Buffalo over .500 for first time since January 14th, 2013

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Didn't throw egregious money at over age stars and still won the same amount as your team...hmmm

What are you talking about?

First off it's not 1997 so we don't do that

Second off you've been bottom feeders for half a decade while we've been cup contenders

It's not cup or bust. You don't get to say you're on the same level as us because of cups when you finish bottom 3 every year and actively tank seasoons

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What are you talking about?

First off it's not 1997 so we don't do that

Second off you've been bottom feeders for half a decade while we've been cup contenders

It's not cup or bust. You don't get to say you're on the same level as us because of cups when you finish bottom 3 every year and actively tank seasoons

Richards, shattenkirk...need I go on?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Richards, shattenkirk...need I go on?

What about Shattenkirk? Deal was considered great value at the time and he is three games into this season, not yet a bad contract and even if he is done or something the deal is still not long term enough to hurt us.

Richards gave us two good seasons and he is gone off our cap not hurting us at all.

On the othrt hand, I wouldnt take Kyle Okposo for free.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So a thread is made to make fun of Buffalo for being so awful they haven't been above .500 in five years and then when they lose one game, a leaf fan comes in here to bump it? Leaf fans, this is the kind of guy making you all look bad.

We know we suck, we have known for five f***ing years we suck and we don't need to be reminded about it every single time we lose a game.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
So a thread is made to make fun of Buffalo for being so awful they haven't been above .500 in five years and then when they lose one game, a leaf fan comes in here to bump it? Leaf fans, this is the kind of guy making you all look bad.

We know we suck, we have known for five ****ing years we suck and we don't need to be reminded about it every single time we lose a game.

Blame The Jack Attack. He harassed Leaf fans all summer about Tavares not coming to the Leafs, then about the Leafs overpaying, then about the Leafs being overrated etc and now he’s dissapeared.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Didn't throw egregious money at over age stars and still won the same amount as your team...hmmm

Sooo......... we are just going to ignore Ville Leino, Christian Ehrhoff, Matt Moulson Brian Gionta Josh Georges etc and pretend Buffalo hasn't wasted MILLIONS on washed up vets?

I see

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Sooo......... we are just going to ignore Ville Leino, Christian Ehrhoff, Matt Moulson Brian Gionta Josh Georges etc and pretend Buffalo hasn't wasted MILLIONS on washed up vets?

I see

One of Gorges or Gionta was a trade. Possibly both. Doesn't count!

Also I hated that Leino signing. Even a blind person saw that it was done because he plundered their village that playoffs. Seriously, the best thing he can do is let people line up outside the stadium and let every fan punch him in the face. I don't blame him for signing that contract tho because only an idiot wouldn't have. But an even bigger idiot thought it was a good idea to offer that.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Definitely could see Eichel having his MacK/Hall/Seguin breakout season this year and that alone is a big part of the battle. With him not just scoring points but absolutely driving the team as the leader of the offense (now officially on his chest as well). Not sure as an entire team they are quite as prepared to make the kind of jump the Avs and Devils did behind their alpha dogs but no reason to suspect this won't be a season of great progress. Plus in a few seasons when Dahlin is really pushing into rarefied defenseman air (let's be honest - defenders will usually take a bit longer to hit their full stride) - the Sabres will have him and nobody else will.
I fully expect to see the Sabres content for a playoff spot this season, and could be a real threat in a short time. Talk about some good young talent with Eichel, Mittelstadt, Dahlin, etc. Not to mention Ullmark has all the makings of a stud in net.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Ehr mah gerd guys they are over .500 again for the first time in 3 days! Time for bump like after every game! Am I doing this right?

So do we take the parade down Seneca or Clinton? Oh wait maybe they can start at the arena and head down to the Perry's and Pegula can show us where he intends to build the new Bill's stadium. Man I'm so glad hockey has such a short season, nothing can go wrong from here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad