Proposal: Buffalo - Boston (Hall)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hall going to Buffalo left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest. I don't think anyone thought Buffalo's season would look like it has, but I also thought that Hall would want to play for a true current contender, and when he signed with Buffalo I really just thought he was a loser.

But...

With Ekholm seemingly off the market and a paucity of LD on the market that would require the Bruins 2021 1st on the market with him out...

Pfft... I'm just going to talk myself back into Hall only to see him get dealt to the Caps or some shit.

The 2021 Caps are also a much stronger team than the 2021 Bruins. Them adding Hall is different than the Bruins doing it. The Bruins are just too many pieces away/inconsistent for me to consider them contenders, regardless of if they are in a playoff spot right now. With injuries and how the season is unfolding, make some hockey deals or deals for players that we want to build around or move on. I'm not a fan of rentals, but this year even more so.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Does anyone really want Hall at this point? I don't, and I hope the Bruins management doesn't either.

He's busted in Buffalo; and
He didn't impress enough in Arizona for the Yotes to want to even try to resign him.

Yes he had one really good year in New Jersey, but that's looking increasingly like a fluke.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't do it if Debrusk OR the 1st are included.

2nd and a middling prospect. Maybe

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Does anyone really want Hall at this point? I don't, and I hope the Bruins management doesn't either.

He's busted in Buffalo; and
He didn't impress enough in Arizona for the Yotes to want to even try to resign him.

Yes he had one really good year in New Jersey, but that's looking increasingly like a fluke.

The Yotes tried to re-sign him. I think that ship sailed once Chayka got ousted though.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
A big pass on this guy. 2 goals for an 8 mil player? I don’t care if he playing good, that’s ridiculous, and based on his attitude from a former player, I hope teams do their homework.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
A bit?????
Bruins don't really need to have salary retained as they have lots of deadline cap space. You are not getting DeBrusk nevermind a 1st rd pick. Not happening.
A bit. You’re really overvaluing DeBrusk. He’s having an awful season and he’s someone the Bruins have been trying to move. He’s no where near T Hall (also having an awful season) but was a 1st overall pick and has a Hart. DeBrisk will never be anything close to a Hart level player.

hall has much higher upside if either return to form of old.

the 1st round pick added was too much.

Last edited:

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
A bit. You’re really overvaluing DeBrusk. He’s having an awful season and he’s someone the Bruins have been trying to move. He’s no where near T Hall (also having an awful season) but was a 1st overall pick and has a Hart. DeBrisk will never be anything close to a Hart level player.

I disagree on a lot of this. One down year doesn’t change what debrusk can bring when he is on. Also hall is nowhere near that mvp type year and won’t come close to that again. I would still like him on the bruins but not at the cost of JD let alone with a pick

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The 2021 Caps are also a much stronger team than the 2021 Bruins. Them adding Hall is different than the Bruins doing it. The Bruins are just too many pieces away/inconsistent for me to consider them contenders, regardless of if they are in a playoff spot right now. With injuries and how the season is unfolding, make some hockey deals or deals for players that we want to build around or move on. I'm not a fan of rentals, but this year even more so.

Caps have a losing record against everyone but the Sabres and Devils.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
The only untouchables the Bruins should have in my view Bergey, McAvoy, and Carlo
Carlo.......rotflmao....He is a wet napkin. We have plenty of Dman...We dont need Carlo. Carlo.....lol, Thats hysterical...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

24 years old. His first three seasons he averaged 25 goals per 82 games. I just don't think real hockey people think that a 24 year old is done and over the hill. Especially one that has been forth coming about struggling with the isolation of COVID.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Dont listen to him.....He protects Carlo and not Pasta....That should tell you all you need to know about his hockey smarts...
You are the one that lacks hockey knowledge............this team needs help now, I love watching Pasta but to say you would not listen to offers from any team for your superstars proves how much of a fan you are......you would rather wear a players jersey, while I would rather watch a Cup raised..............

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
You are the one that lacks hockey knowledge............this team needs help now, I love watching Pasta but to say you would not listen to offers from any team for your superstars proves how much of a fan you are......you would rather wear a players jersey, while I would rather watch a Cup raised..............
Have some coffee.....When did i say i would not trade a player.....This was about what you said...Protecting garbage Carlo instead of Pasta...

Have some coffee...wake up and get re read the thread....

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Have some coffee.....When did i say i would not trade a player.....This was about what you said...Protecting garbage Carlo instead of Pasta...

Have some coffee...wake up and get re read the thread....
What is your problem with Carlo ? I think Teams are start out from the back end ,and with the young D they have that could be their strong part of this team going forward........

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
What is your problem with Carlo ? I think Teams are start out from the back end ,and with the young D they have that could be their strong part of this team going forward........
He is a wet napkin......as a number 4 Dman...with a partner better then him...he could be OK .....but he is over rated...Cant score, cant play the point...does not hit a fly...and is injury prone......whats to like ?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad