Bills: Offseason - 1st Pick DT Ed Oliver, 2nd Pick OT Cody Ford, 3rd Pick RB Devin Singletary

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Erick Flowers.

Less then 48 hours.

My wish is Ed Oliver at #9. If he is gone then I am hoping for a trade down to the mid teens to pick up an extra 2nd and take Metcalf or an Iowa TE there.

I just do not want an OL in the 1st.

Current OL on roster: Morse, Bodine, Long, Boettger, Ducasse, Spain, Teller, Dawkins, McDermott, Nsehke, Waddle and Sirles.

Obviously a handful of those guys are nothing special and likely cuts but as is there are almost 10 OL that are almost assuredly going to make the 53 man roster. OL are always available in free agency. Use FA OL to plug the line and use your top 10 draft pick on high end talent.
I am with you on this one....I think our pick is going to be one of Oliver, Metcalf or Hockenson. My gut is telling me it will be Metcalf...but If Oliver is on board, that would be my pick. I also really like Devin Bush Michigan but think if we go Defense, the pick will be an Edge Rusher or Interior Lineman.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
If Oliver is there at 9, I'd jump on him. He's got the skills to be a great 3-tech which I think this team really lacks without Kyle Williams now. He almost certainly won't drop that far, and the Bills are not in a position to trade up.

I expect they'll take Jawaan Taylor with the Bills hoping he quickly supplants Dawkins.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Sal mentioned today that dropping down to the 15 range will get you a 3rd and 5th, dropping down into the low-mid twenties will get you a second and dropping down into the later 20's will get you a 1st next year.

I am all for dropping down as long as you can still get a very good player in the first like Wilkins then you will be able to have more ammunition to move back up into the first round to get another impactful player such as Fant. This is not the year where they need 12 picks.

Erick Flowers.

Less then 48 hours.

My wish is Ed Oliver at #9. If he is gone then I am hoping for a trade down to the mid teens to pick up an extra 2nd and take Metcalf or an Iowa TE there.

Current OL on roster: Morse, Bodine, Long, Boettger, Ducasse, Spain, Teller, Dawkins, McDermott, Nsehke, Waddle and Sirles.

Obviously a handful of those guys are nothing special and likely cuts but as is there are almost 10 OL that are almost assuredly going to make the 53 man roster. OL are always available in free agency. Use FA OL to plug the line and use your top 10 draft pick on high end talent.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If the Bills are only getting back a 3+5 for moving from 9 to say 14-17 then I pass. Only way I move down from 9 and only get a 3 back is if it is moving down from 9 to say 11, maybe 12. If I am going from 9 to 13-16 I would demand a 2nd. 17-21 I would want a 2nd+4, 22-25 a 2nd+3 and 26-32 It would have to be a 2020 1st and possibly a 3rd or 4th.

I value Clark as equivalent to a pick in the 15-20 range.He returned a late 1st, a 2020 2nd and a swap of 3s. OBJ essentially returned #17 and Peppers (who even though is a recent 1st round pick he possibly wouldn't even go in the 1st again as a redraft). If a superstar WR returns #17 and say a high 2nd rounder, and a star pass rusher returns a late 1st and a 2nd then the #9 pick holds immense value. We got a 1st in the next draft, and a 3rd to drop from 10 to 27. If possible I would look to replicate that type of trade down. Go from 9 to the mid 20s for a 2019 3rd and 2020 1st. If its a QB they are targetting then I would extract a premium and demand a 2020 1st and their 2019 2nd if we are moving from 9 to say 25.

Well, we will know soon enough.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Erick Flowers.

Less then 48 hours.

How many of those guys outside Morse are proven good quality starters?

As you say - a few of these guys will be cut & others will just be there as backup / depth.

Im all in on Hockenson but will be happy with any of the top OTs they could select at 9 with Jonah being my favourite.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

As you say - a few of these guys will be cut & others will just be there as backup / depth.

Im all in on Hockenson but will be happy with any of the top OTs they could select at 9 with Jonah being my favourite.

While I like their moves, I agree. The signings got us from 'worst in the league' to average, if not below average.

Five most improved NFL offensive lines after free agency

upload_2019-4-24_7-46-11.png

A lot hinges on:
  • Is Teller actually a starter? Can he take a step forward in year #2
  • Can Long handle the RG role?
  • Can Nsekhe maintain his good performance over a larger sample size?

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
They paid Trey Nsehke starter money even if he is the swing tackle. So if they go OL that is why I think they go with someone with position versatility like Williams or Risner. Although I like Dillard best.

I Think Hockenson is going to Jacksonville or Detroit right before us especially with guys like Sweat and Gary falling out of the top 10 now.

Wilkens, Metcalf, and Murphy are good candidates if you move back a little.

Who are your favorite 2nd-3rd round receivers? Mine is Deebo Samuel. And give me Anthony Johnson in the fourth or fifth.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
How many of those guys outside Morse are proven good quality starters

I view the OL situation this year as being similar to the CB2 situation. As in, if we were relying on any one of Wallace, Johnson, or Gaines to be our CB2, we'd probably be in some trouble. Having the platoon protects against injury and individual down years. So if we were relying on Long and Teller, that would be concerning. But we also have Spain and Sirles. Likewise we aren't just relying on Dawkins and Nkeshe, we also have Waddle.

That said, I wouldn't let the likelihood of a competent line in 2019 prevent us from drafting an OL if he is by far the BPA. Most of our FAs are on short term deals. Building long-term strength at OL is important. I think it might work best to draft one of the 2nd round guys that could use a year in a part-time role, anyway (Howard, McGary, Little, etc).

Who are your favorite 2nd-3rd round receivers? Mine is Deebo Samuel. And give me Anthony Johnson in the fourth or fifth.

Hmm, well the thing is I think almost every WR in this class is a 2nd rounder at best. So to me this question includes every WR except Metcalf. But anyway I like Harry, Butler, A Brown, M Brown, JJAW, and Isabella.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
They paid Trey Nsehke starter money even if he is the swing tackle. So if they go OL that is why I think they go with someone with position versatility like Williams or Risner. Although I like Dillard best.

I Think Hockenson is going to Jacksonville or Detroit right before us especially with guys like Sweat and Gary falling out of the top 10 now.

Wilkens, Metcalf, and Murphy are good candidates if you move back a little.

RE drafting a top tackle - also very possible Dawkins could switch to guard.

I think the CB2 situation is a lot stronger than OL. Gaines was very good 2 years ago the only question is health. Wallace was also impressive toward the end of last season albeit a smaller sample size. That's also not taking into account for Johnson who could totally fail & wouldn't hurt the team IMO.

I rank 'team needs' as follows:
TE (biggest area of need)
OL
WR
DT (least area of need,, while still being a need)

Every other position I'd describe as 'not an area of need'.

I hope that a Gerald McCoy deal is done as speculated by some & although it won't happen I'd also like to see Shady moved & a RB drafted in the mid rounds.

RE potential WRs - other than those already mentioned what do you guys think about Parris Campbell?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The guys have returned ahead of the NFL Draft to put together the second annual PodMock, which has Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn playing the role of GM, fielding trade calls, and selecting players for the first 15 teams in the NFL Draft. How does the board fall for the Buffalo Bills at 9, and what should we be thinking about heading into the 2019 NFL Draft on Thursday? This episode has all that and more.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Sal mentioned today that dropping down to the 15 range will get you a 3rd and 5th, dropping down into the low-mid twenties will get you a second and dropping down into the later 20's will get you a 1st next year.

I am all for dropping down as long as you can still get a very good player in the first like Wilkins then you will be able to have more ammunition to move back up into the first round to get another impactful player such as Fant. This is not the year where they need 12 picks.

I'd think dropping to 15 would net more than that. If they're dropping to 15 it means the Redskins are trying to jump Denver and Cinci for their QB. That's three teams bidding for the same pick, if not others as well.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Listening to a lot of local sports radio down here in the metro NYC area, it’s rumored that the Jets really like Oliver. Not that that means a whole lot since rumors are a-plenty at this stage, but just throwing it out there.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
By the skin of his teeth Oliver wins with 50% of the vote. Taylor gets the add.

HF Bills Big Board #5

1. Bosa (55%)
2. Williams (77%)
3. Allen (58%)
4. Oliver (50%)
I went with Brown again.

That said, the Jonah Williams idea is really growing on me. His position flexibility to start out as a guard or RT (Depending in which of our value FA signings falls flat) then someday hopefully supplant Dawkins is intriguing. He might be my favorite OL option at this point.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My board for the Bills (included a few extra in case of a trade down):

1. DE Nick Bosa
2. DT Quinnen Williams
3. OLB Josh Allen
4. DT Ed Oliver
5. TE T.J. Hockenson
6. OT Jawaan Taylor
7. OT Jonah Williams
8. DE Rashan Gary
9. DE Montez Sweat
10. DT Christian Wilkins
11. OT Andre Dillard
12. DE Clelin Ferrell
13. WR D.K. Metcalf
14. TE Noah Fant
15. WR Marquise Brown

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
RE drafting a top tackle - also very possible Dawkins could switch to guard.

I think the CB2 situation is a lot stronger than OL. Gaines was very good 2 years ago the only question is health. Wallace was also impressive toward the end of last season albeit a smaller sample size. That's also not taking into account for Johnson who could totally fail & wouldn't hurt the team IMO.

I rank 'team needs' as follows:
TE (biggest area of need)
OL
WR
DT (least area of need,, while still being a need)

Every other position I'd describe as 'not an area of need'.

I hope that a Gerald McCoy deal is done as speculated by some & although it won't happen I'd also like to see Shady moved & a RB drafted in the mid rounds.

RE potential WRs - other than those already mentioned what do you guys think about Parris Campbell?

If they don't trade for G.McCoy, who is going to replace Kyle Williams' production? Kroft and Croom can certainly fill the "void" left by Clay, and there were massive additions at both WR and OL, but zero at DT. I'd be fine with McCoy, but I'd prefer the upside of a draft pick to continue building their young defense.

Also want to mention that Daboll has almost no history of relying on TE, outside of one year with the Browns where Ben Watson was his best receiving option followed by Mohamed Massaquoi and Peyton Hillis. They went 5-11. I don't think TE will ever be a big need in the eyes of this coaching staff. Worthy of a 2nd or 3rd where the value makes sense? Sure. But not top 10 when there are potential gamebreakers available at positions of higher value.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Bills at 9=1350

pick around 13-15 is 1050-1150
pick #50 us 400

could get a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th.

price for QB would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->