Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Raiders 3-2, Dolphins 3-3, Rams 4-2. 3 of the 4 wins came against .500 or better teams. What big wins does Russ and Seattle have?Oh right ZERO. He has beat up on losing record teams and the best team they have played is the 3-3 Dolphins, which ironically Josh got crucified for dominating against.

Seattle's opponents are 9-20 on the year but all we hear is Russ is so amazing, Russ for MVP.

They are 1-5 and don't play in the NFC East. They are already out of it.

Yes, because Russ is one of the best QB's in the world and is not choking in prime time. The Allen for MVP stuff was fun but that's over now.

Reactions: seagull

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Even counting Allens 2019 season (which all the PFF clowns found unimpressive.

Since 2019...36 pass tds,12 rushing. 48 tds in 21 games (15 in 2019 the Jets game does not count and the 6 this year)

If a QB averages 36.5 TDs per 16 games and has 48 total tds and only 13 picks in 21 games how is that not elite? Putting up over 3.5 TDs every INT? Yes he fumbles but all QBS do and mobile ones like him will fumble while rushing for damn near 10 tds a season. He is currently in the elite camp. The Media crowned Carson Wentz MvP in 2017 and Josh will surpass his numbers.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’m not in panic mode, yet. I’m in worried mode for sure.

The next two games, how they adjust, and how the trade deadline is approached will dictate if I transition from worry to panic mode.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Bills sign LB Ahmad Gooden to the practice squad
The Bills announced the signing of linebacker Ahmad Gooden to the practice squad.

Gooden spent the 2020 offseason with the New York Jets before being released in August. He originally joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Denver Broncos in 2019. He made his NFL debut against the Bills and played in three career games with Denver. Gooden played his college football at Samford and is a native of Talladega, AL.

He was expected to be part of the Jets regular rotation but never got on the field after going on the reserve covid-19 list. He's a versatile player. He doesn't have ideal metrics but he manages to get the job done. With Dodson missing practice with a hamstring injury he could be activated for the Jets game.
Scouting Jets outside linebacker Ahmad Gooden

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Bills Notebook: Tremaine Edmunds hopeful shoulder injury won't impact him all year
Tremaine Edmunds is on the mend.
The Buffalo Bills' third-year linebacker has gutted his way through a shoulder injury suffered in the season opener against the New York Jets. Edmunds missed just one game, but some uneven performances have led some to question the impact of the injury on his play.
"It’s just something that I’m going to have to play around," Edmunds said Thursday. "Regardless, of what it is, I’m out there. I hold myself to the same standard as if nothing was wrong with my shoulder at all. I don’t need it as no excuse and I’m not going to use it as an excuse."
Coach Sean McDermott suggested last week that Edmunds will have to deal with soreness in his shoulder – particularly after games – perhaps for the rest of the season. Edmunds has been in and out of a red non-contact jersey during the practice week.

Tage Edmunds says it's definitely getting better.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Bills at Jets: Thursday injury reports

Did not practice

• WR John Brown (knee)
  • LB Tyrel Dodson (hamstring)
  • OL Cody Ford (knee)
  • TE Dawson Knox (calf)
  • TE Tyler Kroft (not injury related)
Limited practice

• QB Jake Fromm (quarantine)
  • CB Cam Lewis (wrist)
  • LB Matt Milano (limited)
  • CB Tre’Davious White (back)
  • CB Josh Norman (hamstring)
Full practice

• QB Josh Allen (shoulder)

Allen is listed because he had medical treatment on his shoulder.
Lewis and Ford are week to week
Feliciano was on the practice field.
Info on Jets injuries is also on this page.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Where Tremaine Edmunds has gone wrong for the Bills: All-22 film review
On ten designed runs against the Butler-Zimmer pairing, the Bills allowed only 1.6 yards per carry for a total of 16 yards. Five of those ten attempts went for zero or negative yards and seven were for negative-4. Zimmer took 20 snaps at one-technique compared to nine at three-technique. When the Bills flipped Zimmer to three-technique and Butler to one-technique, the results were more in line with the rest of the game, with them allowing 27 yards on four carries (6.8 yards per carry).

The Bills think they may have found something in Zimmer.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Where Tremaine Edmunds has gone wrong for the Bills: All-22 film review
On ten designed runs against the Butler-Zimmer pairing, the Bills allowed only 1.6 yards per carry for a total of 16 yards. Five of those ten attempts went for zero or negative yards and seven were for negative-4. Zimmer took 20 snaps at one-technique compared to nine at three-technique. When the Bills flipped Zimmer to three-technique and Butler to one-technique, the results were more in line with the rest of the game, with them allowing 27 yards on four carries (6.8 yards per carry).

The Bills think they may have found something in Zimmer.

He looks like a NT

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Kept a close eye on Tomlinson last night, if he's truly available I think Beane has to pounce. Guy looked great at 1 tech, would really help free up Ed as a tandem, allows Jefferson to go back to his hybrid role, Butler to 3tech and Zims/Phillips backing him up at 1tech. Would really help the front 7 all around.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Hopefully the Bills can just take care of business and have this not even be close this Sunday. Feels like a real turning point moment in the season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes, because Russ is one of the best QB's in the world and is not choking in prime time. The Allen for MVP stuff was fun but that's over now.
Just like how it was "premature" after "just" 4 games it definitely is also premature to cast Allen aside from that convo after HALF that amount.

Allen has PLENTY of chances to still put his name in the hat. If he throws 25-30 TDs over the last 10 games, goes 7-3 or 8-2 and runs for a few more TDs thats an MVP in my eyes.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
While you never take ANY NFL team lightly, if we have any troubles with the worst team in the league who just cut one of the few high talent players on their roster then we don't deserve to be a playoff team and Josh then is 100% out of mvp talk.

Simply put with all the injuries Josh and the offense need to jump out to a quick big lead and put up 30+ minimum and take pressure off the D. Seeing Josh throw for 3-4 and run for one would be nice to see. These are the games the true elite QBs put monster numbers up on. Lets see Josh throw 4 TDs so we can proudly claim that our young QB reached the 20 pass TD mark not even halfway through the season and that he matched last years pass TD total he had the first 15 games by the end
of game #7.

And for cripes sake can you just sign Prince Amukumara and a couple of the following: Mychal Kendricks (tore his acl week 17 last year but he should be getting close to ready), Nigel Bradham, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, Aaron Lynch Clay Matthews. Yeah these are guys who likely have lost a few steps but would still be better then what we will be trotting out. Our D is atrocious. Is it coaching, injuries, underperformances, teams solving the scheme, the loss of Jordan Phillips and Star or a combo of all that? Edmunds clearly isn't 100%, Addison is at least putting up #s but Oliver has definitely underperformed. He should be pushing 10 sacks for this year not the 5 he did as a rookie

Last edited:

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
While you never take ANY NFL team lightly, if we have any troubles with the worst team in the league who just cut one of the few high talent players on their roster then we don't deserve to be a playoff team and Josh then is 100% out of mvp talk.

Simply put with all the injuries Josh and the offense need to jump out to a quick big lead and put up 30+ minimum and take pressure off the D. Seeing Josh throw for 3-4 and run for one would be nice to see. These are the games the true elite QBs put monster numbers up on. Lets see Josh throw 4 TDs so we can proudly claim that our young QB reached the 20 pass TD mark not even halfway through the season and that he matched last years pass TD total he had the first 15 games by the end
of game #7.

And for cripes sake can you just sign Prince Amukumara and a couple of the following: Mychal Kendricks (tore his acl week 17 last year but he should be getting close to ready), Nigel Bradham, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, Aaron Lynch Clay Matthews. Yeah these are guys who likely have lost a few steps but would still be better then what we will be trotting out. Our D is atrocious. Is it coaching, injuries, underperformances, teams solving the scheme, the loss of Jordan Phillips and Star or a combo of all that? Edmunds clearly isn't 100%, Addison is at least putting up #s but Oliver has definitely underperformed. He should be pushing 10 sacks for this year not the 5 he did as a rookie

This defense was susceptible to the inside zone runs last year as well. I don't think Star is that good but the other options are even worse.

New England is going to run, run, run on this team. Last year they circled Edmunds as a target and will do it again, this time with a better OL and Cam as another running threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad