Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I'd take Greg Little or Jonah Williams at 9/10. There's no receiver worth that pick.

For the rest of the OL, free agency could work. Trent Brown or Daryl Williams (if the Bills think his knee is ok) solidifies the line. Sign Ali Marpet at center, slide Dawkins to guard, and let Teller/Miller/rookies battle for the last position.

I'd look at a receiver in round two, or a free agent like Tyrell Williams. Someone who can stretch the field. TE would also be a big find.

Address defense in free agency. All the best free agents are are defense.
Marpet signed an extension in Tampa.

I’m definitely interested in what the Bills could get with their $85 million, though.

Despite already having 10 picks*, I’d still like to trade down if you can find a partner. Even if that meant a trade back up somewhere else.

Round 1 = OT Taylor or Little (around pick 15-16)
Round 1 = WR Kelvin Harmon (use added picks to move back up)
Round 3 = C Garret Bradberry
Round 4 = DT Chris Slayton
Round 4 = TE

Still 5 picks to go to create some true competition on the roster.

Dawkins or RND1 OT play RT for now. Bradberry should be able to beat out Groy and Bodine from day 1. Slayton is underrated in my mind (biased SU fan).

QB - Allen
RB - McCoy
WR - Harmon
WR - Foster
WR - Jones
TE - Croom
LT - Dawkins
LG - FA signing
C - Bradberry
RG - Teller
RT - 1st round pick

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Williams and Nelson don't play the same position. At the moment, I also prefer the OL/WR draft plan, but I'd also be okay with DL. We'll have to see what they manage to get in FA. The only top prospect that I think is a trap from a roster-building perspective is Greedy. I think the secondary has shown it can perform plenty well without a top-10 pick opposite White. Obviously a trade-down would be ideal, but the Giants and Jaguars pick ahead of us. Maybe hope for a Davenport-like trade.

I realise this but I think skill sets required for T/G are at least comparable. Nelson is phenomenal IMO for me he's a big part of what indy have been able to do.

I'd love a player like him for the bills but I just see the bigger weakness at T currently as opposed to G. As someone else put it well - Mills is a turd.

I also think the idea of trading back if it means the chance at getting both first round grade OL & WR.

I also think they might go for a stud TE in the draft over WR - if they are really following the Panthers model from a few years ago. If they do that it would also be good to find our McCaffrey at some point in the future...

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
it’s the Dolphins but this win was entirely meaningless. Ideally Buffalo would have picked 4-6 and really been in position to trade down. I still think they are in good position to trade down and hopefully pick up a couple decent picks this year and next.

Realistically, Buffalo NEEDS 1 starting WR, a 2-4WR, almost an entire offensive line, a TE, and a RB. That’s only the offense.

The Bills defense was fairly successful this year in part due to vets playing very well (Kyle, Zo, Hughes, Secondary) and rookies stepping up. IMO, Buffalo could realistically fill holes (DT, LB mainly) in the later rounds and FA.

McBeane have shown the ability to identify quality CBs in the draft. That’s encouraging. At the end of the day, though, Buffalo must do a full and complete renovation of the offense. For the record, I do think they will over this off season and next.

The only core guys who should be coming back are Allen, Zay, Dawkins, and Shady. Foster/McKenzie are nice pieces to fill out the depth WR spots but they’re definitely not core guys.

With 10 picks and a ton of money coming off the cap this offseason will be intriguing to say the least.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Foster is absolutely a core piece. Dude has been fantastic the second half of the season. He is arguably more impactful then Zay was.

And it seems through their rookie years Allen definitely beat Rosen.

Rosen 11 total tds (all pass), 19 turnovers. More sacks taken, less YPG, slightly better completion %.

Allen had 16 turnovers but 18 total tds in 2 less starts, 17 less sacks, higher ypg (not saying much) and nearly 5x as many rush yards. Rosen had the better offensive talent (again not saying much the Cards are horrid offensively too but still the surrounding talent did not matter)

Clearly Allen was more impressive then Rosen. At the very least Allen is going to be a starter in this league solely due to his legs. He is arguably the best running QB in the league already.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Foster is absolutely a core piece. Dude has been fantastic the second half of the season. He is arguably more impactful then Zay was.

And it seems through their rookie years Allen definitely beat Rosen.

Rosen 11 total tds (all pass), 19 turnovers. More sacks taken, less YPG, slightly better completion %.

Allen had 16 turnovers but 18 total tds in 2 less starts, 17 less sacks, higher ypg (not saying much) and nearly 5x as many rush yards. Rosen had the better offensive talent (again not saying much the Cards are horrid offensively too but still the surrounding talent did not matter)

Clearly Allen was more impressive then Rosen. At the very least Allen is going to be a starter in this league solely due to his legs. He is arguably the best running QB in the league already.

I think Allen only had 14 turnovers, 2 fumbles and 12 INTs.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Marino's Mock Draft 4.0 - The Draft Network

JOE MARINO - DECEMBER 31, 2018

Welcome to draft season! If you are reading this, chances are your team did not qualify for the playoffs and it’s time to shift your focus to how they can get there. The good news is that you’ve come to the right place. At TDN, it’s always draft season.

We’re excited to guide you through the draft process with comprehensive coverage and a ton of big plans coming your way in the coming months. For now, sit back and let’s talk about what prospects your team could be targeting so they can be playing football beyond Week 17.

9. Buffalo Bills

DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
Josh Allen took major strides throughout the course of his rookie season and making sure his weaponry is loaded in Year Two is critical for his development. Metcalf offers exceptional physical traits and exciting nuance for a prospect that is just 20-years-old. He has the upside to become one of the NFL’s premier receivers and is the type of game-changing playmaker Buffalo’s offense needs.

40. Buffalo Bills: Garrett Bradburry, C, NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->