Bills: Offseason - 1st Pick DT Ed Oliver, 2nd Pick OT Cody Ford, 3rd Pick RB Devin Singletary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Sorry have too many nightmares about Maybin fitting still. But I do like JA2.

Scheme fit doesn't matter much with Allen. He's such a beast. A good DC would put him where his talent is best utilized. Plus the Bills have never drafted a bad player named Josh Allen before. Go with the track record.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Here is my thoughts D Day minus 2.

Too expensive to move up.

If Oliver, QW, or other target are not there at 9 trade down if the opportunity is there. Then get Wilkins, Fant, Metcalf or other 2nd tier player on board.

If no trade down opportunities take best OL on board. I like Dillard slightly better than Williams.

Last edited:

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Jerry Tillery would be a very interesting name in a trade down scenario. If Oliver isn't there at 9 I'd be with fine moving down, grabbing Tillery, and then going skill in rounds 2-3 where its going to be loaded with options at WR and TE.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If it's a forgone conclusion we're going D, I actually think I prefer Sweat to Oliver. More productive in college and just unteachable freak of nature measurables. He'd be a perfect fit in the defense, too, given McDermott's love for stunts. I also think, given his love for position flexibility, he wouldn't let Sweat's athleticism go to waste, and we would see him in a variety of positions. Hell, he could even be the longterm replacement for Lorenzo, eventually lining up at SLB on running downs and edge rusher when we're in nickel.

Reactions: Onry

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Bill's Live Throwing Darts Gang Of 8 Mock Draft. Each guy picked 4 alternating players.

Tasker - J. Williams OL Ala
Murphy - Metcalf WR Miss St.
Tasker - Dillard OT Wash St.
Murphy - Oliver DL Houston
Tasker - Hockenson TE Iowa
Murphy - Sweat DE Miss St.
Tasker - Gary DL Mich
Murphy - Wilkins DT Clem

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
If it's a forgone conclusion we're going D, I actually think I prefer Sweat to Oliver. More productive in college and just unteachable freak of nature measurables. He'd be a perfect fit in the defense, too, given McDermott's love for stunts. I also think, given his love for position flexibility, he wouldn't let Sweat's athleticism go to waste, and we would see him in a variety of positions. Hell, he could even be the longterm replacement for Lorenzo, eventually lining up at SLB on running downs and edge rusher when we're in nickel.

The scuttlebutt is that Sweat might drop in the draft with a possibility of being drafted in the 2nd round due to his heart condition.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I could see this play out unfortunately. I just don't see DE or LB as any kind of need at the moment.

If McBeane wants versatility:

Jonah Williams - could play either tackle or guard probably very well

Hockenson - helps the passing game also helps the running game.

If picking at 9 these are the two I'm Most comfortable with.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
And with 10 votes in, Quinnen Williams wins with 80% of the vote. The Hock gets the add.

HF Bills Big Board #3

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State (55%)
  2. Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama (80%)
With 8 votes in we have our winner. Josh Allen wins with 63% of the vote. Jonah Williams gets the add.

HF Bills Big Board #4

3. Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Kentucky (63%)

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
With 8 votes in we have our winner. Josh Allen wins with 63% of the vote. Jonah Williams gets the add.

HF Bills Big Board #4

3. Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Kentucky (63%)
Won't be a popular pick, and I reckon I'll be voting for him for awhile, but I went with Marquise Brown. Add Taylor

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Won't be a popular pick, and I reckon I'll be voting for him for awhile, but I went with Marquise Brown. Add Taylor

I know it's your poll, but I honestly see zero reason for him to be on the poll at this point while only one offensive lineman is.

My big board for the Bills (9 deep) looks like this:

1.) Nick Bosa
2.) Quinnen Williams
3.) Josh Allen
4.) Ed Oliver
5.) TJ Hockenson
6.) Jonah Williams
7.) Jawaan Taylor
8.) Montez Sweat
9.) Noah Fant

I just simply see no reason for the Bills to look at WR at 9.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I know it's your poll, but I honestly see zero reason for him to be on the poll at this point while only one offensive lineman is.

My big board for the Bills (9 deep) looks like this:

1.) Nick Bosa
2.) Quinnen Williams
3.) Josh Allen
4.) Ed Oliver
5.) TJ Hockenson
6.) Jonah Williams
7.) Jawaan Taylor
8.) Montez Sweat
9.) Noah Fant

I just simply see no reason for the Bills to look at WR at 9.
He’s in the poll because he got the most adds in a previous poll.

As for oline, I’ve been trying to add Taylor for a couple but no one else is.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Worst Bill's DL draft Bust, Washington, Maybin, or McCargo ?

Erick Flowers.

Less then 48 hours.

My wish is Ed Oliver at #9. If he is gone then I am hoping for a trade down to the mid teens to pick up an extra 2nd and take Metcalf or an Iowa TE there.

I just do not want an OL in the 1st.

Current OL on roster: Morse, Bodine, Long, Boettger, Ducasse, Spain, Teller, Dawkins, McDermott, Nsehke, Waddle and Sirles.

Obviously a handful of those guys are nothing special and likely cuts but as is there are almost 10 OL that are almost assuredly going to make the 53 man roster. OL are always available in free agency. Use FA OL to plug the line and use your top 10 draft pick on high end talent.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad