Buffalo over .500 for first time since January 14th, 2013

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Carter Hutton has made 77 saves on 79 shots in the last two games.

Regardless, I knew That first game against Boston was going to be a loss after I saw the emotion after the Marchand thinf thing coupled in with them being embarrassed 7-0. You don’t get embarrassed and have the chance to start 0-2 when your a good team and just gladly take it. Halak looked crocs 2010, they’re on the road and on trips you want to be in a good mood they only had to carry the loss for 24 hours and weren’t going to be denied.

As said above Carter Hutton has been extremely solid. Every bit s good as advertised. Stopped. 3 on 0 and has gotten over ten standing clap aces, by a full standing ovation but a few and over then where a ton of the crowd actually

It’s a long way to go but even if they just improve a little I’ll be happy (a little means 5-10 wins)

Eichel could of easily had 5 pts tonight. He had about ten chances but five of them were at the post or off by an inch any given way.

I remember up until this decade, Buffalo had an all time winning record against all but 5 or 6 franchises...boy has that sure changed.

Yeah buffalo had the fifth best winning percentage in nhl history in 2008 after almost 40 years in the league and the only team to have a winning record against Montreal.

Even with all this losing and having never won a cup there sill top 12 maybe even top 10.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
They aren't burning down villages just yet but they are on their way...

tenor.gif

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, that is one crazy/sad stat. Still, I do think they’ll be significantly improved this year - best goaltending and depth they’ve had in awhile, and their young guns should keep improving. Doubt they make the playoffs, but I can see them taking a big step forwards, say 9-12 in the east.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Aug 3, 2010
Christ, that's more futility than the Florida Panthers/Edmonton Oilers missed playoff streak.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Christ, that's more futility than the Florida Panthers/Edmonton Oilers missed playoff streak.

It’s up there.

It’s five years, and bad starts. Carolina has a ten year playoff drought that could change but to me thats pretty bad.

Also it’s funny because buffalo until 8 years ago as said had the fifth highest winning percentage of any nhl team despite being in the league fifty years and never winning a cup. But they’ve been awful for awhile now.

Aug 3, 2010
It’s up there.

It’s five years, and bad starts. Carolina has a ten year playoff drought that could change but to me thats pretty bad.

Also it’s funny because buffalo until 8 years ago as said had the fifth highest winning percentage of any nhl team despite being in the league fifty years and never winning a cup. But they’ve been awful for awhile now.
As a Flames fan, I love knowing the Oilers have been one of the worst teams in post-lockout era, tied alongside Florida and pending the breaking of Carolina's current streak.

However, missing the playoffs for 10 years straight is impressively bad, but half the teams in the League miss the cutoff annually. You can miss the playoffs by a single point, so a 47-win (47-35-0 for example) campaign for 94 pts can still fall just short to another's 95pts.

Not having a winning record for over 5 seasons, not a winning season but a record, is kind of insane. Not only do they have no chance of making the playoffs without a winning record, they couldn't even compile a 1-0 record to start the season. While luck absolutely plays a part in it, to me it's kind of a landmark "WTF" record.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Annnnnd…….now fans from other clubs begin to truly see and understand the utter crap product Sabres faithful have had to endure for 5 seasons.
We Sabres fans have shown some anger, but mostly, a great amount of patience with hope. Hope for competitive hockey again, and early on this season, it appears there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For Sabres fans, young and old: All hail Gilbert Perreault (Sabres Great be thy name), may Jack Eichel walk in his shoes and lead the franchise to the promise land (a chance to fight for a wild card slot in January and February of this season).
Praise be to Ristolainen and Dahlin, may they finally be the foundations of a stable, contributing, defensive corps while never imitating pylons...……..Amen!

Reactions: sabremike

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
They're a lock if they can come up with better music. This wretched song has been holding them back for years. They don't want to go near the playoffs and introduce the slightest possibility they'll have to hear this song again. It's not the players. It's not the management. It's that damn song!

Naw, they just need to change that putrid goal song

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Is this good? I was told that being right around .500 was a horrible place to be.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Is it too late to give them McDavid?

Seriously, hope they make the Atlantic at least a four team division this year.

Reactions: sabremike

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
wait that's not true.

They were 5-4-2 on 11/5/2016

**ooooohhh see, that is still below .500. carry on then. that is pretty amazing

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
wait that's not true.

They were 5-4-2 on 11/5/2016

**ooooohhh see, that is still below .500. carry on then. that is pretty amazing

That’s right! Let us revel in the crap that we have been enduring without some foreign fan horning in and telling us it hasn’t been all that bad! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->