Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills sign free agent C-G Spencer Long to three-year deal

Both GM Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott made it clear at the close of the 2018 season that they were going to seek to make improvements on Buffalo’s offensive line. On Tuesday, Buffalo took a first step in accomplishing that signing free agent offensive lineman Spencer Long to a three-year contract Tuesday, a week after he was released by the New York Jets.

Bills re-sign CB Lafayette Pitts

The Bills continued to tick names off their own free agent list on Tuesday. Buffalo re-signed CB Lafayette Pitts to a one-year extension.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Maurice Jones-Drew 2019 NFL mock draft: Kyler Murray to Jags

Ten weeks out from the 2019 NFL Draft, I'm taking my first crack at predicting how Round 1 will play out. Quarterbacks? Yeah, I have four of them flying off the board in an eight-pick span. Quarterback hunters? Oh, yeah -- this draft class is fully stocked, as you can see in my initial forecast of the first 32 selections ...

312wems.jpg

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Could be a replacement for Groy I suppose. Money seemed a lot that's all.

Bodine also still on the books for next year too...
Depending on the structure of the deal. It could be a Ducasse replacement. Long was bad, but under a new coach he might be asked to do more things that he is comfortable with.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

:skeptic:

I hope we still go after Paradis...

There's an explanation for the bad snaps. Bowles is channeling Housley.

The Jets had hoped Long would stabilize the center position, a weakness since Nick Mangold stopped playing in 2016, but the plan didn't materialize. Long played the second half of the season with a tendon injury in his right (snapping) hand, which affected his performance.
The low point came in a Week 9 loss to the Miami Dolphins during which Long was off-target on at least seven shotgun snaps. Then-Jets coach Todd Bowles didn't pull him until late in the game, resulting in a torrent of criticism. Long never played center again. When he returned to the lineup two weeks later, he played left guard, where he stayed for the rest of the season.
Bills sign ex-Jet Long to bolster offensive line

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Coverage of 2019 NFL Scouting Combine Expands to More Platforms Than Ever

NFL Network Provides Live Coverage of On-Field Drills Friday, March 1 – Monday, March 4

For the First Time Ever, ABC to Broadcast Live Coverage of Quarterback & Wide Receiver Workouts Saturday, March 2 at 1:00 PM ET

Joe Thomas & Kyle Williams Join NFL Network's Live Coverage of Combine Workouts

One-Hour 'Combine Wrap-Up Shows' on NFL.com Friday – Monday

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just heard Kiper on the afternoon drive show in nyc describe Allen’s season as impressive (forget exact superlative he used)...it was in passing in a discussion on Kyler Murray and the Giants’ drafting...but was interesting to hear someone not invested speak so highly of his rookie season

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
That... seems a lot if its for someone expecting to act as a backup.

Does this kill any chance the Bills had of going after Paradis?

Its not bad really. He signed a 4 year deal for $27m last year and was hurt for a good portion of last year so his play wasn't great. At worst hes a guy who can play backup center or guard or could even be a starter at those positions. The Jets released him because he was owed a $3m roster bonus.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just heard Kiper on the afternoon drive show in nyc describe Allen’s season as impressive (forget exact superlative he used)...it was in passing in a discussion on Kyler Murray and the Giants’ drafting...but was interesting to hear someone not invested speak so highly of his rookie season
It really was an impressive rookie season. The four things I really like about Allen are:

- His willingness to stay in the pocket, take a hit, and make a play. If a QB cant do this, he wont make it in the league.

- His ability to throw on the run. He makes some Rodgers-esque throws while scrambling. It's encouraging as f***.

- He can use his legs to make plays. I didnt know he can run like he does. That makes him dynamic as f***. And he's learned quickly to slide at the right moment.

- finally, Leadership. The kid's attitude is contagious, and the team will rally behind him.

He has his flaws, but I'm a hell of a lot more optimistic than I was at the start of the season.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Maurice Jones-Drew 2019 NFL mock draft: Kyler Murray to Jags

Ten weeks out from the 2019 NFL Draft, I'm taking my first crack at predicting how Round 1 will play out. Quarterbacks? Yeah, I have four of them flying off the board in an eight-pick span. Quarterback hunters? Oh, yeah -- this draft class is fully stocked, as you can see in my initial forecast of the first 32 selections ...

312wems.jpg

Wouldn't be mad with the pick after seeing that picture of him with his shirt off. Dude looks like a DE. In seriousness though, if he runs and catches well, he could be a very nice piece to add to this young group of freak athletes they're building. And after reading this very neat article, it sounds like his neck injury is not likely to cause any long term issues.

DK Metcalf | Will neck injury cause him to slide in the 2019 NFL Draft?

The rest of this mock draft though... what a doozy. Josh Jacobs at 5, Quinnen Williams at 14, Ed Oliver at 21, no CBs until the mid 20's, woof.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think Long is better than he showed in NY last season.

IIRC he had a pretty good 2017 season, and I know in 2016 he was ranked #9 overall in pass protection (by PFF) and his overall rank was #29 out of 72 qualified linemen.

He can also play guard, so it doesn’t eliminate the Bills from the Matt Paradis sweepstakes, but it’s a nice insurance policy no matter what. Paradis will have his pick of a number of teams.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Wouldn't be mad with the pick after seeing that picture of him with his shirt off. Dude looks like a DE. In seriousness though, if he runs and catches well, he could be a very nice piece to add to this young group of freak athletes they're building. And after reading this very neat article, it sounds like his neck injury is not likely to cause any long term issues.

DK Metcalf | Will neck injury cause him to slide in the 2019 NFL Draft?

The rest of this mock draft though... what a doozy. Josh Jacobs at 5, Quinnen Williams at 14, Ed Oliver at 21, no CBs until the mid 20's, woof.

Mocking a mock? Shame on you. ;)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills Pre-Combine 7-Round Mock Draft - The Draft Network

JOE MARINO - FEBRUARY 13, 2019

A critical offseason looms for the Bills who have 10 picks in the coming draft and the third-most salary cap space available in the league. With a top-5 defense in place, Buffalo has some patches to fill there but the priority is building the offense around quarterback Josh Allen. While free agency should allow Buffalo to fill needs, particularly on the offensive line, the draft will feature plenty of opportunities for the Bills to infuse the roster with even more young talent.

In order to make these selections, I fired up The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Machine, which releases to the public on February 25th. You can draft for one team, two teams, heck, you can draft for all 32 teams if you’d like. Make sure to keep your eye out for the launch!

Round 1, Pick No.9: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
Round 2, Pick No. 40: JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
Round 3, Pick No. 75: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
Round 4, Pick No. 106: Beau Benzschawel, IOL, Wisconsin
Round 4, Pick No. 125: Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas
Round 5, Pick No. 137: Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
Round 5, Pick No. 148: Blace Brown, CB, Troy
Round 6, Pick No. 168: Darwin Thompson, RB, Utah State
Round 7, Pick No. 203: Ben Banogu, EDGE, TCU
Round 7, Pick No. 206: Qadree Ollison, RB, Pittsburgh

*REMINDER*: You can play general manager for your favorite team too when Mock Draft Machine releases to the public on February 25th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->