GDT: Buffalo Sabres (5-8-2) vs. Your New Jersey Devils (6-5-2), 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
oh brother. he hasn’t been playing well as a 3c but trying him on wing is fine. it’s only “1st line” because amanda wrote in hischier as the 1C. they will probably still play the second most to hughes line.

everyone complained about zacha when he wasn’t putting up points. he’s putting up points now and everyone’s trying to rip apart his splits even as his role is changing from a center to a wing. let’s give the guy (and ourselves) a break

He’s never produced at 5v5. That’s what line combinations are. It makes complete sense to think he should be playing lower in the lineup at 5v5 and getting more time on special teams while Gusev gets the better 5v5 opportunities. That’s the logical thing to do

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sunday was one of those games a young team will do.

But with Blackwood in I definitely want to see a proper bounce back. Buffalo stinks, they are missing a bunch of guys on top of it.

This game should be a win.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'd rather have Zacha next to Hischier right now... and that's more of an indictment on how bad Gusev's been then praising Zacha. Gusev's been a blackhole so far this year get him away from the prodigal son.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Wait you want to put the guy was the best 5v5 producer on the team last season in a position where he’ll actually have a good chance to produce? lol What a dumbass

Gusev has been dogshit this year, last year doesn’t mean anything

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Travis deserved more highs over the last one thousand. Regardless, Zajac has been the epitome of professionalism. Happy to have watched his career

Reactions: glenwo2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Not the system" - Bryce Salvador.

Sal must have read Sunday's thread and wasn't having it.
While I appreciate what he's saying, I don't fully buy it and he never blames the system. The issue isn't that the system can't work, it's that we have implemented a high maintenance system that relies on the players to make dynamic plays during the penalty kill but they have not had the practice or time required to execute it. A turtle system where everyone just clogs up the front of the net and the shooting lanes like some other teams play seems more called for when our guys are so out of it.

Reactions: Dudzi16

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
While I appreciate what he's saying, I don't fully buy it and he never blames the system. The issue isn't that the system can't work, it's that we have implemented a high maintenance system that relies on the players to make dynamic plays during the penalty kill but they have not had the practice or time required to execute it. A turtle system where everyone just clogs up the front of the net and the shooting lanes like some other teams play seems more called for when our guys are so out of it.

The boards complaints on Sunday was they were playing a "turtle" system though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The boards complaints on Sunday was they were playing a "turtle" system though.
Well that's just wrong lol.

The players are moving and switching positions a ton, and they are blowing coverage when they do this. If everyone was executing you wouldn't have those holes, but asking them to execute it under these conditions is setting them up to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad