Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (2nd pairing right defenseman)

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Time to pick the 2nd pairing right defenseman!

FORWARDS

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen
Extra : ????

DEFENSEMEN

Gorges - Subban
Markov - ????
???? - ????
Extra : ????

GOALIES

????
????

23rd player (forward or defense) : ????
--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
4th call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
3rd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goalie) : ????

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
It's gotta be Emelin when he comes back, meanwhile, I'm not sure who it should be. Preferably a defensive d-men but Murray would be a bad idea seeing as both are slower skaters.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is it me, or....

Until Emelin is back, Bouillon would be a decent choice?

(Crap, I accidentally voted Bouillon...)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I much prefer Emelin on the left, but with the glut of LD we have, he's the one who seems to get shifted to his off-side. However, if you're gonna play him there, might as well get him to learn from his countryman Markov. Still think Emelin has a ton of untapped offensive potential.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
But MT seems to think that Bouillon has more.. :shakehead

Time on ice per game (2012-13)

Alexei Emelin : 19:40
Francis Bouillon : 18:04

And if Bouillon sees a little time on the powerplay, while Emelin doesn't, it's simply because Bouillon is still the best (after Subban) at carrying the puck in the offensive zone.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Time on ice per game (2012-13)

Alexei Emelin : 19:40
Francis Bouillon : 18:04

And if Bouillon sees a little time on the powerplay, while Emelin doesn't, it's simply because Bouillon is still the best (after Subban) at carrying the puck in the offensive zone.
Better than Markov and Diaz?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I much prefer Emelin on the left, but with the glut of LD we have, he's the one who seems to get shifted to his off-side. However, if you're gonna play him there, might as well get him to learn from his countryman Markov. Still think Emelin has a ton of untapped offensive potential.

Totally agree. Emelin has some real talent offensively and I hope he gets an opportunity to show it. After this season id love to see him with Subban. The two of them would be incredible for their mix of mobility and physicality. Then we can pair Tinordi with the general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad