Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Honestly the worst Superbowl I've ever seen.

Terrible pathetic game that was both low-scoring and somehow never in doubt. The crowd was apparently 95% pro-Patriots. The halftime show was just bad and boring. Even the commercials weren't any good. And freaking Brady and Belichick win AGAIN. Not a single redeeming aspect about the entire thing.

On top of that my whole family has been dealing with colds and flus the last several days.

What a craptastic weekend.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
If Gurley wasn't injured, I'm gonna **** a brick. This garbage league and sustained Bills-terribleness is killing me.

I'm on the brink of not being able to care. I really need a positive season next year, and I'm not optimistic.

Feel free to mock me; I would have done the same a few years ago, but see now how wrong I was. Ugh. UGH.
That realies on Allen developing but I'm not hopeful.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
If Gurley wasn't injured, I'm gonna **** a brick. This garbage league and sustained Bills-terribleness is killing me.

I'm on the brink of not being able to care. I really need a positive season next year, and I'm not optimistic.

Feel free to mock me; I would have done the same a few years ago, but see now how wrong I was. Ugh. UGH.

Its got a really bad weekend for Bills fans. The QB they should have drafted but traded the pick away is named MVP and the Pats win again.

Maybe step away from football for awhile cause the Bills won't be much better next year with the lack of high end FA's available .

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Outside of that defenseless receiver call, I thought they actually let both teams play for the most part. For once I really don’t have any complaints about the officials.

A bunch of no-calls on both teams tonight, IMO.
I watched the Chiefs-Rams MNF tape earlier this week.

If you want to be a conspiracy theorist that thinks officials can completely control games...

It was a lot easier to be a sports fan back in the day when replays and analyzing games were virtually non-existent.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Its got a really bad weekend for Bills fans. The QB they should have drafted but traded the pick away is named MVP and the Pats win again.

Maybe step away from football for awhile cause the Bills won't be much better next year with the lack of high end FA's available .

High end FAs rarely make an impact. So much of FA is scheme fit. Pick up a bunch of guys you think may not have fit a scheme or didn't play due to depth and hope they work out.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

What a crock of shit these assholes are selling. That was the exact plan the previous group had; we had already drafted, developed, and signed a talented roster before this group gutted it and created the salary cap issues that they've been dealing with the past 2 years. That's the equivalent of me burning my house down and then running around telling everyone that I'm homeless from circumstances beyond my control.

I hope we're a legitimate playoff contender next year, because this fan base has been patient but will turn on these guys in hurry if they have another season with double digit losses.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
What a crock of **** these *******s are selling. That was the exact plan the previous group had; we had already drafted, developed, and signed a talented roster before this group gutted it and created the salary cap issues that they've been dealing with the past 2 years. That's the equivalent of me burning my house down and then running around telling everyone that I'm homeless from circumstances beyond my control.

I hope we're a legitimate playoff contender next year, because this fan base has been patient but will turn on these guys in hurry if they have another season with double digit losses.
So.... what should they have said instead? What is false?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What a crock of **** these *******s are selling. That was the exact plan the previous group had; we had already drafted, developed, and signed a talented roster before this group gutted it and created the salary cap issues that they've been dealing with the past 2 years. That's the equivalent of me burning my house down and then running around telling everyone that I'm homeless from circumstances beyond my control.

Really? They had a bloated cap situation full of overpaid dead weight.

Sammy might look fancy, but he didn’t go for 1000 yds in either season since he’s been gone. His best use in the past two seasons has been as a deep threat decoy.

Marcell Dareus is a joke. If he’s not cut by the Jags, he’s a candidate.

When Mike Gillislee left people lamented how great he would be with New England... and he got cut from them after giving us compensation to sign him.

Clay is a holdover who is likely cut. A TE averaging around $8-$9M per year??? That’s a joke.

Whaley and Rex tried to save their jobs on the fly with no plan from the start. There was no coherence.

McDermott & Beane are totally on the same page and have had a 4yr plan that is entering year 3. Year one was tear down. Year two was find a quarterback. Year 3 is build around the quarterback. Year 4 will he solidify and begin consistent contention. It’s not guaranteed, but they’ve got a good game plan and it makes sense.

Now, they aren’t stacked with talent and they have work to do. But their rookie quarterback showed some major improvement as the season moved along. Guys will notice that. Ja’Wuan James from Miami probably remembers Josh Allen going for 5TD’s on his team in the last game of the season. If Buffalo offers him some big tackle money, he could be a prime candidate for UFA.

Signing a center like Mitch Morse, or Matt Paradis would do wonders to solidify the middle. And there are draft options if one of those players cannot be had.

Guys like Randall Cobb, Adam Humphries, Cole Beasley, could be sneaky slot receiver additions that could really help.

The defense is strong, we have a possible franchise quarterback, and the management & coaching seems competent.

Also, Allen seems to have really hit his stride with the addition of Barkley and Anderson in the QB room.

It’s an off-season with a lot of cap space, solid picks, and a fresh start to find pieces to fit the style they want to play with Allen at the helm.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL mock draft: Updated 4-round projections with trades

By: Luke Easterling

9. Buffalo Bills | D.K. Metcalf | WR | Ole Miss

This pick has to be all about helping Josh Allen, whether that’s finding him a stud blocker or a premier playmaker. In this scenario, the latter gives Buffalo the better value. Metcalf has an ideal size/athleticism combo, and is reportedly fully recovered from a neck injury that ended his 2018 campaign prematurely.

40. Buffalo Bills | David Edwards | OT | Wisconsin
74. Buffalo Bills | Elgton Jenkins | OL | Mississippi State
105. Buffalo Bills | Isaiah Johnson | CB | Houston
124. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Devin Singletary | RB | FAU

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Pro Football Focus recently released their Top 50 Free Agents based on their own player grades, and there is one glaring trend.

PFF’s Top 50 list leans heavily toward the defensive side of the ball. In fact, every one of their top 10 free agents is a defensive player. Pro Football Focus recognized the theme in their free agent contingent.

2019 is the year to be in need of edge and safety help, but not quite the offseason to pick up talent on the offensive side of the ball.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL mock draft: First-round projection after Super Bowl

Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz

Now that Super Bowl LIII is wrapped up, the full order for the first round of the NFL draft officially has been set. And while free agency is still more than a month away and will greatly reshape teams' needs ahead of the draft, the NFL scouting combine is just weeks away from kicking off in Indianapolis.

With less than three months until the first round begins in Nashville, here's our latest projection for the first round:

9. Bills — Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama: With a 52.8 percent completion rate and just 10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions as a rookie, Josh Allen often looked lost and in need of a better supporting cast. Williams is a polished blocker who could afford the developing quarterback some all-important comfort in the pocket.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
So.... what should they have said instead? What is false?

There is nothing else they should or could have said, that post was just my cynicism showing through. But the plan of drafting, developing, and 'smart' FA spending has been the plan for every regime since Butler left our cap situation in shambles 20 years ago. Hopefully it works out this time :dunno:

Really? They had a bloated cap situation full of overpaid dead weight.

Sammy might look fancy, but he didn’t go for 1000 yds in either season since he’s been gone. His best use in the past two seasons has been as a deep threat decoy.

Marcell Dareus is a joke. If he’s not cut by the Jags, he’s a candidate.

When Mike Gillislee left people lamented how great he would be with New England... and he got cut from them after giving us compensation to sign him.

Clay is a holdover who is likely cut. A TE averaging around $8-$9M per year??? That’s a joke.

Whaley and Rex tried to save their jobs on the fly with no plan from the start. There was no coherence.

McDermott & Beane are totally on the same page and have had a 4yr plan that is entering year 3. Year one was tear down. Year two was find a quarterback. Year 3 is build around the quarterback. Year 4 will he solidify and begin consistent contention. It’s not guaranteed, but they’ve got a good game plan and it makes sense.

Now, they aren’t stacked with talent and they have work to do. But their rookie quarterback showed some major improvement as the season moved along. Guys will notice that. Ja’Wuan James from Miami probably remembers Josh Allen going for 5TD’s on his team in the last game of the season. If Buffalo offers him some big tackle money, he could be a prime candidate for UFA.

Signing a center like Mitch Morse, or Matt Paradis would do wonders to solidify the middle. And there are draft options if one of those players cannot be had.

Guys like Randall Cobb, Adam Humphries, Cole Beasley, could be sneaky slot receiver additions that could really help.

The defense is strong, we have a possible franchise quarterback, and the management & coaching seems competent.

Also, Allen seems to have really hit his stride with the addition of Barkley and Anderson in the QB room.

It’s an off-season with a lot of cap space, solid picks, and a fresh start to find pieces to fit the style they want to play with Allen at the helm.

This is very pro-bills view on the state of affairs. I'm not going to argue individual points, but I'll just say that there is a lot more in the negative column so far with these guys than in the positive.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Pro Football Focus recently released their Top 50 Free Agents based on their own player grades, and there is one glaring trend.

PFF’s Top 50 list leans heavily toward the defensive side of the ball. In fact, every one of their top 10 free agents is a defensive player. Pro Football Focus recognized the theme in their free agent contingent.

2019 is the year to be in need of edge and safety help, but not quite the offseason to pick up talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I love PFF & this totally backs up my thinking.

Bills should make some smart adds but leave themselves enough cap to attack the market next year when hopefully a better crop of players on the offensive side of the ball are available...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Three-round 2019 NFL mock draft 1.0: Kyler Murray to Broncos

By Chad Reuter - Draft Analyst

2rmnvyx.jpg

33p3bec.jpg

2hqc952.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.