Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I prefer the trade back and take a WR option, but it would be hard for anyone to criticize this move. Unless he ends up being a redux of the last first round tackle the bills took whose name was also Williams.
What WRs do you like preferably ? I really like DK Metcalf...big high upside WR. I also like Marquis Brown as the quick precise route runner and deep threat. Metcalf would be the only WR I would consider where we are at or with a minimal trade down ala Redskins.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
What WRs do you like preferably ? I really like DK Metcalf...big high upside WR. I also like Marquis Brown as the quick precise route runner and deep threat. Metcalf would be the only WR I would consider where we are at or with a minimal trade down ala Redskins.
Marquise Brown is my favorite by a lot. You just can’t teach that elite speed, could have Tyreek Hill type upside. I think receivers like that are the direction we’re trending. Metcalf seems to be the guy that’s getting touted most as having a first round grade, that injury is hella scary though.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I like the Dorsey pickup.

He was on the 2001 Hurricanes team that has to be the most stacked team ever: Philip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Najeh Davenport, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, William Joseph, Bryant McKinnie, Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolle, Jeremy Shockey, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Kellen Winslow Jr, Eric Winston. Crazy.

Last edited:

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Marquise Brown is my favorite by a lot. You just can’t teach that elite speed, could have Tyreek Hill type upside. I think receivers like that are the direction we’re trending. Metcalf seems to be the guy that’s getting touted most as having a first round grade, that injury is hella scary though.
How about both? That would be a killer tandem...ideally assuming the Metcalf injury doesnt linger..Wishful thinking here. It would be awesome watching Josh air it out from the 20 to Brown on a fly route.

Reactions: Husko

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

He was on the 2001 Hurricanes team that has to be the most stacked team ever: Philip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Najeh Davenport, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, William Joseph, Bryant McKinnir, Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolled, Jeremy Shocked, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Kellen Winslow Jr, Eric Winston. Crazy.
Holy. f***ing. Shit.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
AAF is pretty decent. NFL needs to adopt:

1) no kickoffs
2) mic the review officials. That Benjamin-Pats call would probably be different if people know they're mic's.

Bills should sign Gilbert. We all know his dad was what drove the 1990s team, so let him take his dad's position.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Former UB player Matt Weiser with a 2 point conversion!

NFL should also dump extra points.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

He was on the 2001 Hurricanes team that has to be the most stacked team ever: Philip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Najeh Davenport, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, William Joseph, Bryant McKinnie, Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolle, Jeremy Shockey, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Kellen Winslow Jr, Eric Winston. Crazy.

yeah not hard when that one booster who got busted was paying nearly all of those players/paying their families. Was so happy to see OSU beat them in the championship in 03. Not that OSU is not another dirty college.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm on board for drafting the Incredible Hulk.
He gives me some David Boston vibes. I generally think the best size for a reciever is lanky. Short speedsters like Hill are great but I don't know that Allen wouldn't overthrow them. Tall, stocky guys like Metcalf could get a lot of receptions, but I don't know about their durability or game-changing abilities.

I don't know who the 6'3, skinnier WR prospect is this year but that'd be who I want.

EDIT: Upon further review, it looks like no one fits into that built in terms of Day One guys. I guess I'd favor Metcalf if we went WR first round (which we absolutely should if we trade down).

David Sills would be an interesting 3rd round guy to consider as well.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Premature for a list of free agents before the franchise tag deadline, but here's another anyway.

NFL free agents 2019: Ranking top 50 players available, predicting possible landing spots for Le'Veon Bell, Nick Foles, Dee Ford, DeMarcus Lawrence, more

8tQKR4ou

By Matt Lombardo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NFL free agency officially begins when the new league year gets underway on March 13, when several of the top players will be free to sign with any team they wish.

Big changes could be coming for running back Le'Veon Bell, wide receiver Antonio Brown, Super Bowl LII MVP quarterback Nick Foles, and pass rushers such as Dee Fordand DeMarcus Lawrence.

Who are the top-50 free agents? Where might they sign? Here's a look at our latest rankings, and potential landing spots for the top players, who could be on the move:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
AFC East rookie grades: Sam Darnold gives Jets reason to hope

The 2018 NFL season is in the books, meaning the 2019 NFL Draft is coming down the pike. But before we completely shift focus to the next crop of prospects entering the league, let's take full stock of the rookies who just finished up Year 1. In this division-by-division Rookie Grades series, we're evaluating each team's 2018 draft class and spotlighting areas to address this offseason. Nick Shook examines the AFC East below.

fmjuv5.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Last week, we made the case for signing a veteran center in free agency rather than drafting one to start right away. This week, we’ll profile the top options at the position as voted by you, the readership at Buffalo Rumblings. In our hypothetical look at the center market if the Bills were to cut Russell Bodine, the overwhelming majority of you (485 voters out of 811 total votes) wanted the Bills to sign Matt Paradis, who has played with the Denver Broncos for the past four seasons. (The second-place finisher in that poll, Kansas City Chiefs center Mitch Morse, will also be profiled in a separate article.)

Paradis would seem to be the golden goose of the free agent class, at least at his position. The former sixth-round draft choice has far exceeded the expectations that come with that label throughout his professional career. Here is some background information on the man whose Twitter handle (@two_dice) also serves as a (somewhat accurate) pronunciation guide for his last name, which is pronounced PARE-uh-diss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad