Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season Continued (8-3) - Next Game at Dallas (6-5) on 11/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
So, in 10 games Allen has 20 TDS (13 passing, 7 rushing), 13 turnovers (7 int, 3 lost fumbles) and just shy of 2500 all purpose yards.

I know we all want him to be a 5000 yard passer, but there is undeniable growth this year. Next year will be the turning point. He either puts it all together, including the deep ball or he is a career “meh” qb.

Or what if ..and this may be a big what if...he keeps developing after year 3?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Or what if ..and this may be a big what if...he keeps developing after year 3?
Anything can happen, but next year is make or break for deciding if he is a franchise guy or another placeholder who can win some games with a good defense.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Anything can happen, but next year is make or break for deciding if he is a franchise guy or another placeholder who can win some games with a good defense.

Allen is the first QB we have had since Tyrod Taylor where it's like we can be competent with him.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I guess, but Allen has been competent and showing improvements enough to where he's earned at least 3 years, IMO. He's not an EJ Manuel situation where it was clear early on he wasn't good enough.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Mind you that is total TDs not all passing TDs. 12 TDs (8 passing 4 rushing) and 0 INT over that stretch.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
What is the deal with the announcer's obsession with us running the clock out? There is 15 minutes left

The up-tempo is working, ****
This was annoying me, also. I'm Mr. Game Management, but it was obvious the Bills were speeding it up to keep personnel on the field. And it worked splendidly that drive, they were totally lost trying to cover Brown, and they were trying to set up McKenzie for one of those open space things which didn't really hit.

Anything would have won today, but good to see the Bills not going in a shell and continue doing whatever is best to keep scoring for once.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Well, that was a dominant game. A full 60 minute effort. If it wasnt for the botched special teams play, which rarely happens in today's NFL, the score would've indicated a complete blow out. Proud of the boys today. Should be able to beat Denver next week, and Pitt is looking vulnerable as well. Playoffs are still on the horizon while we have a majority of the AFC teams in the rear view.

It's a good feeling going into December with a legit shot at the playoffs. As a fan for nearly 20 years, I haven't been able to say that very often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Allen now has 20 TDs and 10 turnovers! Not too shabby.

since the NE game, he has 10 TDs and two turnovers.

His play action fakes in Miami were great.

If he can cut out the fumbles and get the deep ball back that would go a long way into making him a complete qb.

I think the Baltimore game will tell us allot about this team.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Bills win, Sabres go 1-1
Not a bad weekend

You must not be reading the hot takes in the Hawks GDT.

If the Bills win the games they should, they will be in the playoffs. Then they have some flexibility to make moves in the off-season. It’s possible to be optimistic for the next few years.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
His play action fakes in Miami were great.

If he can cut out the fumbles and get the deep ball back that would go a long way into making him a complete qb.

I think the Baltimore game will tell us allot about this team.
I really like the fact he can throw dimes 20 yards down the middle of the field. Accuracy is way up. Yards per game is. TD:INT ratio is improving. He's had his hiccups for sure , and it gives me pause every now and then, but he's definitely improving.

Baltimore is a nightmare matchup for our defense. That game could be a blowout. The offense needs to put up 30+ points for us to have a shot. At least now we know they're capable of it even if the competition sucks.

I'm looking at the Dallas game first and foremost as a measuring stick. If we go in their house and steal a game, then I'm thinking we can make some noise in the playoffs.

Finally, good to see the coaching staff seemingly learn from their mistakes in the past. Has me optimistic about them. I soured on them, but if they can show evolution, then we're good to go.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
What we learned from Sunday's Week 11 games

Buffalo Bills 37, Miami Dolphins 20

1. Strong arm, fleet feet, a one-man adventure poised for the unpredictable, Josh Allen put forth what is likely his finest NFL performance yet. With one on the ground and three through the air, Allen had four touchdowns as the Bills did what they were supposed to do and won their AFC East tilt against the host Dolphins, 37-20. Allen had no turnovers, adding a season-high 56 yards rushing to an all-together efficient line of 21-for-33 for 256 yards and a 117.7 rating. The former first-round pick played as such on this Sunday. Sure, it was against the Dolphins (2-8), but the Bills (7-3) and their young gunslinger took care of business as they should have and kept pace with the division-leading Patriots and more importantly stayed in line for a postseason bid. It's hard to predict a day when Allen won't offer up an uncertain afternoon, but on this day he was efficient and still exciting. As the franchise aims for a playoff return, its supposed franchise quarterback is taking steps into the right direction to become just that.

2. It matters not what your record is, it matters not what the score is. If you've got Ryan Fitzpatrick, it's going to be a roller coaster and you're going to keep on coming. Down 16-0, the Dolphins found pay dirt when Fitzpatrick threw for 65 yards on a drive to set up a Kalen Ballage touchdown. The Dolphins followed that up with a surprise onside kick that kicker Jason Sanders recovered himself. The ensuing drive went awry with an Allen Hurns fumble, but Miami just kept coming. Jakeem Grant had a 101-yard kick return for a touchdown and added a rushing score. Against a bruising Bills defense, Fitzpatrick was sacked seven times, but the marvelous bearded wonder of a QB kept on getting up. This will be a forgotten Dolphins season in the hopes of leading to memorable ones down the line, but every once in a while a tip of the cap is warranted for effort, even at this, the highest of levels. Fitzpatrick and those he's leading keep on keeping on. Here's that tip of the cap.

3. Just as Allen had his best outing to date, Bills wideout John Brown had his best game this season and continued to put together a campaign that demands notice, whether he's tucked away in Buffalo or not. Brown posted season-highs of nine catches for 137 yards and, for just the second time in his career, had two touchdowns. Brown's 14 targets were more than double any other Bill. He and Allen clearly have chemistry, and the Bills are seeing clearer now that they have a bona fide No. 1 wide receiver.

-- Grant Gordon

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
We will learn about the team the next six weeks. Last 6 game schedule is tough, no let down vs Denver this week to start. Then two more wins for 10-6.

Baltimore, NE, Dallas

Den, NYJ, Pit

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
plgxqy2bijeusvrzru9t.jpg

Schrager: Josh Allen had his 'best game as a pro' Week 11 vs. Dolphins (1:04)
Peter Schrager of the "Good Morning Football" crew explains why Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen "might have had the best Sunday in football as far as quarterbacks go" in Week 11 against the Buffalo Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->