Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
In addition to the UDFAs, from what little I saw of the XFL, there are enough extra P's & K's floating around who can provide camp competition, and I bet many of them earn a spot. The kicking games were near NFL caliber (and the new rules were pretty cool).
Schum would be a nice add as a punter.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Unpopular opinion: I’d be all aboard bringing in Cam to backup Allen.

buscaglia wrote about this yesterday and argued essentially that cam as a backup would be disruptive to the process of developing allen and i don't disagree. newton will never think of himself as a backup, particularly to a 3rd year player who's had ups and downs, and i think would really mess with the qb room.

i'm all for competition and pushing from below, but the newton dynamic terrifies me.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'll echo what others are saying. Stay away from Newton. He can't stay healthy, his ego will never allow him to be a backup and quite frankly he was never that good to begin with. I said not that long ago his unwillingness to even attempt to recover that fumble in the superbowl should tell you all you need to know about his will to win.
Keenum would have been a decent target, as would Foles, but that ship has sailed. Unfortunately there isn't much left out there. Dalton would be a good get, but I think the Bengals keep him. Unfortunately it's probably going to just be Allen and Barkley, which means if Allen goes down for any length of time we're toast.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Nice. We needed tackle depth. He missed all of 2018 with a serious knee injury that needed surgery. So I’m not that surprised to hear he may have struggled some last season. Hopefully this will be a rebound year for him. He was a pretty good tackle before the injury.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If Newton was never that good to begin with than what exactly is Josh Allen
We'll have a real good idea of what he is after this season. He'd better make a significant leap forward with what they've committed to doing around him, if he doesn't we're back at square one.
Bear in mind, Newton was a 1st overall pick. You take a player 1st overall (especially a QB) you expect a perennial pro-bowler, and outside of his 2015 season he's fallen well short of those expectations.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

The Patriots are hiring every top computer hacker they can find for Draft Night:

With the first selection in the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select ..."James Morgan (in Belichick's voice)"

With the second selection in the NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select..."Malcolm Roach (in Belichick's voice)"

With the twenty third selection in the NFL draft, the New England Patriots select..."Joe Burrow".

Essentially they end up with Burrow, Okudah, Young, Simmons, etc...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Anyone have any feelings on Antonio Gibson? WR/HB hybrid player that's projected as more of a third down RB in the NFL, but I like the idea of keeping him in that hybrid role. Homerun hitting ability, which as I've said a few times is what our offense needs an infusion of.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Anyone have any feelings on Antonio Gibson? WR/HB hybrid player that's projected as more of a third down RB in the NFL, but I like the idea of keeping him in that hybrid role. Homerun hitting ability, which as I've said a few times is what our offense needs an infusion of.
My viewings of Gibson have all been from highlights, but from what I've seen he looks like he'd be a nice target. Big time homerun hitter, pretty versatile player, and the cost shouldn't be great as it looks like he'll be a day 3 pick.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't want Cam here but I also don't want him with the Pats. Living in Charlotte, I've seen his first game, and his last game in the city. He's very underrated. He may be 31 next year and have an injury history that's growing, but he's also great with audibles and has the arm strength to be effective into his twilight. He would probably be great for Josh, but I do agree that he won't be content as a backup. With that said, I want him to go to LA or Jacksonville because he's still dangerous.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I think it was in the previous thread by now but I singled out Gibson as a guy I really like after watching the combine. I was focusing on the WRs more than any other position at the time of course he worked out with the WRs.

He's be a great R4 pick imo. He has great measureables so maybe someone takes a flyer on him with an earlier pick?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

This is some great analysis of the McBeane tenure from a roster construction / cap pov.

Makes all the points I was trying to make while arguing with some of you guys before free agency. Why the Bills won't target big name ufa's, etc.

Worth a watch/listen.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't want Cam here but I also don't want him with the Pats. Living in Charlotte, I've seen his first game, and his last game in the city. He's very underrated. He may be 31 next year and have an injury history that's growing, but he's also great with audibles and has the arm strength to be effective into his twilight. He would probably be great for Josh, but I do agree that he won't be content as a backup. With that said, I want him to go to LA or Jacksonville because he's still dangerous.
disagree 100%. I would LOVE for him to go to the Pats. He is no longer dangerous, that foot is a chronic issue and his best days are far behind him, he will only bring drama to any team that would have him, our D would eat him alive. Do it Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->