GDT: Buffalo @ Washington | 1/3/23 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Perspective is an interesting thing…..so many just howling mad because it was him. I need to go back and watch that now….
This is why I rarely trust eye witness testimony. haha

Random: I had a highschool friend who was wrongfully convicted and sentenced to 15yrs based off of someone who ID'd him leaving the scene. The witness was 50yds away at night and picked him out of a line-up. DNA eventually freed him but it took 2 years...

Anyway, I saw what I saw. Eller = guilty! lol

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
a penalty is a penalty no matter when it happens. Game management is just bad officiating.

Kuzy kicked the dudes skates out, it was clear cut IMO.

Yeah but were they calling them that close all night? I think some liberties were being taken from the jump. You can't set the tone with a "let em play" standard for 58 min and then call a little kinda-trip that probably happened a few times already.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Yeah but were they calling them that close all night? I think some liberties were being taken from the jump. You can't set the tone with a "let em play" standard for 58 min and then call a little kinda-trip that probably happened a few times already.
It seemed like a clear cut trip to me. That should be a trip in any game.

The blame is on Kuzy entirely.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It seemed like a clear cut trip to me. That should be a trip in any game.

The blame is on Kuzy entirely.

There were TWO penalties called all game long up to that point and one of them was a must-call high stick on Oshie. Were there only 2 real infractions for almost 60 minutes, or did the refs just swallow the whistles UNTIL 2 min left?

Again, players adjust to the officiating that day. Kuzy is a dumbass a lot of the time with stupid penalties but that's a tough call to make in a tie game when you haven't called shit for 58 minutes.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was a pretty clean game….

I thought Ovie x-checked a guy in the first few minutes without a call. Wasn't looking to document every single infraction after that but I saw plays that didn't get whistled. And there was a clear sliding pad-stack trip on the PK that wasn't called so they weren't going by the book.

I don't believe there was no hook, hold, or interference all night. I saw several plays that could easily have been called interference.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Ovie x-checked a guy in the first few minutes without a call. Wasn't looking to document every single infraction after that but I saw plays that didn't get whistled. And there was a clear sliding pad-stack trip on the PK that wasn't called so they weren't going by the book.

I don't believe there was no hook, hold, or interference all night. I saw several plays that could easily have been called interference.
That’s always debatable….just saying there wasn’t a lot of activity.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Agree. Protas has got to be the odd man out. He just isn't producing.
Maybe not in goals but certainly in wall work and setting up dowd/hathaway since he is the best passer on that line. But yeah if his only spot is on the 4th line yeah those slots tend to be more players that can be sat as healthy player higher up in the line up come back.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This is why I rarely trust eye witness testimony. haha

Random: I had a highschool friend who was wrongfully convicted and sentenced to 15yrs based off of someone who ID'd him leaving the scene. The witness was 50yds away at night and picked him out of a line-up. DNA eventually freed him but it took 2 years...

Anyway, I saw what I saw. Eller = guilty! lol
Re: the random a coworkers boyfriend has a younger brother who was going to college and had two fellow college roommates in off campus housing. One of them was having some drug issues went crazy and attacked him with flat iron pan in the kitchen and got on top of him beating the hell out of him (while other roommate witnessed) and while on the kitchen floor getting pounded managed to grab a knife and stab (non-lethal) to get the crazy roommate to back off.

Cops come get everyone statement. 3rd roommate corroborated everything. Cops were like no charge for younger brother getting attacked. Months later turns out that drugged college roommate had really rich parents and politically connected locally. Suddenly that 3rd roommate recanted on their initial statement and prosecutors charged him with felony assault and ended up getting 20 years. This is in Alabama :(.

• Wow
Reactions: PlushMinus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad