB's approach to grand strategy is like a bad 4X game AI, excessively focused on one element to the detriment to others and no coherent strategy for victory.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He should be trade bait- 1 year left on a huge value deal coming off back to back 20 goal seasons.

Personally i would not take the risk to wait at the deadline and get nothing if he injures himself. Once he's back at 100% and played a couple of games i would move him to the highest bidder. It's not like he's worth a king's ransom anyway no reason to wait for the deadline.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Personally i would not take the risk to wait at the deadline and get nothing if he injures himself. Once he's back at 100% and played a couple of games i would move him to the highest bidder. It's not like he's worth a king's ransom anyway no reason to wait for the deadline.

You just explained why we shouldn't trade Byron. He's not worth much on the trade market as a UFA. 3rd round pick maybe? I'm sure he can be re-signed for pretty cheap. He loves Montreal and wants to stay here. He's worth more to us than anything we could get in return. He's the perfect depth player.

The forward depth should solve itself differently. Pacioretty, Shaw and Plekanec won't be here for very long. Also I don't see Scherbak sticking for very long if he doesn't grab his opportunity to produce this season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You just explained why we shouldn't trade Byron. He's not worth much on the trade market as a UFA. 3rd round pick maybe? I'm sure he can be re-signed for pretty cheap. He loves Montreal and wants to stay here. He's worth more to us than anything we could get in return. He's the perfect depth player.

The forward depth should solve itself differently. Pacioretty, Shaw and Plekanec won't be here for very long. Also I don't see Scherbak sticking for very long if he doesn't grab his opportunity to produce this season.

And where the kids will play? We have already too many bodies. We need to improve cause those bodies are mostly all 3rd liners and middle six guys (including Byron). We will have to move some of them. Logically we will move the 30 years old ones like Patch and Byron (will be 30 next April) and we will keep the younger ones. Even if you move Patch and Plekanec and put Shaw on the LITR you still have too many bodies.

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Hudon-Denault-Lehkonen
Scherbak-Peca-Armia

All those guys are younger than Byron and outside of Peca and Scherbak already proved to be pretty much as good as him. I don't see any justification to play Byron over any of those guys in a rebuild. We need to try those guys listed before the next batch come in to be sure what we really have. Byron wont imrpove but Armia, Danault or Hudon could. Unlikely but still possible. I would take the 3rd round pick for Byron if it's the best offer.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
And where the kids will play? We have already too many bodies. We need to improve cause those bodies are mostly all 3rd liners and middle six guys (including Byron). We will have to move some of them. Logically we will move the 30 years old ones like Patch and Byron (will be 30 next April) and we will keep the younger ones. Even if you move Patch and Plekanec and put Shaw on the LITR you still have too many bodies.

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Hudon-Denault-Lehkonen
Scherbak-Peca-Armia

All those guys are younger than Byron and outside of Peca and Scherbak already proved to be pretty much as good as him. I don't see any justification to play Byron over any of those guys in a rebuild. We need to try those guys listed before the next batch come in to be sure what we really have. Byron wont imrpove but Armia, Danault or Hudon could. Unlikely but still possible. I would take the 3rd round pick for Byron if it's the best offer.

That's debatable. It's a case where I'd rather keep him, mostly because he's a player I like. But I wouldn't be upset if he's traded for futures.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Drouin - Danault - Gally
Domi - Peca - Armia
Byron - Pleky - Lehkonen
Hudon - DLR - Sherbak
DLo - Froese - Shaw

Let's be honest though, with the amount of juggling this line-up will see and go through... the Habs will look more like a circus act then a hockey team.

Reactions: ArtPeur

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Sorry to bump this, but there's 20 minutes left to vote and it's currently 30-30 between Peca and De La Rose.
Not sure what to do if it ends up even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->