Proposal: Buffalo - Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
you and other people talk like he achieved 40 points 1 time like yakupov. He didint... do you know how many players score in te 50's bellow 23 years old ?
And you make it sound like he's already a point per game player. I didn't diminish his skill or production, so don't toss me in this "you people" rant. I told you why some wouldn't give up a top 10 pick. It's not like anybody said he has negative or no value.

Ronnbergundy

Jun 18, 2015
Frolunda
The Sabres are looking good now with their line up. (they have to sign Skinner)
They need to start winning and make the Playoff next year.

MTL is at 1 or 2 years to be a great team with prospect comming up.

So Montreal is a few years away, but the Sabres need to win now? I disagree, Buffalo passes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd certainly take a roll of the dice on a prospect like Krebs/Turcotte/Cozen over the player we know Drouin is.

Agreed, the potential of the #7 player is far less known and potentially more productive than Drouin. Hopefully one day, that will be more than a 50-point mercurial winger.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

-

BUFF : 7th overall first pick (Philip Broberg or Bowen Byram)

MTL : Drouin

-

Buff gets a great RW to play with Eichel
Drouin - Eichel - Reinhart

MTL get a future D for their *None official Rebuild*
MTL need to make room for Poehling/Suzuki/Ylonen pushing to make the line up.

That's tempting to me as a Habs fan. Also, strongly disagree with the bolded statements. How Sabres line up is looking good while MTL is 1-2 years away? I mean, our lineup is miles ahead of yours... it doesn't add up. :huh:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
What's Buffalo history with top 15 picks that aren't top 2 again?
Everyone saying this player will, without doubt, be better then Drouin need to give their head a shake.
12th - Tyler Myers
12th- Zack Kassian
16th- Joel Armia
12th- Mikhail Grigorenko
8th- Rasmus Ristolainen
16th- Nikita Zadorov
8th - Alexander Nylander
8th - Casey Middlestadt

On draft day in 2013, put any of the projected kids from 3-11 next to Drouin and the choice is pretty obvious. If you have the choice today, for a team/market like Buffalo, the choice should be even easier.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

-

BUFF : 7th overall first pick (Philip Broberg or Bowen Byram)

MTL : Drouin

-

Buff gets a great RW to play with Eichel
Drouin - Eichel - Reinhart

MTL get a future D for their *None official Rebuild*
MTL need to make room for Poehling/Suzuki/Ylonen pushing to make the line up.
Montreal would be selling low on Drouin. Best keep him hope for a rebound season. He is better than this

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo needs a C or RHD if we’re trading the pick. We have some upcoming winger depth when it comes to skill but lack high energy players with a mean streak.

In a vacuum Drouin is probably better than 7th but we need to improve a lot to chase the other teams in the atlantic. Drouin won’t help us enough in the coming years anyway.

Reactions: JohnnyPepperoni

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What's Buffalo history with top 15 picks that aren't top 2 again?
Everyone saying this player will, without doubt, be better then Drouin need to give their head a shake.
12th - Tyler Myers
12th- Zack Kassian
16th- Joel Armia
12th- Mikhail Grigorenko
8th- Rasmus Ristolainen
16th- Nikita Zadorov
8th - Alexander Nylander
8th - Casey Middlestadt

On draft day in 2013, put any of the projected kids from 3-11 next to Drouin and the choice is pretty obvious. If you have the choice today, for a team/market like Buffalo, the choice should be even easier.

Considering Buffalo's amateur scouting staff was overhauled more than once over that stretch, this is hardly a useful predictive exercise. The only pick there that's a product of our current staff is Mitts, and he looks pretty promising.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyPepperoni

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This season was the tale of two Jonathan Drouin:
For the first half of the season, he was a f***ing machine, and he did nothing in the second half.

If he could somehow be more consistant, he would be a damn great player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs are looking to Add to Drouin, not reset with a trade for a pick. The value is there but the need doesn’t align.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
If we re sign Skinner we could put a corpse on that line and he would end up with 50 points.

The Sabres coach next year pending they get Skinner should play Skinner Eichel and Olofsson together all year. VO makes like 600k for the next couple seasons and would easily score 25 with those 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad