Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (DD's right winger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Time to pick the right winger on Desharnais line!

FORWARDS

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - ????
???? - White - ????
Extra : ????

DEFENSEMEN

???? - ????
???? - ????
???? - ????
Extra : ????

GOALERS

????
????

23rd player (forward or defense) : ????
--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goaler) : ????

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'm tempted to pick Prust... but then Gionta can't be on the 4th line. So Gionta. But that puts our 2 smallest players together, which I think is a bad idea...

Oh too bad, I'm voting Prust.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Voted Gionta, felt dirty, but it was the right thing to do. Think Prust is what's needed there, but no way he's ahead of Gionta in any depth chart... yet.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Voted Gionta, felt dirty, but it was the right thing to do. Think Prust is what's needed there, but no way he's ahead of Gionta in any depth chart... yet.

The problem is that Gionta should have been the RW on Pleks' line. Put Briere with Galchenyuk and Eller.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I voted Prust because Gionta should not be on a 3rd line, especially with teammates like that.

Do you really want to have a ****ing Pejorative Slured 3rd line with Bourque, Desharnais & Gionta playing together???

Makes zero sense!

Here's my top 9, tell me if it's worse than the one you guys voted:

Pacioretty-Pleckanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Gallagher

I honestly think it was a dumb move to put Gallagher on that 2nd line... Not that he's not good enough, but we have a ****** and unconsistant 3rd line.

:facepalm: I'm mad

Last edited by a moderator:

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I voted Prust because Gionta should not be on a 3rd line, especially with teammates like that.

Do you really want to have a ****ing Pejorative Slured 3rd line with Bourque, Desharnais & Gionta playing together???

Makes zero sens!

Here's my top 9, tell me if it's worse than the one you guys voted:

Pacioretty-Pleckanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Gallagher

I honestly think it was a dumb move to put Gallagher on that 2nd line... Not that he's not good enough, but we have a ****** and unconsistant 3rd line.

:facepalm: I'm mad

So because our 3rd line is "unconsistant" :)laugh:), Gallagher needs to be on this one? Why him? Gionta is a better defensive player than him right now.

Switch Brière for Gionta and I'm fine with the first 3 lines.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... We had the designated candidate to play on that line : Brandon Prust.

Now Briere screws everything :(

You can obviously not play Gionta on the 4th line. And you can obviously not play Briere or Gallagher on the 4th.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Didn't vote in any of these thread, tbh. But now I'm just laughing at how it's impossible to make a lineup that is not somewhat just a little bit ugly.

One of our top 3 lines will not make sense and that's all thanks to the Briere signing... :shakehead

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

So because our 3rd line is "unconsistant" :)laugh:), Gallagher needs to be on this one? Why him? Gionta is a better defensive player than him right now.

Switch Brière for Gionta and I'm fine with the first 3 lines.

Gionta could be so much useful with Galchenyuk. I don't understand how Gallagher had way more votes than him.

Gionta is a better defensive player than him
I don't even care which line Gionta is playing, it's just the fact that we put 3 unconsistant fowards that will probably leave after next season on the same line.
All of our lines has to play great defensively as well and you should know that we won't have a defensive stud 3rd line anyway.

Switch Brière for Gionta and I'm fine with the first 3 lines
Pacioretty-Pleckanec-Briere has some great potential. TBH I'm just tired to see Gionta playing with Pleckanec. I never saw any results. It could be very good for Eller/Galchenyuk to play with a veteran leader for once.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is where we see that there's too many small top 9 forward on this team.
One too many, and i'm sure Therrien and Bergevin knows it very well.

Didn't Malone was available? Would have vote for him right now!

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Gionta could be so much useful with Galchenyuk. I don't understand how Gallagher had way more votes than him.

Have you seen them play together last year with Eller? These three together were the best players (with Subban, of course) on the ice during the last month of the season. They had a great chemistry. This is probably why Gallagher had more votes than Gionta. But, it's not because a line played great one year that it's gonna happen the season after...in fact, it means nothing at all. Look at what happened with Desharnais, Pacioretty and Cole. You're right if that's what you think.

I don't even care which line Gionta is playing, it's just the fact that we put 3 unconsistant fowards that will probably leave after next season on the same line.

I'm sorry but Gionta is far from being inconsistent. People on this board know I'm not the biggest Gio fan but he's still probably our most reliable forward with Plekanec. Since becoming a Hab, he found a way to always score 20 or more goals during each year he played here. He was even on pace for 37 goals during his first season in Montreal. Maybe you don't see much results with Gio playing with Plekanec but they have done a great job defensively when they played together. Sometimes it's not all about scoring.

I agree on the fact that it could be good for Eller and Galchy to play with Gio. He could show them a few things and they are only gonna get better.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Have you seen them play together last year with Eller? These three together were the best players (with Subban, of course) on the ice during the last month of the season. They had a great chemistry. This is probably why Gallagher had more votes than Gionta. But, it's not because a line played great one year that it's gonna happen the season after...in fact, it means nothing at all. Look at what happened with Desharnais, Pacioretty and Cole. You're right if that's what you think.

I'm sorry but Gionta is far from being inconsistent. People on this board know I'm not the biggest Gio fan but he's still probably our most reliable forward with Plekanec. Since becoming a Hab, he found a way to always score 20 or more goals during each year he played here. He was even on pace for 37 goals during his first season in Montreal. Maybe you don't see much results with Gio playing with Plekanec but they have done a great job defensively when they played together. Sometimes it's not all about scoring.

I agree on the fact that it could be good for Eller and Galchy to play with Gio. He could show them a few things and they are only gonna get better.
Galchenyuk played 10 games with Gallagher when the season started (most with Prust on the left), then was almost exclusively with DD and MaxPac.
Three of the last four games, they were together. Only three games.
Galchenyuk - Eller is the Duo that was consecrated last year.

Gallagher is a very good fit but I like the idea of having either Gionta or Briere with this duo.

Anyway, we already know that once Gionta is back:
Galchenyuk - Eller (most used after first 10 games) - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (more than 40 games)
Pacioretty - Desharnais (more than 40 games) - Gallagher

In Bold the duos that were mostly used.
So with the same coaching staff and the same players, we should expect similar results unless one player goes into a slump (Cole last season).

At the same time, the team did not have a pre-season and relying on proven duos could also have been caused by a shorter season.
I may also be partly the reason why Plekanec-Gionta and Pacioretty-DD was used so much last season.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
With what we got now, voted Prust.

Hoping Leblanc could be a surprise.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gionta and Bourque are both good defensively and would help out Desharnais who is terrible in his own zone, playing against other team's third lines this could end up being a pretty decent line if Desharnais can play more like he did 2 seasons ago.

RustySpoon

Jul 2, 2013
Montreal
Galchenyuk played 10 games with Gallagher when the season started (most with Prust on the left), then was almost exclusively with DD and MaxPac.
Three of the last four games, they were together. Only three games.
Galchenyuk - Eller is the Duo that was consecrated last year.

Gallagher is a very good fit but I like the idea of having either Gionta or Briere with this duo.

Anyway, we already know that once Gionta is back:
Galchenyuk - Eller (most used after first 10 games) - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (more than 40 games)
Pacioretty - Desharnais (more than 40 games) - Gallagher

In Bold the duos that were mostly used.
So with the same coaching staff and the same players, we should expect similar results unless one player goes into a slump (Cole last season).

At the same time, the team did not have a pre-season and relying on proven duos could also have been caused by a shorter season.
I may also be partly the reason why Plekanec-Gionta and Pacioretty-DD was used so much last season.

I agree, these are most probably the lines that we'll start with, then performance will dictate the pairing

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Who the **** voted blunden? :laugh:

I looked at the possible 3rd line we'd end up with and wasn't very inspired by the looks of it, yeah I voted Blunden... Maybe I wasn't very lucid when I did it ...

Come on, if it's going to suck with Gio & Bourque why not suck with Blunden? Actually Blunden is bigger so it would end up being better ;)

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->