Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Coastal Carolinas. Traveling to WNY next Thursday for a week of family visits through the weekend and work the following week. Looking forward to the cooler / more comfortable weather. Your highs are lower than my lows, and your humidity is 20-40% lower.

Same. I’m in the Midlands in SC

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Same here as well. I'm in Charlotte and I tried going for a jog early afternoon yesterday and just about passed out. I hate the next month or so of weather down here. It's brutal.
Yeah, 3rd week of July through 3rd week of Sept is brutal. 90+ temps. The humidity really amps up, frequent thunderstorms, sun turns it into a sauna, the mushrooms grow in the yard and fungus grow on anything wooden outdoors. All the energy off the coast brings in the hurricanes.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Yeah, 3rd week of July through 3rd week of Sept is brutal. 90+ temps. The humidity really amps up, frequent thunderstorms, sun turns it into a sauna, the mushrooms grow in the yard and fungus grow on anything wooden outdoors. All the energy off the coast brings in the hurricanes.
Just got back from finally visiting family in buffalo. The weather was perfect last week. High 70s to mid 80s with just a few sprinkles. I'm in eastern Tennessee and the mountains keep it a little cooler than the coast but it's 90s and huuuumid every day

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Do you mind taking this discussion elsewhere? Nothing to do with football at all

Kumerow making a push? I cant see him making it barring an injury

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Do you mind taking this discussion elsewhere? Nothing to do with football at all

Kumerow making a push? I cant see him making it barring an injury

Him being a ST ace will allow him on the roster. My hope would be that GB comes a calling offering a mid round pick for him. That is unless Josh says, he stays, then he stays.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Urban Meyer doesn't want to see fans from opposing teams in the stadium - ProFootballTalk

Good luck, Urban! As someone who went to a bunch of games there and sat 1st level 50 yard line, a suite, 200 level and many other places and I don't believe I ever spent over 25 bucks on a ticket, it won't be easy.

:laugh: I have 4 tickets to the Bills game there in November. And the ticket person with Jacksonville told me the Bills game was selling out the quickest. Yeah, good luck with that Urban.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
:laugh: I have 4 tickets to the Bills game there in November. And the ticket person with Jacksonville told me the Bills game was selling out the quickest. Yeah, good luck with that Urban.
I went to the Chargers v Jags game back in 11. It was on nice night and a Monday night game. I got tickets the day before for my roommate and I for about 15 bucks each in the 300's, I'd say 75 percent were charger fans and we all know that fanbase.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I went to the Chargers v Jags game back in 11. It was on nice night and a Monday night game. I got tickets the day before for my roommate and I for about 15 bucks each in the 300's, I'd say 75 percent were charger fans and we all know that fanbase.

Good to know. I’m booked up for there off some “island” nearby. My family handled that I just had to coordinate flight tickets. It’ll be nice to be surrounded by some Bills fans.
Been flying to the Miami games for the past few years and if you get into the stadium, it’s pretty well represented. If you’re outside of the stadium, it’s all Miami fans. I appreciate that. I just think the Dolphins stadium is somehow built worse than even our own.

Terrible climb to get to the seats and nowhere near the actual city. It’s a fun time but man, I hope Jacksonville isn’t going to be like that.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Good to know. I’m booked up for there off some “island” nearby. My family handled that I just had to coordinate flight tickets. It’ll be nice to be surrounded by some Bills fans.
Been flying to the Miami games for the past few years and if you get into the stadium, it’s pretty well represented. If you’re outside of the stadium, it’s all Miami fans. I appreciate that. I just think the Dolphins stadium is somehow built worse than even our own.

Terrible climb to get to the seats and nowhere near the actual city. It’s a fun time but man, I hope Jacksonville isn’t going to be like that.
It will be 90% Bills fans. Jags fans will be there as well and they are Floridians, so they are complete wildcards (seen a fight or two maybe caused one). The stadium is downtown (not the greatest part of Jacksonville) next to the Maxwell plant so it will smell like coffee. Tailgating is kinda weak but I suspect Lawrence will draw some sort of crowd and possibly hike up tickets unless they start 0-5 again, then it's back to college football.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm slightly surprised the Jags haven't been relocated to London. A few years ago i thought it was inevitable. It seems to have lost some traction & Covid obviously doesn't help - but i still think it may happen in future.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Him being a ST ace will allow him on the roster. My hope would be that GB comes a calling offering a mid round pick for him. That is unless Josh says, he stays, then he stays.

Be nice if Rodgers demands Kumerow or he retires and we get 4 1st for Kumerow

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Pegula's 2011 "I'll drill another well" was bullshit.

It's very hard to be a billionaire, and also have a soul.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Pegula's 2011 "I'll drill another well" was bullshit.

It's very hard to be a billionaire, and also have a soul.

I'd be fine with the state/city chipping in a bit (maybe up to 30%) IF the Stadium was part of a downtown revitalization project and they were bringing people and jobs to downtown Buffalo.

However, building in Orchard Park next to the current one? That's status quo with all the benefits going straight to the Pegulas in the form of higher revenues.

Consider the bills are getting what, 3.5B as part of the new TV deal, I think they can pay for their own stadium. The idea that the state should just pay out of pocket for the new stadium 100% is laughable.

Reactions: JThorne and Husko

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I'd be fine with the state/city chipping in a bit (maybe up to 30%) IF the Stadium was part of a downtown revitalization project and they were bringing people and jobs to downtown Buffalo.

However, building in Orchard Park next to the current one? That's status quo with all the benefits going straight to the Pegulas in the form of higher revenues.

Consider the bills are getting what, 3.5B as part of the new TV deal, I think they can pay for their own stadium. The idea that the state should just pay out of pocket for the new stadium 100% is laughable.

I agree generally that there should be less public funding in every circumstance. This was most likely the Pegula's opening offer that won't be anywhere near the final agreement. You can tell because they are not including any of their own money, which they absolutely will be doing to take advantage of the NFL G4 programs. That program is essentially free money from the NFL; If a stadium project cost is more than $400M, AND the team puts up at least $200M, the NFL will provide a 'loan' of $200M, meaning the first $400M is covered. I quoted loan because it's actually more of a grant; Every team has to pay a certain portion of revenues back to the league every year no matter what. This program allows that money they are sending to the league to count as the payback of the loan, so there is almost no incremental cost to them.

The initial ask was $1.1B for the football stadium, and most of the rest going towards renovations at KeyBank center. If you take away the $400M from the G4 program, that's a state ask of $700M for the stadium and $400M for KBC. KBC was built from scratch for an inflation adjusted $200M , so it's comical they would ask for that much to renovate. I also would expect the NFL to lean hard on the state, being that this will be the only NFL stadium in the state of NY, and they will want to extract maximum dollars for it.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I suppose it's a negotiation and you have to begin somewhere but it's comical. Tell ya what Terry, you give the taxpayer's a 1.5 billion share of the team then they will pay for the stadium.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

so much for that whole “we’ll never move the team” thing.

I am quickly starting to dislike the Pegulas between their BS with the Sabres and now this.

I get that it’s a negotiation, but still. They know how damn insecure we fans were about losing our beloved Buffalo Bills.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Owners having taxpayers foot the bill is ridiculously dumb, improper, and something I strongly disagree with.

but it is not specific to Pegula, and this is normal bs

Reactions: Husko

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Owners having taxpayers foot the bill is ridiculously dumb, improper, and something I strongly disagree with.

but it is not specific to Pegula, and this is normal bs

Agreed.

My dislike of the Pegulas is prob well known, but I think this was leaked to create some sensationalism honestly, since there is no way that every dollar is going to come from the state, and everyone involved knows that.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If you could make a list of things tax dollars pay for and eliminate things you don't want, sports stadiums would be on the list. At least they're on my list. I will gladly pay a few dollars for a Bills stadium.

Sports are my escape from reality.

Reactions: Husko

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
If you could take a list of things tax dollars pay for and eliminate things you want and don't want, sports stadiums would be on the want list. A lot of other things would be on the don't want list.

Sports are my escape from reality.

Tax dollars used for the public good, even things I personally don't need, are fine. Tax dollars used to subsidize private businesses though, we should all object to.

California has been leading the way for years to show that you can in fact build amazing sports arenas that make you a lot of money without requiring billions in public subsidies to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->