Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (DD's right winger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemorecup*

Didn't vote in any of these thread, tbh. But now I'm just laughing at how it's impossible to make a lineup that is not somewhat just a little bit ugly.

One of our top 3 lines will not make sense and that's all thanks to the Briere signing... :shakehead

the whole effen lineup makes no sense

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
DD doesn't belong on a 3rd (aka defensive) line. You guys should swap DD and Plekanec.

Where in the rulebook does it say that the 3rd line is a defensive line? Ours will likely be an exploitation line with the first two lines handling the majority of the harder minutes.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Where in the rulebook does it say that the 3rd line is a defensive line? Ours will likely be an exploitation line with the first two lines handling the majority of the harder minutes.
This has nothing to do with the rules. I'd much prefer playing the team's most defensively aware center againt the opposition's best players. Plus I think Plekanec would do well again playing with Bourque and Gionta.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
This has nothing to do with the rules. I'd much prefer playing the team's most defensively aware center againt the opposition's best players. Plus I think Plekanec would do well again playing with Bourque and Gionta.

And were is it written that the third line must play the opponent's best players? If our third line is our exploitation line its going to be the one playing against weaker lines.

Its pretty common nowadays to have the first line play other team's first line and this is an especially sound strategy with us having a very good two way player in Plekanec.

Our 3 first lines are likely going to have similar ES ice time, so it does not matter which one we pen as first, second or third line.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

So you think that Pleks is a third line center and Desharnais is a first line center because plek can play against top opposition and DD can't?

tumblr_m8syv9WkR51rv63c0o2_500.gif

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
The Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta line would be the first line, like it was last season. They actually had a pretty good stretch of scoring goals consistently right up until Bourque was sidelined with a concussion.

In that case, does the second line of Eller and the Gallys stay the same? I'd think Therrien would be hard-pressed to put Briere on a third line and with Desharnais no less. They'd get so exposed defensively, opposition coaches would be salivating at placing their first line up against that third line.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Pacioretty is a legit top 10 LW talent in the league, he shouldn't have to play on an exploitation line because he and his boyfriend think they have magical unicorn powered chemistry.

He should be playing on whatever line is getting the most playing time, which should be Plek's line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad