Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (White's left winger)

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Time to pick the left winger on White's line!

FORWARDS

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
???? - White - ????
Extra : ????

DEFENSEMEN

???? - ????
???? - ????
???? - ????
Extra : ????

GOALERS

????
????

23rd player (forward or defense) : ????
--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goaler) : ????

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Lol at the people voting for Prust because they have an agenda against Moen. Although Prust is a RWer and Moen a LWer. **** logic.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I think we can almost skip this one and stick with the obvious choice: Brandon Prust.
Moen played once on the right last season, it was with Bourque and Halpern.
They were the fourth line and I think it was it's first game after coming back from his injury.

Point is Moen does not play right wing but Prust does.
Also would be nice to have Prust on the right to balance Briere, Gionta and Gallagher.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Lol at the people voting for Prust because they have an agenda against Moen. Although Prust is a RWer and Moen a LWer. **** logic.

Prust is a LW and has always been a LW. He was used at times last year at RW out of need, with Galchenyuk and Eller. Much like Moen played RW with AK and Eller. Prust is better and I'd rather see that LW position locked down so that when we bring Parros in on the RW, we can just easily sub out Moen without changing around too much.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I have a pile of beaten puppies building beside my desk from seeing the fake English "goaler" all over the place.

Please, everyone, think of the puppies, and learn how to spell goalie, or goaltender. Cheers.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I have a pile of beaten puppies building beside my desk from seeing the fake English "goaler" all over the place.

Please, everyone, think of the puppies, and learn how to spell goalie, or goaltender. Cheers.

Is it, like, really necessary to remind you that many non-English speakers populate this board (or at least people whose first language isn't English, which implies that there will be some gallicisms and some mistakes), and that French isn't really allowed, either here or on the whole site?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Is it, like, really necessary to remind you that many non-English speakers populate this board (or at least people whose first language isn't English, which implies that there will be some gallicisms and some mistakes), and that French isn't really allowed, either here or on the whole site?

Goaler isn't in the French OR English dictionary (maybe a dictionary published in Montreal?), and out here it would refer to a small handicapped inbred family from some mountain out here in Nova Scotia, that's all I'm sayin'. But whatever. Know that it amuses me to see people refer to Carey Price as an inbred Pejorative Slur.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Goaler isn't in the French OR English dictionary (maybe a dictionary published in Montreal?), and out here it would refer to a small handicapped inbred family from some mountain out here in Nova Scotia, that's all I'm sayin'. But whatever. Know that it amuses me to see people refer to Carey Price as an inbred Pejorative Slur.

Goaler in wikipedia Goaler at Dictionnary.com. I don't suggest you search it in urban dictionnary though.

Edit: In NS, it's the Goler.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Goaler is used in "slang French" to designate a goaltender/goalie.

Goaleux is also used by some people.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

It's slang french, brah. hear it all the time here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->