To Columbus:
Sam Reinhart

To Carolina:
Patrick Laine

To Buffalo:
Jake Gardiner
Carolina 2021st
Picks & prospects from either team

NOTE: Thought this was an interesting basis for a trade. I didn't spend much time on the picks and prospects to Buffalo to balance out taking Gardiners contract and value of Reinhart. I'm not sure what fair value/prospects need to go to Buffalo for this deal. Whatcha think?

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To Columbus:
Sam Reinhart

To Carolina:
Patrick Laine

To Buffalo:
Jake Gardiner
Carolina 2021st

NOTE: Thought this was an interesting basis for a trade. I didn't spend much time on the picks and prospects to Buffalo to balance out taking Gardiners contract and value of Reinhart. I'm not sure what fair value/prospects need to go to Buffalo for this deal. Whatcha think?
Wow brutal for BUF, unless those prospects include someone from the other teams' top 3 pool.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I'd want Jarvis in return. Quality prospect for a 1st line player. No interest in late 1sts and prospects that Columbus and Carolina deem expendable. Also Gardiner has a NTC. What are the odds the worst team in the league is on that list? Pretty high I'd imagine.

That's fair, I wanted to generate this type of discussion for picks and prospects. Thank you

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This Canes fan says leave us out of this. Laine is a great talent, but who knows if he plays up to it or disappears in our system where Rod expects defensive responsibility first? Certainly not worth the risk of the salary he’s going to want. No interest also in moving Jarvis at this point either.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Why is Carolina even in this? Buffalo and CBJ may have interest in swapping those two but Carolina brings nothing to this. OP is a Caniac?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To Columbus:
Sam Reinhart

To Carolina:
Patrick Laine

To Buffalo:
Jake Gardiner
Carolina 2021st

Hell f***ing no

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Why is Carolina even in this? Buffalo and CBJ may have interest in swapping those two but Carolina brings nothing to this. OP is a Caniac?

Nah. Laine isn't worth the contract he will get soon. We already have way too much cap tied up in wingers. Carolina has better prospects than CBJ. I'd rather have Jarvis or something and a 1st.

Carolina is fine without a shakeup trade though so they don't need to do this.

Last edited:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
To Columbus:
Sam Reinhart

To Carolina:
Patrick Laine

To Buffalo:
Jake Gardiner
Carolina 2021st

this has to be a product of legal weed in Ontario ..

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'd want Jarvis in return. Quality prospect for a 1st line player. No interest in late 1sts and prospects that Columbus and Carolina deem expendable. Also Gardiner has a NTC. What are the odds the worst team in the league is on that list? Pretty high I'd imagine.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the number of teams on his ntc list is equal to the number of teams in Canada.

Anyway, this proposal is a nonstarter for Carolina. Don’t have the space for Laine and I doubt he’d fit in well with the team culture.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
- In principle a three way trade makes a lot of sense. Columbus would trade Laine for Reinhart, which is fair value for Buffalo, but they already have their share of shooters on the wing.

- The third party wouldn't be Carolina. They don't need the risk and don't need the help on the PP.

- I'll suggest L.A. and Vancouver as potential third teams. They could definitely use Laine and have draft picks around the right value - ~9th OA. Any of Eklund, McTavish, Wallstedt, etc... could be targets for Buffalo.

- That would be a really fun trade for Bettman to announce when the pick rolls in.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To Columbus:
Sam Reinhart

To Carolina:
Patrick Laine

To Buffalo:
Jake Gardiner
Carolina 2021st

So what the hell does Buffalo get out of this, this is terrible. Jake Gardiner is worthless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad