Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (3 extra players)

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Time to pick the 3 extra roster players. Please select at least 1 forward and 1 defenseman, and a 3rd player of your choice.

FORWARDS

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen
Extra : ????

DEFENSEMEN

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Diaz
Extra : ????

GOALIES

????
????

23rd player (forward or defense) : ????

--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
4th call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
3rd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goalie) : ????

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
My votes goes to Parros, Dumont and Bouillon.

Since Drewiske has a one-way contract, it means that he would be traded or waived if every defenseman is healthy (which almost never happens in reality). But I don't see why we would keep 2 extra defensemen on the roster.

It also means that Tinordi would start with Hamilton. Nothing wrong about this. I'd rather see him play 25 minutes a game in the AHL and be called-up when he's needed, than see him wait for his turn in the stands.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The line up has potential.Good speed, size and grit. I also like the depth. Honestly I still think we need a change or two.

elite1prospects

Jul 4, 2013
for whoever votes Tinordi for this do you realise that means he will be sitting in a press box gaining no experience. leave him in the AHL

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Drewiske and Bouillon on D, Parros as the 13th forward.

Guys like Thomas, Dumont, Tinordi and Beaulieu can continue to progress in Hamilton. A few will be ready next year and if any of them make strides to push into the line-up as soon as this upcoming season, Bergevin can weigh his option and make a trade to acquire some assets.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Voted Bouillon, Parros and Dumont.

This said, Drewiske will start the season in Montreal as 7th D. Bouillon will probably end up playing with Markov and Dumont will start in the minors.

Analyzer*

Voted Bouillon, Parros and Dumont.

This said, Drewiske will start the season in Montreal as 7th D. Bouillon will probably end up playing with Markov and Dumont will start in the minors.

I believe Dumont has to clear waivers now. It seems the 4th line centre spot is Dumonts imo.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Drewiske and Bouillon on D, Parros as the 13th forward.

Guys like Thomas, Dumont, Tinordi and Beaulieu can continue to progress in Hamilton. A few will be ready next year and if any of them make strides to push into the line-up as soon as this upcoming season, Bergevin can weigh his option and make a trade to acquire some assets.

Exactly why I voted for these guys too. :nod:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I believe Dumont has to clear waivers now. It seems the 4th line centre spot is Dumonts imo.

Meh... you're possibly right.
Still, if DD44 doesn't remain in Montreal, there's only 6 D-Men, Unless the team sends down Parros (extremely unlikely -- watch him even play on first game), White (would be even dumber) or Bouillon (will be in the starting lineup at the beginning of the season anyways...)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
All this confusion made by having Emelin in the 2nd RD spot in the starting lineup while it's obvious he won't be there (even if he'S totally our 2nd Right D-Men otherwise).

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
You realize that this suggestion means we start the year with 6 D-Men?

And how on Earth is Drewiske superior to Bouillon?!?!?!
Yeah but you also realize that Emelin is in the line-up here? Drewiske almost makes 3x less, is bigger and Bouillon would be a good leader for Hamilton.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah but you also realize that Emelin is in the line-up here? Drewiske almost makes 3x less, is bigger and Bouillon would be a good leader for Hamilton.

First, Emelin is injured, thus Bouillon will begin the season in Montreal regardless.
Second... The salary argument actually favors Bouillon, because the team is paying them anyways, and Bouillon will actually have some of its salary on the cap if sent in the AHL. DD? Not a penny on the cap, and paying 600K to a guy to play on the farm team is less annoying than paying 1.5M to a guy to play on the farm team.
Third, I thought the idea was to have the best possible team.
Fourth, considering how you reacted towards Bouillon, I can't take seriously what you said about "bringing leadership".

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud

In this case, size is definitely overrated. Bouillon is a much better player and it's the only thing we should consider.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
First, Emelin is injured, thus Bouillon will begin the season in Montreal regardless.
Second... The salary argument actually favors Bouillon, because the team is paying them anyways, and Bouillon will actually have some of its salary on the cap if sent in the AHL. DD? Not a penny on the cap, and paying 600K to a guy to play on the farm team is less annoying than paying 1.5M to a guy to play on the farm team.
Third, I thought the idea was to have the best possible team.
Fourth, considering how you reacted towards Bouillon, I can't take seriously what you said about "bringing leadership".
You're right about the 35+ contract, completely forgot about that. I dont like Bouillon but I can still acknowledge that a veteran like him would be beneficial for Hamilton.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
You're right about the 35+ contract, completely forgot about that. I dont like Bouillon but I can still acknowledge that a veteran like him would be beneficial for Hamilton.

But do you understand that Bouillon would have never signed a contract if he wasn't going to play for Montreal? He's never going to play in Hamilton, not even one game.

He signed here to finish his career. That's what's gonna happen, we like or not.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

It'S not even about the 35+ contract.
It's about the fact that nowadays, salaries cannot be buried in the AHL, except for a 900K part of it.

Bouillon makes more than 900K. Drewiskie doesn't.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Waive Drewiski, pick up a rookie that can use the time. There's somewhat of a logjam in Hamilton too no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->