Proposal: Buffalo/Dallas

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I would do it,only because i think that Girgs needs a new team,and i still think he can potentially be top6 F on a different team.
On the other hand, McCabe is Sabres 2nd pair D,and we need D. Maybe Flip McCabe with Scandella/Bogosian (in this trade)?

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I would do it,only because i think that Girgs needs a new team,and i still think he can potentially be top6 F on a different team.
On the other hand, McCabe is Sabres 2nd pair D,and we need D. Maybe Flip McCabe with Scandella/Bogosian (in this trade)?

No way I trade Scandella honestly.

The OP would be a solid deal for both imo

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Interesting take, and I sat last night out by the fire thinking on this one after reviewing what teams could be potential good trading partners. Dallas appeared a reasonable fit given Seguin's up coming contract, they'd need cost controlled reasonably priced NHL players. Buffalo on the other hand will most likely need a strapping winger with some physicality to help protect the youth that will almost assuredly be on the roster this season, specifically Middlestadt. I did make an attempt to balance out the trade so both teams needs, not only on roster but cost and control and so on, were taken in to account.
If Scandella were added, that's a negative for Buffalo as he's their only true journeyman D man of age, Bogo's injury history combined with his contract I don't believe would interest Dallas.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
This doesn’t seem like a bad deal. I have no issue moving McCabe because we’ve brought in so many options who are all more mobile.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Not moving Hintz, but you can have Ritchie for free.
Is Ritchie really considered that bad in Dallas? I caught a few Dallas games this past season and although his production has declined some he appeared engaged.

As for Hintz, I liked him his draft year, but his scouting report is accurate as far as I can tell. What are the Stars planning on at LW given the young talent they have at that position?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Hintz is a C and the only one with any upside we have. Ritchie can be discussed, but Hintz is our best forward prospect and basically the only Nill pick that has worked out.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Is Ritchie really considered that bad in Dallas? I caught a few Dallas games this past season and although his production has declined some he appeared engaged.

As for Hintz, I liked him his draft year, but his scouting report is accurate as far as I can tell. What are the Stars planning on at LW given the young talent they have at that position?

Ritchie may not be the worst, I'm just tired of him getting more opportunities with prime minutes/situations and squandering them, when there are other bottom 6 players who played much better and never were given the same chances (ie. Gemel Smith) because he has size and the coaches still believe he's going to be a top 6 option when he just doesn't have that skillset.

Which young talent at LW are you referring to?

Reactions: Kcb12345

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Not the worst proposal out there but the Stars pass. Stars have Lindell, Heiskanen, and Methot on the left side, Mccabe isn't needed. Girgensons as a depth forward isn't needed. No reason why the Stars should give up Hintz.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As others have mentioned, I don't want to give up Hintz in a deal that really doesnt make us a better team. Also as others have mentioned, you can have Ritchie for extremely cheap.

Hintz should be a good middle 6/depth guy for us and is NHL ready now. Wouldn't make a whole ton of sense for us to trade him for another depth guy or a depth dman.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dallas doesnt do this because Hintz is a C and not a LW. He is our best C prospect by a large margin and with one of our centers on the edge of the old man cliff we can't afford to move him. Also LD is super far from a need for us with Lindell, Heiskanen and Methot already there

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Thanks to the Dallas fans for clarifying the Hintz situation. Wasn't aware he'd flipped to center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad