Buffalo Bills (5-10): Next game 12/30 vs. Dolphins (7-8); Kyle Willams Announces His Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

6. Buffalo Bills D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

Even though the Bills could stand to improve on the defensive line, their defense has been a great story this year; it’s their offense that needs the most help.

Quarterback Josh Allen has been fine, and even though the media loves to beat up on Allen because it’s low hanging fruit, he has progressed. What would allow him to take the next step is if the Bills’ second best wide receiver wasn’t Robert Foster.

D.K. Metcalf would not only be Buffalo’s second best wide receiver, he’d be their first best wide receiver — Trevor, you don’t have to say “first best,” best is implied.

Metcalf missed the last portion of Ole Miss’ season with a neck injury. As long as the neck checks out, this 6-3, 225-pound outside wide receiver was just starting to scratch the surface of what he’s capable of.

37. Buffalo Bills: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

Not bad. I think people are going to debate Metcalf/Harry for WR1 right up to draft night. Still though, picking up that high, there are probably going to be some players at other positions who will be BPA. It'll be an interesting test of the FO's draft philosophy.

Fant would be great value if he lasts to the 2nd day.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Not bad. I think people are going to debate Metcalf/Harry for WR1 right up to draft night. Still though, picking up that high, there are probably going to be some players at other positions who will be BPA. It'll be an interesting test of the FO's draft philosophy.

They need to address OL pretty early in the draft and also in Free Agency.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

I get worried about drafting the first WR off the board. It's probably not even arguable but since 2000 the top WR drafted ended up with the best career twice, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Both were generational talents, and none of the guys here are. With the depth at the position, a second rounder may be a better gamble.

Reactions: brian_griffin

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Agreed on Fant. He'd be a great pick in the 2nd. With that said I don't like the Metcalf pick. I think he's the 3rd best WR in this draft, if they do decide to go WR I'd rather it be Harry, but would prefer they use the 1st on a guy like Jonah Williams. Not many good tackles in this draft and while WR may lack some star power I think it's a relatively deep class.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
ANALYSIS
0ap3000000998499_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

Why Did the Raiders Fire McKenzie?
What led the Raiders to fire their general manager, especially after a surprise upset win over the Steelers? Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Media share their insights here.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Meh, if we take a receiver in the first, and I think we should, neither of those two are my top choices. Both have concerns about if they have enough speed to get separation in the NFL and Metcalf is coming off a pretty major injury. My top two choices would be Marquise Brown or Paris Campbell. Give me the elite speed.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Quick Hits: Making up for the loss of Matt Milano

sn9hcrkbtysrux01qzhf.jpg

The Bills lost one of their top playmakers on defense Sunday when Matt Milano suffered a broken fibula that required surgery on Monday. Replacing him as a three-down player won’t be easy for the team’s final three games.

“The good part is Matt did a really good job. I thought he really grew this year. We’ll miss him. We look forward to getting him back in the offseason,” said head coach Sean McDermott. “(Replacing him) will be by committee. We’re still working through that. We’ve got certainly Lorenzo (Alexander) could fill that role and some other guys with respect to Deon (Lacey) and Corey (Thompson) and potentially Julian (Stanford). So we’re still going to work through that.”

McCoy and Ivory are day to day LeSean McCoy and Chris Ivory were two other casualties in Sunday’s loss to the Jets. McCoy left the game after just a few plays with a hamstring injury. Chris Ivory left in the second half with a shoulder injury after landing on it with all his body weight at the end of a running play.

Both are listed as day-to-day.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I think this is a draft you try to trade down a bit. Especially if the Giants are ahead of you, take their next two 2nd round picks for them to move up a couple spots if the top QB is avaialable.
Draft WR, TE, OT with their 3 first picks, in no particular order.

That would be after signing a couple linemen and at least one starting receiver in free agency.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think it's easier to build an OL through FA/later rounds than it is to pick up a high-level skill guy that way, with some exceptions. Hope to see WR/OL/DE in the draft or something like that, ideally with a trade down

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I think it's easier to build an OL through FA/later rounds than it is to pick up a high-level skill guy that way, with some exceptions. Hope to see WR/OL/DE in the draft or something like that, ideally with a trade down
Agreed. You can get starting receivers in FA, but it’s going to be paying a lot of money for a decent guy (see: Gabriel, Wilson, Woods, etc.). And there’s no Allen Robinson level #1 receiver in this FA crop. If we want a guy that could be a game changer, we need to draft him. That’s not to say there’s HOF linemen on the market either, but if given the choice between five average offensive linemen or five average skill position players, I’d take the average offensive line. A group of just ok guys can be effective if they play well together.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad