Line Combos: Build your Habs 2018-19 line-up (3rd line LW)

Who should be the third line left winger ?

• Paul Byron

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Jacob De La Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nicolas Deslauriers

• Charles Hudon

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Matthew Peca

• Andrew Shaw

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
With a fully healthy line-up.

Max Domi (46,3%) - Jonathan Drouin (60,7%) - Brendan Gallagher (90,5%)
Max Pacioretty (72,4%) - Phillip Danault (81,8%) - Nikita Scherbak (50%)
???? - Tomas Plekanec (45%) - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx

xxxx
xxxx

Extras : xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

1st call up (forward) : xxxx
2nd call up (forward) : xxxx
3rd call up (forward) : xxxx
1st call up (defenseman) : xxxx
2nd call up (defenseman) : xxxx
1st call up (goaltender) : xxxx

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Never thought I'd say this but we're too deep on the wings, maybe not with high end talent but still deep nevertheless. Trading Pacioretty (for contract reasons) and Byron (probs at his highest value) would be beneficial imo.

Reactions: Mrb1p and SpezNc2

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Never thought I'd say this but we're too deep on the wings, maybe not with high end talent but still deep nevertheless. Trading Pacioretty (for contract reasons) and Byron (probs at his highest value) would be beneficial imo.

If the roster remains the same, there will be tough choices to make. 15 forwards with NHL contracts, and another (McCarron) who should probably be up there too. The injuries to Shaw and Byron will make the decisions easier at training camp, but then who's gonna pay the price? Scherba? Peca?

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Lekhonen.

People who vote Hudon, is it because you see Lekhonen at a RW or its because you really prefer Hudon over Lekhonen. I am curious. In the end all opinion are valid, there is no right or wrong but i am surprise to see hudon leading Lekhonen. Very surprise.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

rather than deep, we're just stupidly redundant on the wing. Hudon, Domi, Gallagher, Byron, Lehkonen... too much homogeneity

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Lekhonen.

People who vote Hudon, is it because you see Lekhonen at a RW or its because you really prefer Hudon over Lekhonen. I am curious. In the end all opinion are valid, there is no right or wrong but i am surprise to see hudon leading Lekhonen. Very surprise.

I do like Hudon better, especially for his offensive skills and instincts. I don't see the offensive flair in Lek that's gonna translate into lots of points. Wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 20 goals in a season, but also struggles to get more than 30 points.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
I didn't vote but i just have to say.. what a sh!tty lineup bergevin has build.

our #1 line is a 5'10 C with 2 5'9 wingers...

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Lekhonen.

Given the options I'd take Hudon-DLR-Lehkonen as my third line. I think Byron is better than Hudon but he fits better with the 4th line of Byron-Peca-Shaw.

Shit I forgot Plekanec, maybe DLR plays wing on the 4th line until Byron and Shaw are healthy

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'm thinking about excluding Byron, Shaw and Weber from the future polls, so only players who are available for the starting line-up can be picked. Should I?

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Lekhonen.

I'm not. What surprises me is went people put Hudon on the 4th line or forget to put him in at all!

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Why did Plekanec get most votes for 3c?
The idea of Hudon, Peca or even DLR there instead atleast has some kind of upside.

Also where's Armia.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Why did Plekanec get most votes for 3c?
The idea of Hudon, Peca or even DLR there instead atleast has some kind of upside.

Also where's Armia.

Would a line composed of Hudon/Lehkonen/Byron-Peca-Shaw/Armia/Lehkonen/Byron really qualify as a 4th line?

This team has too many bodies...

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Byron and Lehkonen are probably still ahead of Hudon on the depth chart.

Hudon could start there with Byron on IR, Lehks on the right, and Scherbak in the AHL. Still, it's pretty close.

LW: Domi, Drouin, Max, Lehkonen, Hudon, Byron, DLo, Rychel.

MB is quite the sharp-shooter.
8b.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->