News Article: Buffalo Sabres Now NHL’s Youngest Team

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
490x654xage.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vjfiGOKlB_.jpg

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/sports/buffalo-sabres/buffalo-sabres-now-nhls-youngest-team/

I'm not seeing the source of this info, but I'm sure someone has it.

Rebuild here we come!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is why I question all these rebuilding times are a coming. The team has changed over where they have a young core of players already....that will only get younger next season.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
This is why I question all these rebuilding times are a coming. The team has changed over where they have a young core of players already....that will only get younger next season.

I'm not really sure I understand your comment, but as far as the rebuild goes - we're already there. Our top 2 centers are youngins' with a lot of talent but also a lot to learn. For better or worse, they got to experience what being a top centerman in the NHL is like earlier than most.

We traded away (3) 30+ players and rocketed to the bottom of the league, age wise.

We have several defensive prospects that are knocking on the NHL door, and should be in the lineup next year if not already, and even our "vets" there are mostly young guys.

The depth at arguably the most important position in the game, center, looks like this:

Hodgson
Ennis
Grigorenko
Girgensons
Larsson
Catenacci
Flynn

Young but talented.

Unlike the Flames for instance, we're well on our way in building the foundation. I like where we're headed, but it will be painful. I can't wait to see what we pull out of this draft.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
I'm not really sure I understand your comment, but as far as the rebuild goes - we're already there. Our top 2 centers are youngins' with a lot of talent but also a lot to learn. For better or worse, they got to experience what being a top centerman in the NHL is like earlier than most.

We traded away (3) 30+ players and rocketed to the bottom of the league, age wise.

We have several defensive prospects that are knocking on the NHL door, and should be in the lineup next year if not already, and even our "vets" there are mostly young guys.

The depth at arguably the most important position in the game, center, looks like this:

Hodgson
Ennis
Grigorenko
Girgensons
Larsson
Catenacci
Flynn

Young but talented.

Unlike the Flames for instance, we're well on our way in building the foundation. I like where we're headed, but it will be painful. I can't wait to see what we pull out of this draft.

Flynn is going to be a RW, possible last resort fill in at center but definitely should be listed as a RW as far as the depth chart goes...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I remind everyone the '74-'75 Sabre Finals team had only 2 players >30... Goalie Roger Crozier who was ~35 and role forward (and good guy) Fred Stanfield who was 30 or 31.

The average age of the forwards was something like 23yo & change, and the average age of the D was a year older or younger, maybe only 22yo. If I can find the scrap of paper with that roster, I'll re-post specifics.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I remind everyone the '74-'75 Sabre Finals team had only 2 players >30... Goalie Roger Crozier who was ~35 and role forward (and good guy) Fred Stanfield who was 30 or 31.

The average age of the forwards was something like 23yo & change, and the average age of the D was a year older or younger, maybe only 22yo. If I can find the scrap of paper with that roster, I'll re-post specifics.

If you include all players who played at least 1 game (regular season OR playoffs):
Average age all players: 24.14
Average age goaltenders: 28.25
Average age forwards: 24.06
Average age defense: 22.25

Take out players who played < 10 games...
Average age all players: 24.05
Average age goaltenders: 28.00
Average age forwards: 24.36
Average age defense: 22.00

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Flynn is going to be a RW, possible last resort fill in at center but definitely should be listed as a RW as far as the depth chart goes...

Probably, still, the top 6 there are the meat and potatoes and looks pretty good from where I'm sitting.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

Here you go BG: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000331975.html

Larry Mickey and Gerry Desjardins were both 30 that season also

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
The NHL's youngest team is worth supporting on a win streak, IMO, tank or not. The players don't give a damn about a pick; they want to win. We might want a pick but the guys on the ice can't be blamed for playing hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->